Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Husband Scarcity - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Scarcity (1833 Views)

Husband Scarcity / Husband Scarcity!!!!! / Husband Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Scarcity by Stephenjoachim(m): 6:49pm On Apr 22, 2015
"Husband Scarcity" has become one of the challenges faced by many young girls today. If you go to prayer houses, majority of the intentions are prayer for a life partner. And this calls for concern.
Casting our minds back to the time of our mothers and grandmothers, was there
really much of a "Husband Scarcity" problem? Or, maybe there were more men than women then, or there was an adequate corresponding numbers of both genders. I don't think so. Maybe then, the women had values and were prepared to build a
home and not park into a built home. Then, once a young man comes of age and can at least feed himself and his wife, he goes out in search of a wife and the woman really appreciates him and helps him to build a future.
What am I really trying to say? We created what we now see as "Husband Scarcity" for ourselves. Today, the reverse is the case. Ask an average girl to define her dream husband; you get things like "he has to be tall, handsome, fair, and rich, own a house at least, and be presentable" and then she adds "God fearing" in order not to sound so worldly. Then, check the number of girls around you and the number of men that meet that standard, and you will see the problem. You hear girls say, "I cannot suffer in my father's house and then go and start suffering with a man." What a wonderful dream! What if from the beginning, you have everything you want and there is no suffering, and later in the marriage, the table turns around, then comes suffering? Will you run away? No one prays for suffering, but it is good to start small and end big, than start big and end small. The problem is that the description majority of girls give of their ideal man is virtually the same. When 50 girls want the same kind of man and the man that fits what they want is just 1 man, and the man can only pick one. Then, what becomes of 49 others? They simply start lamenting of "Husband Scarcity". Another irony of our time is that it is hard, due to the face of our economy to find a man who is of marriage age who possesses all
those things these ladies want, legally (except those involved in Internet fraud); even the number of those in Internet fraud is not enough to match all those searching for already made husbands.
If you look around, majority of the ladies of substance, of good value and virtue, who are ready to build a home with a man who has prospects, are married and not complaining of husband scarcity. The easiest way to find a husband now, is to change your view of who a husband is. A husband is that man God made and then saw that it may be hard for him to really actualize his purpose for making him, without a help mate and then made the woman and gave to him, and he felt complete and fulfilled.
MARRIAGE IS NOT A POVERTY ALLEVIATION PROGRAM.
It is a mission of building the family of God here on earth. For those who see marriage as a way out of poverty, it is a way into bondage. Women are HOME BUILDERS, not HOME WARMERS... DON'T CONFUSE A MAN'S PATH WITH HIS DESTINY. Where he is today, may only be a route to where God has destined him to be tomorrow. Another truth is that YOU MAY BE THE ONLY FAST MEANS TO THAT HIS DESTINATION. Join in alleviating "husband scarcity".
PICK UP THE RIGHT VALUES.
I am not saying that you should pick anyone that comes your way and talks of marriage, not all men are husband materials. What I am saying is that you should stop setting your standard on material acquisitions or
physical appearances. Look beyond the physical.
WHAT MAKES A MAN WHO HE IS, IS NOT WHAT HE OWNS OR HOW HE LOOKS, IT IS WHAT HE IS MADE UP OF.
And that which he is made of is, most times, not seen with the physical eyes, only its
effects can be seen.
Marriage is a permanent thing. Whatever is seen is temporal and that which is not seen is permanent. Relax and go to God in prayer. God did not just make Eve for making sake; He made her for Adam's need to be met. May God help us all. Amen

5 Likes

Re: Husband Scarcity by Babprosper20(m): 6:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
kkk
Re: Husband Scarcity by CountDracula(m): 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2015
Girls wil jus tell u "I'm nt a civil engineer, I can't b buildin anythng, let me jus find my mr. Perfect and sidown for him neck jare"

1 Like

Re: Husband Scarcity by Ewuro4: 7:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
Made Man Vs Man with Potential

Trading body features for wealth ( how ridiculous)

We are raising another breed now and Hopefully, All these long throat mentality will be scraped off in ten years... Then the strong willed, independent and smart new generation will emerge.

