Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope (28107 Views)

Afenifere, Okogie, Babatope, Others Reply Oyegun: "Buhari Will Lose 2019 If... / Patience Jonathan Won’t Go Scot-free – EFCC / Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by Charly68: 1:36pm On Apr 23, 2015
Never mind the PDP leaders they are sychphants why did you not advised GEJ not to force himself on the party during the primary..I think that was the beginning of the problem. You always believe in rigging and thank God for Jega's PVC machine. All those who insisted on the right path were chased away with veto power. Now all of you will go on compulsory fasting till 2019..Jonathan should not waste his money on election in the party again. PDP that was thouted to rule for 60years has collapsed finally after 16 years . In any case GEJ ran the party a grand

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
HzRF:

Rubbish PDP will field Hausa in 2019 weda GEJ win or loose
So stop forming I make sense
Confused individual!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by ekika(m): 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
“Apart from the grand conspiracy against our party by the powers that be in the elections, we are going to tackle the problem of imposition, which was a great area of mistake on our side. Crises were recorded across the states over imposition. We are going to guard against this. The APC will, naturally, make its own mistakes and we will capitalise on these.
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:40pm On Apr 23, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Your every comment must contain 'ndigbos' in it. One musician once say that " if nobody talk abt you then u are a nobody". I understand your sufferings
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by slq(m): 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2015
MichaelSokoto:
A member, Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Ebenezer Babatope, has said that President Goodluck Jonathan will not run for the presidency in 2019.

He explained that the party would shop for a strong Hausa/Fulani candidate to run against the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, in 2019.

Babatope, who is also a member of the party’s elders’ caucus, spoke with our correspondent on Victoria Island, on Wednesday.

He described the outgoing President as a leader, who had done his best in uplifting the nation’s democracy, adding that Nigeria would forever remember Jonathan as a committed leader who kept the nation as one despite several challenges.

He said he was sure that the President would not seek to contest the 2019 presidential election although “the people of the South-South have the right to present a candidate for the election, I’m sure the President will not contest; He will lead us to against the All Progressives Congress.”

He said, “The President has set himself apart as a great Nigerian leader, who is committed to seeing Nigeria blossom into a great democracy. He has laid a solid foundation for the nation’s democracy and he would forever be remembered.”

“The President will not contest the 2019 presidential election. The PDP will look for a strong Hausa/Fulani presidential candidate to contest against Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

“We have a strong presence in the South-South, South-East and we have two governors in the South-West. We are going to slug it out together in the North in 2019. We are going to flush out the APC in 2019 because we are going to correct our mistakes and take back the central government.”

The former Minister of Transport said PDP’s National Executive Council, the BoT and Elders’ Caucus would meet soon in Abuja to assess the outcome of the general elections.

He said, “We are going to restructure our party. The National Chairman of the party, Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu, will convene a meeting in two weeks’ time when we will objectively discuss the last elections.

“Apart from the grand conspiracy against our party by the powers that be in the elections, we are going to tackle the problem of imposition, which was a great area of mistake on our side. Crises were recorded across the states over imposition. We are going to guard against this. The APC will, naturally, make its own mistakes and we will capitalise on these.

“It is given in politics that mistakes would occur among the ruling party. We will all see when this begins to happen. We are watching and waiting.”

www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-wont-contest-in-2019-babatope-2/

Seun, Lalasticlala cool

PDP got it wrong whenn the abolished zoning in favour of Jonathan...in a multi-ethnic,multi-tribal country like ours zoning maintains balance..seriously there is nothing like the right person...if u want peace pre and post-election..zoning is key..thank God he mention imposition..cos the power of incumbency ruined PDP..APC should learn from that.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2015
adconline:

Would APC have made an Igbo president in the 8yrs if it had gotten massive Igbo vote? NOPE. Cos Buhari will be there for at least 4 years, they Osibanjo might take over and stay for 8 years. So Igbos were promised presidency when they voted OBJ and Yar'dua?
Look at it like dis.
Assuming GEJ won anoda 4 yrs, he handsover to Sambo for 8yrs, after Sambo it must be a yoruba man 4 anoda 8yrs, yoruba man hand over to middle belt or hausa again, how many years don go be dat?
Ehn?
Igbo presidency would have only be possible 30-40 yrs from now, abi grin

But wit APC now, Igbos might get it in 2023 but..
Unaaaaa fuuuuckoyoooooo grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by babamajor: 2:02pm On Apr 23, 2015
All d igbos dat are. Cryin in Lagos Wil not notin now nd d party dey are diein for do not even has any agenda for dem. I dout if we can eva hav an ibo man as a president in my generation.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by milkymesh: 2:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
GMB popularity is bound to wane as his time goes on. Expectations are too high. Some Nigerians are bound to be dissapointed as a result of unrealistic expectations. Naturally, like every leader, he will make mistake. The opposition will capitalize on some of these reason to sway some of his present supporters to their side. Its a difficult task, but its good for our democracy.

