Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,243 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Cld Dis B True? Lost An Oil /gas Job Cos Of Medical Test Results? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Cld Dis B True? Lost An Oil /gas Job Cos Of Medical Test Results? (760 Views)

Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test / Pre Employment Medical Test / Job Scam:the Vio-dvla Medical Test Payment Is A Hoax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cld Dis B True? Lost An Oil /gas Job Cos Of Medical Test Results? by gberedu: 12:30pm On Feb 01, 2009
Hello everyone.
A friend told me that he lost a new “job” with a multi national oil company last year while rounding up on his masters in the UK becos his medicals revealed he had slight High blood pressure and he is slightly overweight.
Well, I told him that was impossible that maybe there was a terminal (or HIV like) situation with him. I told him of sickle cellers who have jobs with same coy. We argued and he sent me copies of his medical results and all email correspondence with the oil coy. Everything He told me checked out as the company’s chief Medical Officer (CMO) stepped him down due to borderline High BP and borderline High cholesterol.
I blive d average Nigerian worker wld have these or similar issues
He said he did a retest with NHS and sent the results to HR but they refused to act on it even though his BP had normalized and his cholesterol was not yet within acceptable range but was going lower.
Well if this is true, is it a new trend? (av neva heard of smthing like this b4)
Or is it naija factor? (but the CMO is a foreigner)
I can b very opinionated and I have really upset my friend but really I am still wondering if all these could true.
Thanks for ur thots
Re: Cld Dis B True? Lost An Oil /gas Job Cos Of Medical Test Results? by aforbaje(m): 6:44pm On Feb 02, 2009
Re: Cld Dis B True? Lost An Oil /gas Job Cos Of Medical Test Results? by gberedu: 10:13pm On Feb 04, 2009
i was hoping for more response well many thanks to aforbaje

(1) (Reply)

Vacancies For Experienced People In Multinational Energy Company / Live And Work In Cairo Egypt / Pdms Running On Vista And Windows 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.