Hopefully

2 Likes

Re: Husband Scarcity by alexx187(m): 7:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
how many people u don suck dia blood today,blood thirsty hound,countdracula....hahahahaa. grin grin
Re: Husband Scarcity by alexx187(m): 7:21pm On Apr 22, 2015
CountDracula:
Girls wil jus tell u "I'm nt a civil engineer, I can't b buildin anythng, let me jus find my mr. Perfect and sidown for him neck jare"
how many people u don suck dia blood today,blood thirsty hound,countdracula....hahahahaa. grin

1 Like

Re: Husband Scarcity by mutter(f): 7:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
Husbands have always been scarce.
The girls first look for MR. Rich right.
Then after a couple of years Mr potential manageable
And finally Mr. any one can serve.

Advice to girls - make sure you jump on the wagon on time!

1 Like

Re: Husband Scarcity by parismarc: 7:50pm On Apr 22, 2015
Husbands are not scarce, most men are in Prison or are just GAY cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband Scarcity by jnrbayano(m): 7:50pm On Apr 22, 2015
The sight of a young man who is good-looking, tall and nicely built....who drives a nice car and has a decent apartment will forever attract an average nigerian lady even if you preach from now till eternity.

However, it's not all their fault. Their parents mount pressure on them most of the time to settle for the men who are wealthy.

5 Likes

Re: Husband Scarcity by bennyrazz: 10:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
@op, you know what made me laugh at your write up? "Marriage is not poverty alleviation program" cheesy grin. That particular phrase is for lazy or women intending to be lazy. Today, it is very wise for both husband & wife to work. And lastly, I want to correct this impression that men are scarce. Men are not scarce at all. Rather good women/virtuous women are scarce, in fact they are at the brink of extinction.

4 Likes

Re: Husband Scarcity by CountDracula(m): 10:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
alexx187:
how many people u don suck dia blood today,blood thirsty hound,countdracula....hahahahaa. grin
LoL. I'm nt a hound, if u dnt want to join d list of todays blood source respect me
Re: Husband Scarcity by KanwuliaJara: 10:17am On Apr 23, 2015
Time for POLYGAMY or SERIAL MONOGAMY! grin

1 Like

Re: Husband Scarcity by ifyalways(f): 10:52am On Apr 23, 2015
parismarc:
Husbands are not scarce, most men are in Prison or are just GAY cry
Lmao cheesy

1 Like

Re: Husband Scarcity by bukatyne(f): 11:03am On Apr 23, 2015
Is husband scarcity now trending on NL?

What else is the young man prepared to bring to the table apart from money?

Do you also know that some men want to marry when they have made it So that their wives would 'enjoy' and not work?

Some ladies see marriage as an end of all their problems at least financial;

Plenty plenty things o jare

Besides people still get married every Thursdays & Saturdays

And I do not think they all married rich men.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Scarcity by Rich4god(m): 12:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
Husbands are not scarce.... But so many factors are making men deter or delay marriage...
Re: Husband Scarcity by plaetton: 1:54pm On Apr 23, 2015
Even though I agree with all points highlighted by the op, I still refuse to accept that there is something amiss in the Nigerian society because of the attitudes of women.

Nigerian men of today are far worse in bad traits and attitudes than the women.
The corruption of our society's moral landscape affects both genders, and in fact, started with the inordinate ambition, dangerously inflated egos and sense of self-worth, etc. Of the average Nigerian man.

Whatever you think is wrong with the female gender of this era, you can always be sure that it is the men that set the agenda.

C'mon, our society is not fair to women, and we all know it. In Nigeria, a typical man will demand sex for just about anything he has to , or even obliged to do for a woman.

