Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,014 members, 7,835,436 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Building A New Lagos - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Building A New Lagos (2571 Views)

Between Building A House And Buying A House Which Would You Go For?? / Building A 'howto' On Moving From Point A To B Via Keke And Buses In Lagos / Cost Of Building A Two Bedroom Bungalow In Magboro, Ogun State,nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building A New Lagos by luckiest: 11:28am On Feb 01, 2009
Dear Lagosian,

My name is Lucky and I invite you to join the campaign for he payment of taxes, I do not work for the government or have any direct or indirect link to the government, am only a dealer for HITV. From my own point of view I see the vision of this great man even if I never voted for him like some of you. N2,500 is a lot of money but if we break it down to N200 monthly. Although to be very sincere moving around Lagos and seeing what he has done and what he planning to do, then you will agree with me that the early we visit the tax office and paying ours the better for our children yet unborn. I am only in my early 30s and I pray that my children don't witness the kind of Lagos of my childhood. i was the first set of pure-water street traders, even though I wore soem smiles back then it wasn't funny. Let join hands to build a new lagos. It might be tough for some of us to get this fund in bulk but we can find out if we can actually pay this monthly. I live in Lawanson and when I saw the bridge currently being constructed across oshodi expressway by Cele-Busstop, I wonder how this governor manages to get the fund he uses, so when I saw the tax ad, I realise the need to support this government, because while he is doing all this, some governors are thinking of how to get their state fund diverted to a foreign account. Please bear with me because I know some people may not agree, but we have to think deep and support this campaign.

Lucky

1 Like

Re: Building A New Lagos by skipo87(m): 11:09pm On Feb 01, 2009
so whats basis of this?
Re: Building A New Lagos by luckiest: 2:55pm On Feb 02, 2009
Dear skipo87,

When I want to send this topic I asked myself that same question; but looking at it from the rough point I just wanted to start a campaign here on nairaland for us to support the government in our own little way me and anyone who find time to read this and see reason the way I see it.

Looking at what I wrote some could critizise me as a member of the system trying to show support, but in all honesty I feel the government needs us as much as we need them; we need more road network, good hospital and so many more utilities; I want us to put this government to a test by virture of the level of work done thus far.

I am a young man and like many other, we have dreams to become comfortable in life, some wish to leave the country for the greener pasture, but if we see what most of them pass through over there, you will agree with me that the time has come for us to build our own home.

We have to commit the government so that we can all think along; let use the power to internet communicate to create a kind of movement that will change the face of lagos forever; we can see our govnur is committed; a committed leader needs committed follower; if we can avoid things such keep our environment clean, and ensuring that our immediate visinity is kept clean then you will release one after the other we would have succeeded in placing ourselves in better position to succeed.
Re: Building A New Lagos by dynasty05: 12:28am On Jun 13, 2009
Hi Luckiest,

I totally agree with you. Even the blind could at lest feel what this man is doing.

The least we could do is give him our support. We would be the ones to gain in the end. It would really cost Fashola nothing to follow in the steps of his predecessors and even his colleagues. Afterall, its become a norm in politics, if you know what I mean. But his actions so far has expressed that this man has a pain for this state. He's really got the passion, not for personal glory, but because he has a vision, one that I know a lot of people share, but have lost hope in already. Fashola seems to be this ray of hope. For us to hold on to this, we need to support him - in our actions, prayers, words of encouragement in whatever form. No medium is too irrelevant.

God bless us all.

Eko o ni baje o!
Re: Building A New Lagos by skipo87(m): 11:25am On Jun 22, 2009
oh well then
Re: Building A New Lagos by skima(m): 8:12pm On Jul 28, 2009
Infact this site is loaded with pictures of the new Lagos.
http://greenlagos.com/index.php?task=photo&action=gallery
Re: Building A New Lagos by prashant2128: 7:17am On Dec 10, 2017
Nice Pictures

luckiest:
Dear Lagosian,

My name is Lucky and I invite you to join the campaign for he payment of taxes, I do not work for the government or have any direct or indirect link to the government, am only a dealer for HITV. From my own point of view I see the vision of this great man even if I never voted for him like some of you. N2,500 is a lot of money but if we break it down to N200 monthly. Although to be very sincere moving around Lagos and seeing what he has done and what he planning to do, then you will agree with me that the early we visit the tax office and paying ours the better for our children yet unborn. I am only in my early 30s and I pray that my children don't witness the kind of Lagos of my childhood. i was the first set of pure-water street traders, even though I wore soem smiles back then it wasn't funny. Let join hands to build a new lagos. It might be tough for some of us to get this fund in bulk but we can find out if we can actually pay this monthly. I live in Lawanson and when I saw the bridge currently being constructed across oshodi expressway by Cele-Busstop, I wonder how this governor manages to get the fund he uses, so when I saw the tax ad, I realise the need to support this government, because while he is doing all this, some governors are thinking of how to get their state fund diverted to a foreign account. Please bear with me because I know some people may not agree, but we have to think deep and support this campaign.

Lucky

(1) (Reply)

Mr Cork Identity / Protection For Your Child(pic) / Funny DPs About The Year 2015.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.