Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. (64152 Views)

FUT Minna Expels 700 Students Over Poor Academics Performance / Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story / Please Academics In The House Should Advice A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by toshmann(m): 6:42pm On May 04, 2015
icebeatz:
Talents are killed on a daily basis in Nigeria.
The best brains from nigeria are often discovered and harnessed abroad.
Seeing good news like this makes me glow with pride.
I keep praying for the day when I will be proud enough to say "I am from nigeria" in front of anybody. Sometimes, I find myself saying south africa or carribeans... its a shameful fact.

For all those screaming "I can make it without education" I hope u can see this and take a cue.
Its never top late to do the right thing.

It may interest you to know that there are people, right there in nigeria today, who are even more intelligent than those on this list. The environment just wouldn't let them shine.

By the way, which bomboclaat put up this lust without adding my name angry
Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by tonychristopher: 6:46pm On May 04, 2015
AKUKO

Who sabi monkey

talk is cheap

abeg go find something do joor

if animal way get horn dey show, snail go follow come
SirShymexx:

Resident stark illiterate, at this stage of my life, based on what I saw on that list - I'm far ahead of most of the ones on that list, while they were at my age. I also attended a far better Uni. grin And I'm not even an academic -just some any guy.

Can you see why I don't rate mediocrity now, Mr. despicable obnoxious yokel? I expected something better - so stop crying.

4 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by ttmacoy: 6:47pm On May 04, 2015
If those countries didn't not appreciate them they would not be in the positions they are now.

It is Nigeria that does not appreciate the brilliant Nigerians and nuture them instead choosing to mismanage and steal it's resources.

Napoleone:
It's a pity people will still not appreciate the sagacity of Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by tonychristopher: 6:47pm On May 04, 2015
Nne,

Ibiakwa ozo, you and your poster boy of stupidity

leave him

ECOTERRORS:
IIekeh come and see a thread where igbos are excelling so that you can drink your hemlock tonight
Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by Uncleodi(m): 6:52pm On May 04, 2015
Error @ pics. The pics for Dr. Chukwu is actually Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu the former Minister for Health. His pics was mixed up.

Take note Op
Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by giftedlady: 6:54pm On May 04, 2015
Pls the pic for Dr Godwin Chukwu is our former minister for health ;a medical consultant ;a professor and not a petroleum engineer ; pls NL note

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by missade(f): 6:58pm On May 04, 2015
To all those shouting up and down about the tribe these people who have distinguished themselves come from, it is pretty sad.

Celebrate intellectuals for what they are and not tribe.

This should motivate everyone to want to excel in whatever field they are in.

2 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by sonzo666: 7:02pm On May 04, 2015
I am surprised that African-americans are doing ways better than Nigerians in academics.I used to think that African-americans were lazy,stupid,etc......I was wrong!

Sylvester Gates:
Mathematician and physicist and second black person to be elected to the US sciences academy( the first being the late mathematician David Blackwell).Author of more than 200 papers of theoretical physics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh4kIKoJ7Do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp4NkItgf0E

Clifford victor Johnson:Professor of astrophysics and author of over 100 papers in string theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvaRlPCWCcM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XPO1jZ1hBE

Mark Dean:The only black IBM fellow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDmmgk9j98Y

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by Sylverbox(m): 7:03pm On May 04, 2015
Nothing will stop me from being on this list in the next decade. Amen.
Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 04, 2015
tonychristopher:
Nne,
Ibiakwa ozo, you and your poster boy of stupidity

leave him

that boy acts silly

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by osholuamhe: 7:12pm On May 04, 2015
Very inspiring!

2 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by SirShymexx: 7:17pm On May 04, 2015
[s]
tonychristopher:
AKUKO

Who sabi monkey

talk is cheap

abeg go find something do joor

if animal way get horn dey show, snail go follow come
[/s]

Bum. undecided
Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by arent88(m): 7:17pm On May 04, 2015
opribo:
Why is there no notherner in the list. This is sacrilegious is it that it is only when it comes to Nigerian politics that we will find them struggling for power. Upon all the scholarships and bursary they have been collecting why are they like this.
does the gumel name sound igbo or yoruba to u.pls read carefuly and u would see a hausa proffesor of mathematics there.
Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by Masterclass32: 7:26pm On May 04, 2015
Hmmm ...
Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by Masterclass32: 7:26pm On May 04, 2015
Brethren, make we no tribalize this thread.

Brain Drain. Smh. Why can't our governmernt provide enabling and condusive environment for these geniuses to come home and contribute their piece to the growth of Nigeria? All our politicians know to do is fight for power. And when they get it, they end up doing nothing tangible with it.

Nigeria needs a new crop of leaders with a new mindset, not all these old men. They keep saying that the youth are d leaders of tomorrow. For how long shall we wait to 'tomorrow' to come? We don wait tire. Its high time the youth became the leaders of today.
Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by yibobasher2: 7:28pm On May 04, 2015
All I can see is that most of them that have their background from Nigeria went to Southwest universities. After some people will say they didn't benefit from Awolowo free education.
Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by lyndabrown(f): 7:29pm On May 04, 2015
Igbos too much

3 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 04, 2015
Never knew that awolowwe made university education free in southwest, university college ibadam is not a hand work of any nigerian, it was a british school established before independence and after indepenence until later changed to university of ibadam likewise Hope Waddel Calabar that was established by Presbyterian Church that was serving the then Eastern Nigeria
yibobasher2:
All I can see is that most of them that have their background from Nigeria went to Southwest universities. After some people will say they didn't benefit from Awolowo free education.