I do not think there is a single Nigerian woman who has not been sexually harrased in one way another everyday.
A woman is under constant and persistent pressure to give up her intimate fidelity to get even the basics the society rightly owes her.

So, eventually, from a young age, women begin to adapt themselves for survival in a very cruel, very unfair society.

Nigerian women are today what the society has made them.
Nigerian men are far worse.

The entire system is sick.

We need a complete overhaul of our value systems.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 23, 2015
Husbands ain't scare, just that we have more boys than men these days...

At 35, some men will tell you they still want to enjoy singlehood before getting married. Enjoyment to them is smoking, drinking, carrying different girls, staying out late, etc.... Tell me why husbands won't be scare undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Scarcity by Veiled010(f): 5:36pm On Apr 23, 2015
There is no such thing as husband scarcity jere! Young ladies need to learn to put their act together,become what they want in a guy,have a life and stop being too desperate...b4 long,they'll have loads of options to choose from.
Re: Husband Scarcity by kliq(m): 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2015
mutter:
Husbands have always been scarce.
The girls first look for MR. Rich right.
Then after a couple of years Mr potential manageable
And finally Mr. any one can serve.

Advice to girls - make sure you jump on the wagon on time!

cheesy

You've got a point plus a couple of them with their Lil Big ego....pretty sad embarassed
Re: Husband Scarcity by Stillfire: 10:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
Ewuro4:
Made Man Vs Man with Potential
Trading body features for wealth ( how ridiculous)
We are raising another breed now and Hopefully, All these long throat mentality will be scraped off in ten years... Then the strong willed, independent and smart new generation will emerge.
Hopefully

Lollll! grin
It is poverty that caused it. grin

1 Like

Re: Husband Scarcity by Stillfire: 10:37pm On Apr 23, 2015
Or, maybe there were more men than women then, or there was an adequate corresponding numbers of both genders. I don't think so. Maybe then, the women had values and were prepared to build a
home and not park into a built home.

Lol, why are Nigerian men more concerned about unmarried girls? Why? cheesy
Nigerian men outnumber Nigerian women by 2 million or more.
If there are many unmarried girls, there will be many more unmarried men in Nigeria. This is pure statistics.
Most Nigerian men are not eligible for marriage economic-wise. This is a no-brainer.
When men are at a good economic standing, they will marry.
Before a man today can reach good economic standing today in Nigeria, he would probably be 35 going to 40. Ask my Igbo brothers. grin

1 Like

Re: Husband Scarcity by Dbestmax(m): 11:14pm On Apr 23, 2015
I once asked a girl why she refused to marry a man DAT has seen her tru skul for 2 good years and really loved her for marriage... she opened her shiiity bucal cavity and told me dat he can't give her.. her dream wedding... wats d dream wedding... Bella Naija.....Girls!!!... crazy till d sound of d trumpet

1 Like

Re: Husband Scarcity by Ewuro4: 12:55am On Apr 24, 2015
Stillfire:

Lollll! grin
It is poverty that caused it. grin

It's terrible.
Re: Husband Scarcity by Ewuro4: 1:13am On Apr 24, 2015
Dbestmax:
I once asked a girl why she refused to marry a man DAT has seen her tru skul for 2 good years and really loved her for marriage... she opened her shiiity bucal cavity and told me dat he can't give her.. her dream wedding... wats d dream wedding... Bella Naija.....Girls!!!... crazy till d sound of d trumpet

Lord have mercy.

1 Like

Re: Husband Scarcity by 2sex(m): 8:44am On Apr 24, 2015
Dbestmax:
That is where many of them are missing it. I know a very close girl with breath taking beauty at a young age. She misused it and even her friend who isn't as beautiful as her is currently married. So, you see?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways You Remind Him You Are The Best Choice He Ever Made / URGENT: Father Forces Mother To Take In Mistress And Off-spring / Bonaza!!! Iroko Subscriptions @1k Only For 12month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.