MzJackBaueress:
Is there any hausa/fulani politician who is stronger than General Muhammadu Buhari in terms of popularity and intergrity? I don't think so!

PDP will fail in 2019.

I rather prefer APGA to be the major opposition party than PDP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by kelvyn7: 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
Intendy:

If Jonathan should agree to contest even if GMB fail woefully then I'll totally agree that oxford dictionary should include jonathan as the synonym of cluelessness

Hahahahaha grin
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by kelvyn7: 2:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by HzRF(m): 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

Confused individual!
I can see
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by HzRF(m): 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2015
annibro:

B4 ba? Not anymore. Obj is now dinning wit d piple dat matter; Asiwaju, GMB et al
Let see Hw long it will last
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by HzRF(m): 2:49pm On Apr 23, 2015
obailala:

Then if things change and PDP wins, it would be a confirmation that the SE is just confused. The SE hates Buhari purely because he is a northerner trying to grab power, but the same SE will now align and vote another northerner just to punish Buhari?.... What an anomaly!

Excessive sentiments lead to irrational thinking and actions.
See rubbish and trash they should have voted against their own while d northern are voting en mass for theirs right?

Just to show u they are not irrational?
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by Raiders: 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
emmasege:
The plan to get a hausa-fulani by PDP to succeed buhari in 2019 is dead on arrival. Babatope, let me lend you my wisdom. Get a northerner of middle-belt (i.e. north central) or north east extraction , preferably from Benue, Plateau, Nasarawa, Taraba or even Adamawa. That is the best way to split the bloc votes of the north; you can be sure that s/south and s/east will most likely vote for the PDP particularly if the candidate is from Plateau or Benue. And I don't see the Yorubas romancing with Buhari's APC for long, the moment he starts acting Arewa's agenda and takes Tinubu and OBJ's hands off the plate, and renders their errand boy (Osinbajo) jobless in Aso rock.
Only David Mark is a heavy weight in the middle belt. The middle belt don't have too many politicians with national appeal. I don't think most Nigerians will want to vote for David Mark
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by Xfemt(m): 3:55pm On Apr 23, 2015
Jorussia:
2019 wen 2015 Nv even finish. PDP may cease to exist before 2019.

says who

u be God?
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by Joeoku78: 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2015
There is no way PDP will ever win presidential election in nigeria again. A party of impunity insecurity thuggrey and looting cannot be allowed to rule nigeria again. Even if PDP nominates a bishop or iman as presidential candidate of the party he will be changed by the party to loot and corrupt others.
We nigerians have learnt our lessons not to vote for PDP again
PDP is dead waiting for ceremonial burial come 29th may 2015
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by CriticalThought: 4:23pm On Apr 23, 2015
EggovinMma:
undecided undecided

Na birthright?
What happened to bringing in other ethnic minorities? Especially those that are yet to enjoy presidency?

What do you mean by enjoy presidency, this is not a game, our futures are at stake, let us all work to get the best person to do the job
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by CriticalThought: 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2015
APC may hold the presidency till 2031

GMB/Osinbajo - 8years
Fashola/Oshiomole or Rotimi - 8years
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 23, 2015
CriticalThought:

What do you mean by enjoy presidency, this is not a game, our futures are at stake, let us all work to get the best person to do the job

Yea I know! Must it always cone from the north?We all know if buhari hadn't won, there would have been brimstone already in every part of the country. If another northerner was in place of buhari, same thing would have happened. It's really hard for them tolerate, we are just trying manage this marriage, because if everyone go crazy the way they are going, nigeria will be burning right now.
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by tuniski: 4:57pm On Apr 23, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

