Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,150 members, 7,860,122 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:09 AM

Help: Detention Of Vehicle By Police Men - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help: Detention Of Vehicle By Police Men (616 Views)

Attempt To Rob A White Man In Enugu State Foiled By Mobile Police Men (photos) / Unclad Headless Body Of A Woman In Enugu Discovered By Police (Graphic Pics) / 2 Police Men Beaten To Pulp By A Labourer In Lagos.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Detention Of Vehicle By Police Men by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
I went to see a friend in Delta, and as I drove him to the airport about 2weeks ago, on my way home I was held by some police men on duty, they asked for my driving license and I showed them. After checking the particulars of the car they saw a different name in the particulars and another name of driver license attached to it which was owned by the guy I dropped at the airport and the car belongs to a friend in Asia and was left to be taken care of by a friend I dropped at the airport.

The police are now saying they want to see either the guy that it's driver license was attached to the particulars or the real owner of the car in Asia whose name is in the particulars and both are not around.

Is it proper for a police man to detain a car with original papers shown and what should I do?
Re: Help: Detention Of Vehicle By Police Men by Luvties(m): 6:52pm On Apr 23, 2015
They are right..
Re: Help: Detention Of Vehicle By Police Men by yomi007k(m): 6:55pm On Apr 23, 2015
Yes its proper
because all evidence shows u don't own d car.
One way I think u can get d car is by getting in touch with d owners relatives and letting the police speak with d owner over d phone.
Re: Help: Detention Of Vehicle By Police Men by Maxymilliano(m): 10:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
Luvties:
They are right..

How and why

@Op, Police can only do that if there's a report of stolen vehicle that matches the car, hence the need to authenticate the ownership, anything else is playing to the gallery.
Re: Help: Detention Of Vehicle By Police Men by Luvties(m): 10:00am On May 08, 2015
Maxymilliano:

How and why

@Op, Police can only do that if there's a report of stolen vehicle that matches the car, hence the need to authenticate the ownership, anything else is playing to the gallery.

Did you know of there is report of such?? Just prove your innocence by providing proves to you claims and stop ranting.

Police is your friend don't make them your enemies.

(1) (Reply)

Stolen Assets Recovery Buhari Demands Fuel Imports From Oil Marketers Implicated / Heartless! House Helps Assaulted With Hot Iron For Stealing N100 / 6 Nigerians Extradited To US To Face Fraud Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.