Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Unethical Xter Of Police Officers In Nigeria - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Unethical Xter Of Police Officers In Nigeria (643 Views)

Okada Man Strips Unclad During Struggle With Man-o-war Officers In Lekki (pics) / Nigerian Woman Arrested In US For Striping Unclad In Front Of Police (Photos) / Smugglers Caught By Customs Officers In Oyo State Recently (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unethical Xter Of Police Officers In Nigeria by afolabiade(m): 3:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
One of the major reasons we have Police force in place is to curb Corruption. But the reverse is the case. I ply Atan/Agbara axis in Ogun State daily. The rate at which Police Officers in that area Extort transport drivers is at the high side.
Let me site this very funny scenario; I boarded a car from Lusada to Atan in Ogun State. The Taxi driver must pay N50 to the police at each stop. We came across 5 groups of police Officer which sum up to N250 out of N500 collected from all the passengers in the car. Cost of Petroleum and other expenses yet to be deducted. This happens everyday for each trip.
Our people are suffering from these heartless Officers. Anybody that knows anyone that can rescue these people from these Hardship should please come to their aids. Thank you.
Re: Unethical Xter Of Police Officers In Nigeria by hahn(m): 3:46pm On Apr 22, 2015
These are the kind of things we should be fighting against instead of wasting our energy on xenophobia
Re: Unethical Xter Of Police Officers In Nigeria by afolabiade(m): 3:50pm On Apr 22, 2015
hahn:
These are the kind of things we should be fighting against instead of wasting our energy on xenophobia

You are very correct. Drastic action should be taken against them.
Re: Unethical Xter Of Police Officers In Nigeria by afolabiade(m): 4:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
I know most of you have similar experience. Kindly share ur experience. Suggested solution and contribution to this menace will be appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Kidnap Update:dr Adegun Released...wife Still With The Criminals / Shocking Truth Of How 38 Illicit Gin Drinkers Died / Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours.... See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.