Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Israel Promises "disproportionate Response" To Gaza Rockets - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Promises "disproportionate Response" To Gaza Rockets (687 Views)

BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy / North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA / Rockets Fired From Gaza In To Israel As Obama Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Promises "disproportionate Response" To Gaza Rockets by dayokanu(m): 2:27pm On Feb 01, 2009
Ehud Olmert, Israel's prime minister, has vowed his country will deliver a "severe and disproportionate response" after Palestinian fighters fired rockets into southern Israel.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/02/2009219533438613.html
Re: Israel Promises "disproportionate Response" To Gaza Rockets by Abiodun92(m): 2:34pm On Feb 01, 2009
Well I'd be pissed of too if someone fires rockets in to my territory.

I think they have the right to defend themselves from the rocket attacks by Hamas.
Re: Israel Promises "disproportionate Response" To Gaza Rockets by muhsin(m): 2:58pm On Feb 01, 2009
Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi raaji'uun![size=15pt][/size]
shocked
Re: Israel Promises "disproportionate Response" To Gaza Rockets by Ellyptical: 7:25pm On Feb 01, 2009
muhsin:

shocked
Why the incantation?
Israel has the right to defend its citizens.
If Israel was as rash and violent as these Arabs/Muslims, with their military might would your Muslim brothers be existing today?
Food for taught.
Re: Israel Promises "disproportionate Response" To Gaza Rockets by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 01, 2009
If Israel only tried 40% as much as HAMAS wishes to wipe it out, "palestinians" would long have ceased to exist.
Re: Israel Promises "disproportionate Response" To Gaza Rockets by otele(m): 11:58pm On Feb 01, 2009
muhsin:

shocked

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . i hope u are happy now? b/c israel will soon act.

and i will dance cheesy
Re: Israel Promises "disproportionate Response" To Gaza Rockets by Bastage: 12:55am On Feb 02, 2009
Israel's response will probably not be as "severe and disproportionate" as many would believe.
First: They have an election in 9 day's time. The governing party got their votes with the action against Gaza a couple of weeks ago. Hitting hard now isn't really going to gain them anything more.
Second: They're probably still sounding out Obama and will want to know how far they can go.

The real question at the moment is "How far is Hamas prepared to push it?". Hamas are pretty much in the same boat at the moment and also watching the new American administration. Push it too far and they risk alienating themselves even more. Push it not enough and they lose their reputation as "freedom fighters".
Re: Israel Promises "disproportionate Response" To Gaza Rockets by muhsin(m): 7:46pm On Feb 02, 2009
Ellyptical:

Why the incantation?
Israel has the right to defend its citizens.
If Israel was as rash and violent as these Arabs/Muslims, with their military might would your Muslim brothers be existing today?
Food for taught.

Was what I said really an incantation? I really doubt. Go find it yourself, dude.

otele:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . i hope u are happy now? b/c israel will soon act.

and i will dance cheesy

cool
Re: Israel Promises "disproportionate Response" To Gaza Rockets by bindex(m): 9:21pm On Feb 02, 2009
muhsin:

shocked

What is this? Innalillahi grin grin grin these slaves of Allah don't really know what is happening. Instead of accepting that the Islamic doctrine is what is responsible for the actions of hamas this deluded slave of Allah is here spewing Arabic lines that make absolute no sense.
Re: Israel Promises "disproportionate Response" To Gaza Rockets by auwal87(m): 9:38pm On Feb 02, 2009
bindex:

What is this? Innalillahi grin grin grin these slaves of Allah don't really know what is happening. Instead of accepting that the Islamic doctrine is what is responsible for the actions of hamas this deluded slave of Allah is here spewing Arabic lines that make absolute no sense.

It makes sense to us "Muslims", it means "Truly we belong to Allah, and truly to Him shall we return"

(1) (Reply)

Osama Bin Laden Attacks 'crooked' Arab Leaders / Do The Test And See Which Kind Of Leader You'd Be / Why Is Politics Feisty:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.