Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,696 members, 7,865,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:37 AM

Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. (8196 Views)

At Last, Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge / Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) / Obiano And Fashola On Inspection Of 2nd Niger Bridge & Federal Roads- Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by aresa: 3:25am On Apr 25, 2015

^^^^^^^^^

The best and the most beautiful bridge in West Africa built by the same JB in less than 3 years for measly N29 billion and it all belongs o the good people of Lagos state.....

I guess you reap what you sow..

7 Likes

Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by PhockPhockMan: 4:14am On Apr 25, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

[s] Don't call other people what you call your family members[/s] ..

I was right, you people are Tinubu slaves.
Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by PhockPhockMan: 4:39am On Apr 25, 2015
aresa:

^^^^^^^^^

The best and the most beautiful bridge in West Africa built by the same JB in less than 3 years for measly N29 billion and it all belongs o the good people of Lagos state.....

I guess you reap what you sow..
Was this picture of the bridge during construction?

1 Like

Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by aresa: 4:39am On Apr 25, 2015
[s][i]
PhockPhockMan:

I was right, you people are Tinubu slaves.
[/i][/s]

Ode, tinubu is responsible for your failure and jona saddling you and your children with 30 years of toll payment to JB?

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by aresa: 4:41am On Apr 25, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Was this picture of the bridge during construction?

What's this unintelligent question got to do with your 30 years toll bridge?

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by socialmediaman: 5:17am On Apr 25, 2015
Yaradua could've completed that bridge long time ago, including dredging of River Niger. Corruption couldn't allow the Otueke man develop his own region, imagine Niger bridge just starting now, obviously for political reasons as he saw nothing to campaign with in the south east, tufiakwa! Even the rail projects you see today were Yaradua's projects and would've been better than are today. I remember as back as 2008 he awarded a 16 billion dollar contract for construction of rail line from Abuja to Lagos, 7yrs later, Otueke man still struggling with those.

PDP sympathizers and party members really destroyed Jonathan's presidency with lies and deceit, and he couldn't free himself from their captivity even when Nigerians kept shouting and complaining. Nigerians had to send him packing before he could regain himself a little

tojos:

Thats not a wise thing to say. Contrary to your belief, the 2nd Niger bridge when completed would serve all Nigerian and not Igbos alone. The areas in the south-east is one of Nigeria biggest commercial & economic haven and with this kind of infrastructure, there would be easy movement of goods & services enough to link other geograhical location of this country.
If your opinion weren't one sided, then it is wise to say that one day investment might take you to SE if not your future generation.
If a commercial city like Lagos can boost of 15 bridges, is it too much for another (or two) commercial state(s) to ask for 2, especially when the first one is old and on the verge of collapse.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by QuotaSystem: 5:25am On Apr 25, 2015
GEJ knew their weak point is acknowledging their own failures so he was sure they wouldn't raise any dust about the scam during campaigns, besides their hatred for other regions meant they were going to vote for him even if he fed them with cow dung, so he had no qualms enslaving them with the PPP arrangement while funding other projects in the same regions they were voting him to get back at.

When will they have sense?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by sheymoni(m): 6:04am On Apr 25, 2015
This project started almost the same period Lagos state government started lekki/ikoyi bridge & the one of Lagos state has been delivered.
Lagos state government also uses julius berger
Jonathan scamming easterners since 2011

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by mankand(m): 8:36am On Apr 25, 2015
Doesn't look like something serious is going on there, I can count the number of workers there and even the equipments.

Nigerians gullibility does not have a rival
Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 25, 2015
@phockphockman

Is that a pako bridge, or?

I just hope it doesn't end up in the fashion of the air/seaport at enugu where I swim before I board a plane.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 25, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Wow!! shocked shocked shocked

So the second niger bridge is going to be tolled shocked shocked

I never knew this!!

A federal road/bridge Tolled??

Yet, the Ibos voted for Jonathan Smh!!! They've been scammed big time.

I trust Julius Berger to recover every penny and more from any ANT that crosses that bridge.

The sad thing is I don't see any government reversing the terms of the contract. Not with the Ibos current voting pattern. undecided

If their "son" Ebele Azikwe Jonathan could agree to such construction terms under his government, wetin concern "ab0ki" or "0fe mmanu" for the matter grin grin

the same way Yoruba tinubu is tolling the lekki bridge built100% with Lagos money. shey no be Yoruba people go pay.

Nigerians and hypocrisy like Bread and akara
Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by basilo101: 9:43am On Apr 25, 2015
aresa:

JB is funding the bridge, but ibo people, the primary end users are going to pay tolls to JB for 30 long years to use that bridge so how exactly is this GEJ's project?

For 30 years, your money is heading straight to Germany...

GEJ awarded many direct projects in other parts of the country and they ate fully funded by the FG, but not when it comes to the SE, he refused to do direct contract award fully funded by the FG, he instead sold the SE off to JB for 30 years...

GEJ is basically saying pay for your own damn bridge.. And after the entire SE people finished paying for the bridge 30 years later, the bridge goes back to the FG and not the people of SE or any state in SE.