I jez hope most of d Ndigbos supportin GEJ all along hopin to take over power can finally see d deceitfulness of d PDP.
PDP iz shoppin 4 hausa-fulani in 2019?
I laff cool
u see yourself abi! Buhhari defeated GEJ with hausa/fulani votes across the north, is it an igboman that will split the votes of that region?the best bet remains for PDP to get a strong enufff hausa/fulani that can take 30% of the votes from buhari. The rest of the south will settle for the best alternative with SE/SS strongly for PDP. Hausa/fulani and an igbboman VP is the way to go for 2019! Buhari's popularity can only decline from 29/5/2015 . No one goes into political leadership and comes out with higher favourability and popularity than pre assumption of office!
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:03pm On Apr 23, 2015
tuniski:
u see yourself abi! Buhhari defeated GEJ with hausa/fulani votes across the north, is it an igboman that will split the votes of that region?the best bet remains for PDP to get a strong enufff hausa/fulani that can take 30% of the votes from buhari. The rest of the south will settle for the best alternative with SE/SS strongly for PDP. Hausa/fulani and an igbboman VP is the way to go for 2019! Buhari's popularity can only decline from 29/5/2015 . No one goes into political leadership and comes out with higher favourability and popularity than pre assumption of office!
D question u should be askin iz, "will there be PDP after May 29th or b4 2017?
grin
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
PDP will never field a Fulani or Hausa. PDP is now a ss n se political party ... It will never happen.
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by IYANGBALI: 6:34pm On Apr 23, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

I jez hope most of d Ndigbos supportin GEJ all along hopin to take over power can finally see d deceitfulness of d PDP.
PDP iz shoppin 4 hausa-fulani in 2019?
I laff cool
SS/SE used and dumped by the pdp grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by babestella: 6:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
yaskarahyelhope:

Is hausa-Fulani now d owner of Nigeria. This is crazy. If GEJ won't contest, another tribe should. Na Hausa people come Nigeria come rule? What arrant nonsense!

SW has just made it look so, now the north will use both SS, SE & SW to stay in power for a very long time.
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by IYANGBALI: 6:46pm On Apr 23, 2015
tuniski:
when will it be igbo turn to rule Nigeria?omo na until fowl grow teeth ogrin
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by babestella: 6:46pm On Apr 23, 2015
CriticalThought:
APC may hold the presidency till 2031

GMB/Osinbajo - 8years
Fashola/Oshiomole or Rotimi - 8years

Clap for yourself, this is an astute political analyst. Lol grin grin angry
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by babestella: 7:02pm On Apr 23, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

Look at it like dis.
Assuming GEJ won anoda 4 yrs, he handsover to Sambo for 8yrs, after Sambo it must be a yoruba man 4 anoda 8yrs, yoruba man hand over to middle belt or hausa again, how many years don go be dat?
Ehn?
Igbo presidency would have only be possible 30-40 yrs from now, abi grin

But wit APC now, Igbos might get it in 2023 but..
Unaaaaa fuuuuckoyoooooo grin

Stop deceiving yourself. After Buhari's 4 years, the power will remain in the north until the Tinubu realizes his failed political game plan. PDP and SE will rather allow an Hausa Fulani rule for eternity than give vote that will bring another Yoruba to power after OBJ's 8 years without the SE given any opportunity to lead.
Come 2019, an Hausa PDP candidate will divide the northern vote with APC, and with SE And SS with 2 states in SW and good number of PDP in Lagos, it will be a tight race for APC. Politics is just a s1lly game.

One thing I can tell you is that before a Yoruba man will rule again, it must be after SE 8 years, if not let the north continue.
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by Jorussia(m): 7:07pm On Apr 23, 2015
Xfemt:

says who

u be God?
says precedence.Where is APP,ANPP,and AD?
Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by CriticalThought: 7:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
EggovinMma:

Yea I know! Must it always cone from the north?We all know if buhari hadn't won, there would have been brimstone already in every part of the country. If another northerner was in place of buhari, same thing would have happened. It's really hard for them tolerate, we are just trying manage this marriage, because if everyone go crazy the way they are going, nigeria will be burning right now.

Quite frankly, the conditions on which Nigeria was built is shaky, It will always continue to be that way if the North acts like its a do or die. What even surprises me the most about their actions is how they spend so much time wanting to control the country but their states are decimated financially, educationally and environmentally.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope by Xfemt(m): 7:12pm On Apr 23, 2015
Jorussia:
says precedence.Where is APP,ANPP,and AD?

2019 pdp go shock...

Just tell apc to behave well if not

What happened in 2014 ll repeat it self in 2019 but e go b in d opposite

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Campaign Rally In Gaya, Kano (Photos) / With Tinubu’s Visit, Wike Has Officially Joined APC, Says PDP PCC / Atiku Is Not A Decent Man For Dragging Tinubu To Chicago Court - Temitope Ajayi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.