Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

I Warned You On Looming Defeat, Tukur To PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Warned You On Looming Defeat, Tukur To PDP (1299 Views)

Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. / Court Sentences Mu’ammar Tukur To Death By Hanging In Katsina / Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Warned You On Looming Defeat, Tukur To PDP by DAVECENA(m): 12:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
ABUJA- FORMER National Chairman of the Peoples
Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur has
attributed the defeat of the party by the All Progressives
Congress, APC during the March 28 and April 11
general elections, to what he termed, failure on the part
of the leadership to adhere to his warning on the
looming loss.
Alhaji Bamanga Tukur and President Goodluck Jonathan
Tukur who noted that he was having the last laugh over
the party’s defeat in the elections, stressed that the
party ignored his warning and refused to mend its
ways.
In a statement yesterday in Abuja, Tukur stressed that
he had warned the party in 2013 that it will suffer
defeat in the 2015 general election if the leaders refuse
to change their ways and allow for internal democracy
within the party.
In the statement titled: “PDP- Were you not warned?”
the former PDP chairman reminded the party leadership
of the speech he read at the PDP National Executive
Committee [NEC] meeting of Thursday, June 20, 2013,
which he presided over as chairman.
Tukur who noted that he had warned his fellow party
leaders and members to have a change of attitude if the
party must succeed, said, “In our efforts to achieve
success, we must rededicate our genuine political
believes, change our attitudes and identify our political
needs. These good values cannot be realized without
accepting the supremacy of the party constitution as
key instrument that ensures progress, stability and
internal discipline.
The former National chairman who also drew their
attention to his words, said, “we must strengthen our
democracy through determination, not personalization,
correction, not manipulation, collectivism, not
individualism and sacrifice, not disservice.
“If these pronouncements are substantial then, the
party should quickly take urgent steps to achieve higher
levels, at least by coming to terms with democratic
norms and practices.”
Tukur argued that he also asked party members to
accord President Goodluck Jonathan some measure of
respect, saying, “We owe ourselves a duty to protect,
project and support our President to leave behind, a
lasting legacy for Nigerians,” while reminding them of
the promises made on the PDP journey.

source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/i-warned-you-on-looming-defeat-tukur-to-pdp/

Re: I Warned You On Looming Defeat, Tukur To PDP by socialmediaman: 12:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
They say when the gods want to kill a dog, they first make it mad. When 16 becomes greater than 19, and 6 weeks becomes enough after 6 years of sambissa play, have you not empowered your opponents?

2 Likes

Re: I Warned You On Looming Defeat, Tukur To PDP by Eyepencil: 12:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
PDP will come back stronger that's for sure.

1 Like

Re: I Warned You On Looming Defeat, Tukur To PDP by Dannyset(m): 12:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
Aja toba ma sonu, koni gbo fere olode(The dog that will go missing, won't listen to the whistle of its master the hunter).
Re: I Warned You On Looming Defeat, Tukur To PDP by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 24, 2015
He who the gods want to kill,they first of all make mad..
Re: I Warned You On Looming Defeat, Tukur To PDP by owobaba40: 12:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
Re: I Warned You On Looming Defeat, Tukur To PDP by chidekings(m): 12:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
can someone shut that man up.

When the chips are down,u know ur true frnds.
Re: I Warned You On Looming Defeat, Tukur To PDP by socialmediaman: 12:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
owobaba40:
D

Wetin la? na so you carry my name book space? Oya we de wait for the contribution grin
Re: I Warned You On Looming Defeat, Tukur To PDP by ki02020(m): 12:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
That your warning warning was like calling a guy(PDP) to come and eat when he is about to have sex, the truth is he has no apetite for food but after the sex he goes asking for the food but the food has been eaten by the hungry guy(APC)
Re: I Warned You On Looming Defeat, Tukur To PDP by jascon1(m): 12:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
Tukur u r just a spermatozoa. You sud be in the scrotum
Re: I Warned You On Looming Defeat, Tukur To PDP by baybeeboi: 2:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
why telling us now?
Re: I Warned You On Looming Defeat, Tukur To PDP by chiefinalowo: 3:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
Tukur is the architect of PDP misfortunes.
Re: I Warned You On Looming Defeat, Tukur To PDP by Duru1(m): 3:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, I admired your courage for speaking out but nothing lasts forever. Ironically, change is only thing that is constant in the universe.
Re: I Warned You On Looming Defeat, Tukur To PDP by saintade01(m): 7:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
Eyepencil:
PDP will come back stronger that's for sure.

I love your Fantasy cool
Re: I Warned You On Looming Defeat, Tukur To PDP by stronger: 7:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
Oh they should all hush it.

Why didn't they come out and speak publicly to FORCE a change in the party. . Now they are all claiming we saw it. . we warned you.

PDP "reforms" and all that nonsense is all a mirage. PDP is DEAD!!!

(1) (Reply)

Sullivan Chime: Goodluck Did Not Want To Win / PHOTO: Power Situation Worsens As Nigeria Loses 2,000MW To Gas Shortage / A Capital ‘no’ To An All-north Senate Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.