4 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by yibobasher2: 7:45pm On May 04, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Never knew that awolowwe made university education free in southwest, university college ibadam is not a hand work of any nigerian, it was a british school established before independence and after indepenence until later changed to university of ibadam.

And after independence, under which government was it managed?
Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by Dekatron(m): 7:46pm On May 04, 2015
icebeatz:

Lissen dawg.... im talking real life youre talking online....
Shiiittt.... have u ever been the only black guy in a club and on cnn, "boko haram kidnapps 200+ girls in nigeria" is showing on screen..... niggaaan u have no idea.
ok
Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 04, 2015
Kid go and learn, even till now the teaching hospital still bear university college hospital
yibobasher2:

And after independence, under which government was it managed?

2 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 04, 2015
lyndabrown:
Igbos too much
Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by LordPsalm(m): 7:51pm On May 04, 2015
sukkot:
ndigbo i troway salute. you are representing nigeria nicely. but please dont come in here and brag or i will change this compliment grin

i see many yorubas there too
Igbo's are really wonderful I must confess
#Proudly_Igbo

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by sukkot: 7:57pm On May 04, 2015
LordPsalm:

Igbo's are really wonderful I must confess
#Proudly_Igbo
some are wonderful. many are not. same with every other tribe where some are wonderful and many are not. there are equally as many yooba on that list too wink

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by Udmaster(m): 7:58pm On May 04, 2015
SirShymexx:

Dabiri and Olukotun shiit on everyone on that list.

Ol'girl just listed mediocre folks in obscure backwater Universities. grin
Cry me a river. is it because Igbos dominate OPs list? IGBOPHOBIA SYNDROME..

3 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by Udmaster(m): 7:59pm On May 04, 2015
BrosPeters:
Very skewed list. The OP purposely put more Igbos on the list

I am an Igbo man living in America and there is ABSOLUTELY no way that there are more Igbo academics than Yoruba academics in Diaspora- that is Yoruba territory!!!!

you are not an Igbo Man.. Shhhii

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 04, 2015
OP Your list is not complete. Abiodun Ojemakinde is a Provost and Vice President of Albany State University in US. Check him out

http://www.albanyherald.com/news/2015/mar/03/albany-state-university-announces-four-senior/

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by Missmossy(f): 8:01pm On May 04, 2015
Some people can't comment on a thread without being tribalist yet we want Nigeria to move forward sad

Nigerians are going places, its a wonderful thing.

2 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by SirShymexx: 8:04pm On May 04, 2015
Udmaster:
Cry me a river. is it because Igbos dominate OPs list? IGBOPHOBIA SYNDROME..

Sensitive and insecure muthaphuckas - not everything is about you fvckers.

There are Yoruba folks from mediocre Unis there like the one at Howard Uni.

Is Howard Uni a Top Uni in the world? And how many of them are from Top Universities in the world on there, apart from 3/4 like I posted?

Most of you will end committing suicide induced by insecurity - no one gives a shiit about you.

Eat a dyck, muthaphucka

2 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by Udmaster(m): 8:09pm On May 04, 2015
SirShymexx:

Sensitive and insecure muthaphuckas - not everything is about you fvckers.

There are Yoruba folks from mediocre Unis there like the one at Howard Uni.

Is Howard Uni a Top Uni in the world? And how many of them are from Top Universities in the world on there, apart from 3/4 like I posted?

Most of you will end committing suicide induced by insecurity - no one gives a shiit about you.

Eat a dyck, muthaphucka
the Igbos are giving them a sleepless night.. Shameless commodity of no marketable value like you should just go and hug the transformer.. IGBOS- we are indeed A GREAT TRIBE.

4 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by deletrue: 8:13pm On May 04, 2015
Even though I fast forwarded, looking for our Professor of Blame without offering solutions, am surprissed I can't find him. No wonder he is not only a local champion, what he know how to do is to fight locally, always blaming people, but you will never see him also offering solution. Right from time I know him as a professor of blame only. Very tinny thing like Buhari.
Re: Successful Nigerian Academics In The Worlds Top Universities. by ubyways(m): 8:24pm On May 04, 2015
Koolking:
Emmanuel Ekuwem, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Sc., PhD, MIEEE, MISOC

Emmanuel E. Ekuwem is an alumnus of Obafemi Awolowo University (University of Ife) Ile-Ife, he holds a Bachelors Degree in Engineering Physics and two Masters Degree in Physics and Electronic & Electrical Engineering respectively as well as a PhD in Electronic and Electrical Engineering.

Associate lecturer at International Centre for Theoretical Physic - ICTP, Trieste, Italy

UNESCO’s ICTP (Trieste, Italy) Regional Coordinator of the Nigerian Universities Network (NuNet).

Visiting Consultant to the ICTP under the umbrella of the Aeronomy Laboratory and Programme on Training and System Development in Networking and Radio communication.

Consultant to UNESCO (Nigeria office) on the IT component of UNDAF.

He was a Fellow of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)/TRIL Programme of the ICTP on Intelligent Real-Time Computer-based Data Communication.

Was an Associate of the UNESCO’s ICTP for three years?
A winner of the Third World Academy of Science (TWAS) award for Research on the effects of Meteorological phenomena on Radio Communication (VHF/UHF) in the lower Troposphere.

Principal Investigator in the International Telecommunication Union (ITU)/R experiments on radio propagation phenomena in non-ionized media (in Africa).

He is one of the finest ICT experts the world has ever produced

proudly Akwa Ibom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'Leaked Mathematics Question Paper': WAEC Reacts / Nairaland Official SCHOLARSHIPS Thread (degree, Masters, Phd, Contests Et Al) / Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.