Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

What I Found About Nnena Omali, The Girl From Mode 9's Cry - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What I Found About Nnena Omali, The Girl From Mode 9's Cry (3683 Views)

Rossy Utojiuba, Most Beautiful Girl From Anambra State (Photos) / Girl From Ogun Wins A Date With Iyanya (photo) / Mikel Obi Denies June Wedding To Nnena Nwosu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Found About Nnena Omali, The Girl From Mode 9's Cry by eccentric(m): 12:41am On Apr 23, 2015
Do you remember the Nnena who was featured in Mode 9's video Cry like some years bk. Ever wondered where she has been all this while. And so I tracked down my celeb crush and they tell me she's married now. sad I wanted to do many things with that girl, but that's another story. She's married now with two kids. She even did this track with 9ice. Great stuff. Too bad I only get to her her stuff online . Finally found her on face book, twitter. This is her most recent photo. It was from this interview of hers with the Tribune that I found that she is no longer available for me to date. Oh my dreams....

Nnenna Ezeakunne O’Dele, known as Nnena Omali, is a fast rising artiste. The Anambra State-born is a graduate of Estate Management from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. In this interview with SEYI SOKOYA, the mother of twins speaks on her rising career and her take on an ideal woman. Excerpts:

When did you discover your love for music?
I was 10 years old when I wrote my first song. I had two friends who wrote songs too. Bonded by our love for music, we dreamt of taking our talents to the stage. So we formed this trio group called The Glory Singers. We performed at school gatherings and children’s parties, singing our own compositions. For our age, we were quite good vocally. We knew our altos and sopranos and we often talked about becoming ‘big performers’ someday. But then, it was just another one of those childish fantasies. I didn’t even take it seriously until years down the line that I realised that music was my calling.

What kind of music do you do?
Afro fusion, jazz and acoustic soul.

What are the challenges?
Tough I must say. Getting your music out there is a big thing, irrespective of what you think you may have in terms of quality, especially as an independent act. A particular on-air-personality told me a few years back that “it’s a dog-eat-dog world out there”. This “hype market” is where the highest bidder gets the prize.

You are a graduate. Did you take to music because of unemployment?
I turned down job offers in the past, simply because they did not afford me the space to practise my craft. I have made long-term sacrifices for music, so it’s a capital No. This is a thing of passion to me. I love doing music. The earnings are just icing on the cake. It does not matter how much more I can make in the job market. Fact is, no white-collar job can give me the satisfaction I get from being a performer.

How have you been able to combine the home front with music?
We women are known for our unique multi-tasking abilities, but it is not as easy as it looks. With the help and support of my husband and relations, I have been able to juggle with some ease.

Did your husband at any point raise an eyebrow?
My hubby loves my career even more than I do. I don’t think such a day will come that he will want me to quit. To tell you the truth, I made absolutely sure that I married a man who is interested in entertainment as I am. As for my family, it’s amazing really. My family has been endorsing my career choice right from when I recorded my first single. I was 19 or so when I entered the studio for the first time and my mother paid for all the sessions.

How do you plan to make your breakthrough into the entertainment industry?
Well, with hard work and a truly unique approach to this creative art; concerted efforts on promotion, and with a bit of luck. Or should I say divine favour?

What is your assessment of the entertainment industry?

There has been some considerable growth, no doubt. But there is still a lot to be done. We have talents and visuals that are world-class. There is the need for the system to be well ordered and organised. Issues such as copyright management, piracy, distribution and corruption are impediments. Asides all these challenges, there is yet another grand problem which is content and artistic quality. True musicianship is dying. My fear is that many don’t know, or care to know, or appreciate the roots of music, I mean real music. It’s nice to have this revolution, as it were, but care needs to be taken. If every song is tending towards free-styling composition and every song sounds the same, then there’s something wrong somewhere. I am optimistic, however, that with time, it will regularise itself and every class of music will have its place.

Do you still have male admirers despite being a mother of two?

It is a funny that being a married mother of two does not deter men from making passes at you. It is indeed troubling. But when you cannot stop your male fans from falling in love with you, and fantasizing their lives away over you, you might as well handle them with diplomacy. Of course where civility fails, being aggressively firm usually gets the message across.

