Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,944 members, 7,828,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

5 Years In Mind- Tributes To Dagrin -- Barrack O' Grin - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 5 Years In Mind- Tributes To Dagrin -- Barrack O' Grin (957 Views)

Stop Comparing Me To Dagrin- Olamide Cries Out To Fans / Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor / Uche Jombo, Mike Ezuruonye & Others Pour In Tributes For Muna Obiekwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Years In Mind- Tributes To Dagrin -- Barrack O' Grin by nairawallcom: 11:47am On Apr 22, 2015
[size=18pt]Celebrities remember Dagrin...[/size]

DOWNLOAD ALL STARS SONG ..MY PAIN a tribute to dagrin [url=http://a2.my.naij.com/download/a/u4/cw/zn/wy/u4cwznwy/name/Array+-+My+Pain+Naijapals%28music.naij.com%29.mp3]DOWNLOAD HERE[/url]

Biography

Dagrin's home was in Meiran, Alagbado, Lagos. His style of rapping incorporated Yoruba, English and Pidgin English. In 2010 he was nominated for the Nigerian Entertainment Awards for Best Album (C.E.O.), Hottest Single "Pon Pon Pon", Best Rap Act and Best Collaboration with vocals. His album C.E.O. (Chief executive Omota English: Chief Executive Gangster) won the Hip hop World Award 2010 for best rap album. From it came the singles "Pon Pon Pon", and "Kondo". Dagrin worked with other Nigerian artists such as Y.Q, 9ice, M.I, Iceberg Slim,omobaba,terry g,code,MISTAR DOLLAR, TMD entertainment, omowumi, chudy k, Bigiano, and Konga. He associated with music producers like Sossick, Dr Frabz, Sheyman, and Frenzy.

He died at the age of 22 on 22 April 2010 after a vehicle accident in Lagos, Nigeria.

TRIBUTES TO DAGRIN FROM CELEBRITIES

I never got to meet Dagrin – Olamide YBNL boss,

Olamide was a guest of the 14th episode of ‘The Truth’ with Olisa Adibua where he was grilled for over 30 minutes on several issues, including his relationship with ID Cabasa, his little beginning and more....

In the course of the interview, Olamide was asked if he had any relationship with the late Dagrin, and he said, ‘No, not at all, I never got to meet Dagrin at all.’ Reacting to a question on whether he owes anything to Dagrin for opening the pathway and acceptance of indigenous rap, Olamide said: ‘Actually, Dagrin did pave the way for people like me. Lord of Ajasa paved the way as well.

This whole thing is a movement and it has to keep going on. Every new set of artistes that come out will pave way for the next generation.’...

His legacy lives on -Saeon Saeon:

5 years on, and his legacy lives. Dagrin was a musical genius, who inspired the popularity and acceptance of Hiphop music in local tongue, contributing immeasurably towards a new Nigeria, where pride in our collective indigenous identity is on the rise. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones. My prayer is that the Good Lord continues to comfort them. R.I.P, Dagrin. He laid a big legacy

-Oritsefemi Oritsefemi: Emotionally, I’ve missed Dagrin for real. He laid a big legacy in the Nigerian entertainment industry whereby a lot of young, upcoming rappers are

Source: http://www.nairawall.com/lagos/lagos-mainland/resources/arts-entertainment/47
Re: 5 Years In Mind- Tributes To Dagrin -- Barrack O' Grin by Maczeelly(m): 11:48am On Apr 22, 2015
Fp
Re: 5 Years In Mind- Tributes To Dagrin -- Barrack O' Grin by nairawallcom: 12:25pm On Apr 22, 2015
MAY HE CONTINUE TO REST IN PEACE
Re: 5 Years In Mind- Tributes To Dagrin -- Barrack O' Grin by Habayomie(m): 12:27pm On Apr 22, 2015
Barack O'grin your memory lives on.
Tribute to a legend
Re: 5 Years In Mind- Tributes To Dagrin -- Barrack O' Grin by nairawallcom: 1:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
r.I.p
Re: 5 Years In Mind- Tributes To Dagrin -- Barrack O' Grin by nairawallcom: 3:43pm On Apr 22, 2015
Wondering Why Mods won't make front page on his day

(1) (Reply)

Check Out:an Aridolf Hotel In Bayelsa State Allegedly Owned By PEJ / Opportunities To Travel Abroad ( USA, UK, Canada , Schengen Countries ) I! / Interesting!! Don Jazzy Shares His Pre-wedding Shoot With Rihanna(photo).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.