Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Can Divorcee's Children Be Potential Divorcee - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Divorcee's Children Be Potential Divorcee (856 Views)

Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry / The Woman I Want To Marry Is A Divorcee With A Kid / A Single Mother Who Has Never Been Married Versus A Divorcee Without A Child. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Divorcee's Children Be Potential Divorcee by Indifferent(m): 12:42pm On Apr 22, 2015
There is this my cousin who is an only child. His parents have been pestering him to find a wife. The mother has even joined in the search for wife for him, but has not found his taste as he has rejected all the girls his mother has found for him. He will be 32 by july this year.

Earlier this year he started hanging out with this fine girl he claims to love. He noticed that each time he discuses with the girl, she will always be mentioning 'her dad this' 'her dad that'. She hardly speaks of her mother

My cousin enquired, on thinking the mother has died but he learnt the mum is alive.
Out of curiosity he made more enquiry and learnt the parents are divorced. And the children including his girlfriend live with the dad.

We figured the girl is hiding it as she has not said anything about it since they started dating.
The problem is that my cousin has been thinking of settling down with her.
He is asking me for advice, and i don't know what to tell him. He thinks the daughter of a divorcee will likely be a divorcee.

Abeg nairalanders make una help with advice o. Cos if this my cousin leave this girl we no know when em go fit find another girl of his choice. And his parents dem don dey upset already.
Re: Can Divorcee's Children Be Potential Divorcee by achinaboy(m): 12:43pm On Apr 22, 2015
95% proven

1 Like

Re: Can Divorcee's Children Be Potential Divorcee by mystiqueDZ(f): 2:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
No!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Can Divorcee's Children Be Potential Divorcee by hahn(m): 3:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
That's really not true. Most people from broken homes try as much as possible NOT to repeat the same mistakes their parents made in their own marriages. I have even found out that kids from stable homes tend to take it for granted and they are the ones who end up having broken homes

My personal opinion

5 Likes

Re: Can Divorcee's Children Be Potential Divorcee by socrateez(m): 3:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
If someone comes from a broken home, it does not necessarily mean such a person will also have a broken home, it depends on his /her perspective to life.
While a person can replicate the issues that led to the breakup of the parents home, there are of those who would vow never to repeat what the parents did.
Everyone knows that growing up in a broken home has a lot of challenges; absentee motherhood/fatherhood; rivalry with the step parents; trouble with step brothers/sisters; disparity in the display of affection from the family etc.
If you come across a person who has gone through this experience and he/she vows never to bring them into his/her home, you're in safe hands. But if your prospective partner thinks that divorce is not a big deal afterall he/she is from a broken hoe, its advisable you run away if you don't want to have a broken home.

1 Like

Re: Can Divorcee's Children Be Potential Divorcee by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
hahn:
That's really not true. Most people from broken homes try as much as possible NOT to repeat the same mistakes their parents made in their own marriages. I have even found out that kids from stable homes tend to take it for granted and they are the ones who end up having broken homes

My personal opinion
There are two ways to it.. one is your comment above..

The second is many of them may be like : I will take no sh*t from my man just like my mum, I could easily divorce. . My mum afterall lived happily and cartered for us comfortably without our dad's help, so I don't necessarily need a man, bla bla bla..

Meanyl, anyone wey wan divorce go divorce whether from a broken home or not...

1 Like

Re: Can Divorcee's Children Be Potential Divorcee by hahn(m): 5:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
MarvellousGod:

The second is many of them may be like : I will take no sh*t from my man just like my mum, I could easily divorce. . My mum afterall lived happily and cartered for us comfortably without our dad's help, so I don't necessarily need a man, bla bla bla..

Word. There's always two sides to a coin and in the end generalisation is always subject to inconsistencies

1 Like

Re: Can Divorcee's Children Be Potential Divorcee by Indifferent(m): 7:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
hahn:

My personal opinion
I don't if this is just our african stereotype that they are likely to be divorcees
Re: Can Divorcee's Children Be Potential Divorcee by Indifferent(m): 7:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
MarvellousGod:

Yea. In this instance, I think the parent that the children lived with, has a role to play.
Re: Can Divorcee's Children Be Potential Divorcee by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
MarvellousGod:

Touche'
Re: Can Divorcee's Children Be Potential Divorcee by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 25, 2015
i have a friend whose parents got divorced pretty late in their lives. one day she was advicing her cousins wife who is always having marital issues ranging from cheating, fighting, passing of std to divorce her cousin.
Re: Can Divorcee's Children Be Potential Divorcee by LewsTherin: 2:26pm On Apr 25, 2015
Of course the children of divorcees are potential divorcees theselves. Although children of widows and widowers, children of single parents and even children of close loving still together parents are also potential divorcees. Every human that plans on getting married is a potential divorcee!! grin

The thing is, what are the values of the individual herself? Whoever our parents may be, we make our own choices.
Re: Can Divorcee's Children Be Potential Divorcee by Indifferent(m): 5:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
LewsTherin:
Of course the children of divorcees are potential divorcees theselves. Although children of widows and widowers, children of single parents and even children of close loving still together parents are also potential divorcees. Every human that plans on getting married is a potential divorcee!! grin

The thing is, what are the values of the individual herself? Whoever our parents may be, we make our own choices.
Word ! I feel you. My cousin kinda thinks its hereditary.
Re: Can Divorcee's Children Be Potential Divorcee by tpiadotcom: 5:58pm On Apr 28, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Archbishop Sam Amaga Scholarship For Orphans / [SEE Pic]>>what Will Ur Parents Say?? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.