Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Which Is The Oldest Gadget/item Still Operational In Your Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Is The Oldest Gadget/item Still Operational In Your Family? (666 Views)

The Oldest Couple In Gelegele, Edo State. Husband Is 105yrs Old & Wife 95yrs / Meet The Alleged Oldest Man In Anambra State - 122 Years Old / The Oldest Man In Nigeria Died This Morning At 125 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Oldest Gadget/item Still Operational In Your Family? by 4C2215131: 9:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
Hi folks, was at "home" recently and was inspired to put up this post. Certain items in my pops house still be holding it down after so many years. This here are the gadgets/items:

1. KDK Standing Fan (39 years old!)
2.New Clime Ceiling Fan (37 years old!)
3. Standing Mirror enclosed in a cabinet of sorts (39 years old! still intact!)
4. Wardrobe (32 Years Old! not a single termite rot on it!)
5. Shaving Stick (45 years old! holding it in my hands right now, complete with its hard carton container)
6. Entrance and Room Doors (37 years old! keys still working on the entrance doors!)
7. Door Bell (37 years old! still working, rang it to announce my presence home)
8. Dad's work tools (spanner sets, hammers, e.t.c-45 years old).

The ole KDK fan was still "kedikeing"in one of the rooms complete with its red, amber and green speed lights. The New Clime ceiling fan was still doing its utmost in regulating the climate in another room (put 'em on for the fun of it).

Hmm...sigh, they don't make 'em like this no more. Sad to say, they outlived their owners who have been gathered to their ancestors.

R.I.P-Mom and Dad, y'all were the best a man could wish for.

P.S: How I came about their age? aside the fact that they existed before I was born, my Dad told me when he bought all of them (he was extremely good with keeping records, got that part of me from him, yeah...still got my primary school fees receipts with me!)

so folks, y'all got any to share with the house? they do bring back memories just looking at them, don't they?
Re: Which Is The Oldest Gadget/item Still Operational In Your Family? by saxwizard(m): 9:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
I will be back
Re: Which Is The Oldest Gadget/item Still Operational In Your Family? by blank(f): 10:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
There are many but the one that stands out for me was the fridge my folks gave me to take to uni. The receipt had 1k as purchase price and 1989 as date. At first I was sceptical but the fridge served me very well. It could retain ice for long hrs.

I used it as a drinks fridge till last year that I gave it out (with the receipt) and the person is so amazed at its efficacy.
Re: Which Is The Oldest Gadget/item Still Operational In Your Family? by tpiadotcom: 10:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
Who wants to know and why do they need the information.
Re: Which Is The Oldest Gadget/item Still Operational In Your Family? by 4C2215131: 1:29am On Apr 25, 2015
blank:
There are many but the one that stands out for me was the fridge my folks have me to take to uni. The receipt had 1k as purchase price and 1989 as date. At first I was sceptical but the fridge served me very well. It could retain ice for long hrs.

I used it as a drinks fridge till last year that I gave it out (with the receipt) and the person is so amazed at its efficacy.

Wow, a 26 year old fridge and still counting. Now that's 'original' Right there!
Re: Which Is The Oldest Gadget/item Still Operational In Your Family? by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 25, 2015
tpiadotcom:
Who wants to know and why do they need the information.

Always constipated
Na by force

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Oldest Gadget/item Still Operational In Your Family? by 4C2215131: 9:52am On Apr 25, 2015
babyosisi:

Always constipated
Na by force

Funny.

(1) (Reply)

His Room Mate Snores Loud. / How Will I Do Change Of Name / Caption This Hilariuos Pennalty Pic For Rapist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.