GEJ didn't do you any favors, set you up for 30 worth of payment for what's still not going to be yours 30 years later....smh... grin

Gosh, u r a big fool!!!, do u kw hw many ppl frm difrnt part of d con3 and beyond dat kum to onitsha to buy goods? Evn wen i was serving in ekiti i kw hw many buses load per day heading to onitsha wit yoruba traders, not to mention trailers mainly owned by northerners, so hw is d bridge an igbo bridge and hw is d toll going to be paid by igbos. My frnd, d bridge is FG property and d toll will be paid by all nigerians. Dis is hw yorubas fool themselves claiming FG properties in lagos as yoruba property
Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by PhockPhockMan: 12:46pm On Apr 25, 2015
basilo101:

Gosh, u r a big fool!!!, do u kw hw many ppl frm difrnt part of d con3 and beyond dat kum to onitsha to buy goods? Evn wen i was serving in ekiti i kw hw many buses load per day heading to onitsha wit yoruba traders, not to mention trailers mainly owned by northerners, so hw is d bridge an igbo bridge and hw is d toll going to be paid by igbos. My frnd, d bridge is FG property and d toll will be paid by all nigerians. Dis is hw yorubas fool themselves claiming FG properties in lagos as yoruba property

Your papa born you well.
Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:18pm On Apr 25, 2015
siraj1402:
I thought he said he will deliver it?We are waiting for its commissioning before May 29.
Stop thinking and read properly before you comment to avoid disgrace in public forum. Who de build bridge under one year?
Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by Ezemust: 5:49pm On Apr 25, 2015
aresa:

What's so bitter about telling the truth? May God forgive the Aso Rock scammer for selling your people to 30 years of toll slavery with all your money heading straight to Germany...

its our people.its our problem so keep off.mr sabi pass all
Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by obayaya(m): 6:39pm On Apr 25, 2015
aresa:

JB is funding the bridge, but ibo people, the primary end users are going to pay tolls to JB for 30 long years to use that bridge so how exactly is this GEJ's project?

For 30 years, your money is heading straight to Germany...

GEJ awarded many direct projects in other parts of the country and they ate fully funded by the FG, but not when it comes to the SE, he refused to do direct contract award fully funded by the FG, he instead sold the SE off to JB for 30 years...

GEJ is basically saying pay for your own damn bridge.. And after the entire SE people finished paying for the bridge 30 years later, the bridge goes back to the FG and not the people of SE or any state in SE.

GEJ didn't do you any favors, set you up for 30 worth of payment for what's still not going to be yours 30 years later....smh... grin

Lemme just reply you this once..

The most important thing is that finally, the bridge is under construction regardless of the method of financing and the contract...

When the bridge is finally completed, we'll revisit the tolls and the other terms.. Then we'll see if it's beyond the government of the day to buy back that concession..

or will JB carry the bridge on their head back to Germany if somehow the terms of the concession becomes impossible to meet?

Lesson: Do not try to get by force something you can get through deception..
Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by aresa: 8:53pm On Apr 25, 2015
obayaya:

The most important thing is that finally, the bridge is under construction regardless of the method of financing and the contract..

The question is why is this the only Federal project initiated by GEJ to pacify his strongest base and his so called pillar of support to be tolled for 3 decades? Are you not bothered per the fact that your so called friend and the man you not only supported x 2 soled you off and swindled you n this manner?

When the bridge is finally completed, we'll revisit the tolls and the other terms.. Then we'll see if it's beyond the government of the day to buy back that concession..

Going back to seek adjustment and reconfiguration of the contract and concession agreement is a direct admission that this is a bad deal so why are you are arguing against the same fact you just acknowledge? Or you just feel like talking for talking sake? And is it set in stone that this is doable by the next administration and agreeable by JB?

or will JB carry the bridge on their head back to Germany if somehow the terms of the concession becomes impossible to meet?

As it stands today, yes they are heading back to Germany with the bridge because even though the bridge is over padded at N117 billion, you are going to end up paying them many times over and the money is heading straight to Germany and not your communities. So, they are taking the cost of this bridge many times over straight to Germany and that's money collected from your people for 30 years.

Lesson: Do not try to get by force something you can get through deception..

Very meaningless and redundant I must say...

1 Like

Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by obayaya(m): 9:53pm On Apr 25, 2015
aresa:

The question is why is this the only Federal project initiated by GEJ to pacify his strongest base and his so called pillar of support to be tolled for 3 decades? Are you not bothered per the fact that your so called friend and the man you not only supported x 2 soled you off and swindled you n this manner?

Going back to seek adjustment and reconfiguration of the contract and concession agreement is a direct admission that this is a bad deal so why are you are arguing against the same fact you just acknowledge? Or you just feel like talking for talking sake? And is it set in stone that this is doable by the next administration and agreeable by JB?

As it stands today, yes they are heading back to Germany with the bridge because even though the bridge is over padded at N117 billion, you are going to end up paying them many times over and the money is heading straight to Germany and not your communities. So, they are taking the cost of this bridge many times over straight to Germany and that's money collected from your people for 30 years.

Very meaningless and redundant I must say...

And your point?

Whatever that point is doesn't take away the fact that the bridge is under construction..

Your epistles cannot change that.. So save the energy for more important fights
Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by aresa: 9:59pm On Apr 25, 2015
obayaya:

And your point?

[s]Whatever that point is doesn't take away the fact that the bridge is under construction..

Your epistles cannot change that.. So save the energy for more important fights[/s]

It's right up there. Obviously you have reading and comprehension issues..

1 Like

Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by tmotmo: 8:15am On Apr 26, 2015
bright007:
GEJ is a hero

Yes. He is a Hero in a Clueless Community grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. by PhockPhockMan: 4:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
tmotmo:

Yes. He is a Hero in a Clueless Community grin grin grin
Meaning?

(1) (2) (Reply)

IG Of Police, Idris Visits Ambode / Peter Obi Blasts Buhari’s Subsidy Policy, Says "We Are Paying For Inefficiency" / Saraki Doctored His Radio Interview On N10m Donation – Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.