Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy (2231 Views)

Biafra: MASSOB Shuts Down Camps In Igboland Till Further Notice / Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / TAN Shuts Down Lagos For Jonathan (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by sambiyi(m): 8:14pm On Apr 22, 2015
Following anti-Xenophobia protests in Lagos and Abuja, the South African consulate in Lagos has shut down its embassy today. The consulate was shut after dozens of Nigerians carried placards on Tuesday and protested to the South African embassy in Abuja and also to MTN head office saying the attacks on black immigrants in South Africa must stop.

The protesters, led by members of the National Association of Nigerian Students, NANS, demanded an immediate end to the attacks and killings. They also threatened to attack South African nationals and businesses in Nigeria, if the attacks did not stop within 72 hours. This we learnt is one of the major reasons the embassy was shut down today

Source: http://www.36trends.com/xenophobia-south-africa-shuts-down-lagos-embassy/
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by temitemi1(m): 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
Mtn n shoprite should follow or else...

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by Horus(m): 8:18pm On Apr 22, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1h5rABvysQ

[size=15pt]Nigerians Protest against Xenophobic attack in South Africa[/size]
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
other south african companies should follow... till they stop killing black foreigners in south africa.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by jaysniggs: 8:21pm On Apr 22, 2015
This isn't good for those whose visas are currenly being processed.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by EverestdeBliu(m): 8:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
teeowl:
other south african companies should follow... till they stop killing black foreigners in south africa.
And is the FG ready to make for the over 10,000 job lose,that might come from the evacuation of mtn,dstv,shoprite n other SA owned companies?,or will they just sit n watch as d labour market swell?
The fact is that we are reluctant to take actions,for the loop-hole their exit might cause,may get too deep for us to fill within the shortest time; let's say,we are not ready yet.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 22, 2015
OP; So Lagos now has an Embassy?
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by EverestdeBliu(m): 8:32pm On Apr 22, 2015
Zoharariel:
OP; So Lagos now has an Embassy?
yea,there's a consulate in lagos and d main embassy is in Abj
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 22, 2015
I won't recharge my GOTV. Multichoice must dash us free months grin
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by saxwizard(m): 8:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
nawa ooo
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by MzJackBaueress(f): 8:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
When will the looting of Shoprite start? I can't wait o!

grin grin
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by EverestdeBliu(m): 8:42pm On Apr 22, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

grin grin
we are too dignified to loot,guess u'll wait forever...u can go to SA if u so want to loot shops.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by SuperSuave(m): 8:43pm On Apr 22, 2015
I want us to visit shoprite too
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 22, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
yea,there's a consulate in lagos and d main embassy is in Abj

Now, read my post slowly, maybe you can get it this time; The Topic says "South Africa shuts Down Lagos Embassy" instead of "Lagos Shuts Down South African Embassy"

Y tha fvck is the OP in such a haste to opening a thread?
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by MzJackBaueress(f): 8:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
we are too dignified to loot,guess u'll wait forever...u can go to SA if u so want to loot shops.
Oh please! I was only kidding. Stop taking things too serious.

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by Ozigbondu(m): 8:52pm On Apr 22, 2015
cheesy
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by smartigo: 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
it is only foolish people that act without thinking of the consequences. As much I am not in support of the xenophobia attacks in SA, it is suicidal to go for reprisal on their companies here in Nigeria as many people will lose their jobs.

Let me ask a question. How many SA citizens do we have in Nigeria that are jobless or roaming the street? What is the ratio of Nigerians travelling there to their citizens coming here? How many Nigerian multi national companies operate in South Africa?

It is sad that the poor receive the worst or ills of any society before the rich. The truth is, we must deal with our problems before showing other people the light. We must be economical buoyant before playing tit-for-tat in any confrontation with any country in the league of SA.
Nigerians, stop this foolishness jare! Do u think they really care? The best way to fight is to develop our economy and military might; be enviable enough to attract people becos of the opportunity we offer.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by jamex93(m): 8:58pm On Apr 22, 2015
yes o

make dem close down

we no need animals for here
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by zigger(m): 9:12pm On Apr 22, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
We all know dat we'll loot more than any oda pple
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by zigger(m): 9:14pm On Apr 22, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

grin grin
Me too! I'll even transport mysef to d'nearest shoprite
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by eaglechild: 10:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Many people have gotten into trouble lately for "kidding" on social media.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by eaglechild: 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
EverestdeBliu:

And is the FG ready to make for the over 10,000 job lose,that might come from the evacuation of mtn,dstv,shoprite n other SA owned companies?,or will they just sit n watch as d labour market swell?
The fact is that we are reluctant to take actions,for the loop-hole their exit might cause,may get too deep for us to fill within the shortest time; let's say,we are not ready yet.
Very true.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by tpiadotcom: 10:14pm On Apr 22, 2015
Probably opened in 99 I'm sure.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by tpiadotcom: 10:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by 0ldirtybastard(m): 10:53pm On Apr 22, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

Always kidding. As big as you are.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by MzJackBaueress(f): 11:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
0ldirtybastard:

Always kidding. As big as you are.
shut up
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by RichDad1(m): 11:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
The earlier they get the fuçk outa our country the better. Let them go back home and calm their lunatic brethren.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by Brown1759: 11:46pm On Apr 22, 2015
God help us
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by Happywoman(f): 11:52pm On Apr 22, 2015
It's about time
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Shuts Down Lagos Embassy by Beamborla(f): 12:07am On Apr 23, 2015
If SA companies in Nig should close down today, no doubt it would affect people but Nigerians adapt a lot.

My only fear is the fact that other foreign investors might not find Nigeria attractive anymore.

The earlier we forget about these companies shutting down the better for all of us because our so called leaders are stakeholders with large shares in these companies. Ever wondered why nothing has been about DSTV till today?

Let's think of other ways. Let's start by using our votes without sentiment. When we put the right people there, the country would developed and we wouldn't be treated like third class citizens anymore.

Even in our own country, the foreigners come first before us. Why wouldn't other countries despise us?
Our government give more priority to foreigners and we the masses would become so so enthusiastic at the sight/mention of a foreigner.(seen a lot of that here on NL)

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Multiple Blasts Rock Maiduguri / BREAKING!!! Buhari Declares War On Niger Delta Militants; Deploys Troops To The / Saraki And Abba Kyari Join Forces To Destroy Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.