What is your definition of an ideal woman?
There is no ideal woman. She doesn’t exist. But we can only try to be the best we can and be ‘ideal’ in God’s eye. However, there are qualities every woman should have in order to stand tall in feminine grace. Qualities that will make her irresistible and able to chart her course in life. These qualities are: intelligence, boldness, godliness, humility, hard work, ambition, self discipline, poise, charm, strength of character, and of course, catering excellence. A woman should also know how to take good care of her mind and body. A woman should have a thirst for the knowledge of God.

Kulie Dide by Nnena Omali ft 9ice : [url]http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/12/26/bn-music-premiere-nnena-omali-feat-9ice-kulie-dide/
[/url]

Interview source: [url]http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/heartcopy/item/304-i%E2%80%99m-a-married-mother-of-twins-yet-men-won%E2%80%99t-let-me-be-%E2%80%94nnena.html[/url]

Re: What I Found About Nnena Omali, The Girl From Mode 9's Cry by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 23, 2015
Why she con look like say she wan slap me? undecided

1 Like

Re: What I Found About Nnena Omali, The Girl From Mode 9's Cry by Nobody: 12:48am On Apr 23, 2015
Yawns......
Re: What I Found About Nnena Omali, The Girl From Mode 9's Cry by eccentric(m): 1:00am On Apr 23, 2015
I need a female shoulder to cry on! cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Found About Nnena Omali, The Girl From Mode 9's Cry by letsbet(m): 1:11am On Apr 23, 2015
She get fyn voice+she's beauriful
Re: What I Found About Nnena Omali, The Girl From Mode 9's Cry by Jerryspryng: 1:21am On Apr 23, 2015
Her voice on dat song (cry) fits tonight's weather

I'm nt sure abt her face
Re: What I Found About Nnena Omali, The Girl From Mode 9's Cry by jaelz(m): 5:52am On Apr 23, 2015
eccentric:
I need a female shoulder to cry on! cry

abeg u fit help me find may, funke akindele friend for i need to know
Re: What I Found About Nnena Omali, The Girl From Mode 9's Cry by hatux: 6:47am On Apr 23, 2015
This woman dey para o, see her strong face...
Re: What I Found About Nnena Omali, The Girl From Mode 9's Cry by benuejosh: 6:57am On Apr 23, 2015
Is that so?
Re: What I Found About Nnena Omali, The Girl From Mode 9's Cry by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 23, 2015
goofyone:
Why she con look like say she wan slap me? undecided
grin
Re: What I Found About Nnena Omali, The Girl From Mode 9's Cry by khassy(m): 8:40am On Apr 23, 2015
no curves

came to see curves and you showing me this angryangry
Re: What I Found About Nnena Omali, The Girl From Mode 9's Cry by pryd(m): 9:04am On Apr 23, 2015
Her delivery on "cry" was superb.
Re: What I Found About Nnena Omali, The Girl From Mode 9's Cry by shanira(f): 6:36pm On May 15, 2015
Her song "falling roses" is being used as soundtrack for "Dowry" series in Ebony Life TV. Don't know why she never blow sha. Truly a magical musician. kiss
Re: What I Found About Nnena Omali, The Girl From Mode 9's Cry by okwabayi(m): 8:59pm On Nov 01, 2018
I don’t remember her. OP should have posted a picture of her from back in the day for comparison.
She is still young hence why men keep toasting her. Then again I don’t believe women and their many lies.
Re: What I Found About Nnena Omali, The Girl From Mode 9's Cry by sleepyeyez(m): 2:08pm On Mar 30, 2019
I no dis is old but........The nnenna on 9ices song is different. Gets ur facts right
Re: What I Found About Nnena Omali, The Girl From Mode 9's Cry by finallybusy: 6:48pm On Apr 03, 2023
Funny how this average-looking woman was some men’s crush. SMH. This gender won’t disgrace me.

(1) (Reply)

8 Nigerian Celebrities With More Than One Baby-mama! / Davido Swag Up With Gucci Worth Millions As He Have Fun With Friends In South Af / Linda Ikeji's Fans Turns Against Her after she made a post about Bobrisky(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.