Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Man Who Invented Emoticons Hates His Invention. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Man Who Invented Emoticons Hates His Invention. (668 Views)

Black People Who Invented Fantastic Things / See What A Nairalander Invented 6 Years Ago. (photos) / How Did The Guys Who Invented The First Clock Know What Time It Was? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Who Invented Emoticons Hates His Invention. by ikbnice(m): 11:07am On Apr 23, 2015
The inventor of emoticons says they are no more what they were when he created them. The father of emoticons just dissed emojis. In an interview with Digiday, Scott Fahlman—
who has been credited with the invention of emojis in 1982— said the cute little yellow smiley faces, characters and objects that we have all grown to love are ugly.

“I don’t see any real creativity in making yellow circles with a
smiley face. Then there were more of those, and they started looking like actual chefs and
firemen and stupid things,”
Fahlman told Digiday.
Not surprisingly, Fahlman sticks
to the classics and continues to use the text emotions he
created. “I wouldn’t say emojis have wiped out emoticons; I mean, there’s the rebel underground. My friends and I
who are computer scientists still use the text ones.”

www.vocativ.com/tech/internet/guy-who-invented-emoticons-hates-emojis/?utm_campaign=InterApril2015&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=outbrain
Re: Man Who Invented Emoticons Hates His Invention. by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 23, 2015
Sh*t happens. undecided
Re: Man Who Invented Emoticons Hates His Invention. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2016
Change is constant. In his case it was for the better.

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Will Sell Windows 10 On Bootable Flash Drives / Dangote To Address Global Tech Start-ups / Separate Crystal Lens Green Line Laser Module

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.