Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

An Experience With The MTN Consumer Care - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / An Experience With The MTN Consumer Care (1695 Views)

Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi / Val Peterson Scoops 15million Naira In The MTN BEST 11 PROMO / An Experience With The MTN Consumer Care (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Experience With The MTN Consumer Care by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ever since I started using MTN customer care over 5 years ago, I can only rate them very poorly about 1.5/10.

Recently, I had an issue with my MTN data line. I call it my data line because I have two(2) MTN lines on my dual sim browsing phone. The data line is the one I make bundle data subscription on. I paid for the 2500 naira bundle of 4.5gb which I believe is the most economical plan in Nigeria right now (I stand to be corrected). I subscribed on April 10, 2015 about 2 weeks. Unfortunately, just about 10 mins after subscribing for the bundle, I got another message that the bundle has been exhausted.
Just like every frustrated customer who has paid for a service but is not getting value for money, I decided to put a call through to MTN customer. I got different excuses from their customer care representatives. In fact I've been to their office twice! Excuses ranging from 'I need to take the issue to my boss' to ' Your line information is not available to me me right now' to ' It's better to visit one of our offices' which I have already done twice to 'We will resolve the issue in 24hrs' to ' I will personally call you back when its resolved' to the rep who said so rudely 'why are you just calling now this happened long ago'. In fact I have heard it all because I have called them over THIRTY (30) times over the course of 2 weeks sometimes waiting up to 25 mins to speak to a customer care representative. In fact I simply cannot call the customer care with that line anymore because apparently they have blocked me from calling the customer care and I get the voice message 'You have not enabled this service please call 180 to enable this service' whenever I call the customer care on that line. This is despite the fact that I have try to be as calm and patient as possible.

What surprises me the most is that this is coming from a company with a very bad PR at the moment. Perhaps this is an extension of their prejudices as a company from another country but in this case its happening on my line. I lay the blame squarely on our govt and the NCC for not protecting customers well enough especially in the use of a services that are integral to us as Nigerians- Communication. I doubt if this is how they treat customers in their home country. We can see how they treat other African nationals in their home country. But they MUST NOT bring this CRAP here.This is Nigeria.Its simply unacceptable. Today is April 24th 2015, exactly two weeks from whe I subscribed yet still no solution but only excuses. For the avoidance of doubt, my phone number is 0816 244 6367. Perhaps if any nairalander can help me out because I'm typically tired. Thanks a lot.

'12inches
Re: An Experience With The MTN Consumer Care by Nobody: 1:41am On Apr 25, 2015
o lawd, ayaf laff tire, lemme try and help.
Re: An Experience With The MTN Consumer Care by Nobody: 1:56am On Apr 25, 2015
guy i nid more info o! mtn wan kill me with questions.

what where u told at the office?

you browed all that day right
Re: An Experience With The MTN Consumer Care by Nobody: 4:32am On Apr 25, 2015
you actually exhasted your data, u spent hours browsing, not 10 minutes. you must had be downloading. or sumone is sharing the internet with you.
Re: An Experience With The MTN Consumer Care by Nobody: 5:58am On Apr 25, 2015
Runzlord were using the internet with me or what? I told u what happened already. I didn't exhaust my data. I knw enough abt technology to know I was swindled by the south Africans. This same data you're talking about I usually exhaust in a month. If MTN could provide me with how I used 4.5gb in 10 mins or 5 days then I will accept. Otherwise they are criminals. If this was the U.S I will sue them.
Re: An Experience With The MTN Consumer Care by Nobody: 6:00am On Apr 25, 2015
runzlord:
guy i nid more info o! mtn wan kill me with questions.

what where u told at the office?

you browed all that day right

Mtn told me to continue calling the customer care at their office. That he can't resolve it in the office. The most annoying aspect of the whole thing is that the customer care blocked my line from calling them.
Re: An Experience With The MTN Consumer Care by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 25, 2015
12inches1:
Runzlord were using the internet with me or what? I told u what happened already. I didn't exhaust my data. I knw enough abt technology to know I was swindled by the south Africans. This same data you're talking about I usually exhaust in a month. If MTN could provide me with how I used 4.5gb in 10 mins or 5 days then I will accept. Otherwise they are criminals. If this was the U.S I will sue them.
my guy, u exshausted it. thats the truth
Re: An Experience With The MTN Consumer Care by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 25, 2015
I didn't. are u the one that uses my phone for me?
Re: An Experience With The MTN Consumer Care by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 25, 2015
MTN customer care = 0
Re: An Experience With The MTN Consumer Care by adedapa(m): 10:32am On Apr 25, 2015
Please try their Twitter Customer care channel @MTN180, and I'm sure you will get Joy. So prompt and effective!
Re: An Experience With The MTN Consumer Care by parrotibaba(m): 2:14pm On Apr 25, 2015
@op stop wasting ur time calling dia customer care line ,dos SOBs r animals ,just lay ur complaints on dia customer care Twitter handle
Re: An Experience With The MTN Consumer Care by Sweetyie(f): 2:27am On Apr 26, 2015
I have like 2gb remaining of my data plan and it's expiring soon n I don't mind sharing
Re: An Experience With The MTN Consumer Care by VULCAN(m): 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
Sweetyie:
I have like 2gb remaining of my data plan and it's expiring soon n I don't mind sharing

You have a good heart. God bless you for your offer. But even if the OP accepts it to enable him browse he should still fight for his data.

(1) (Reply)

Invasion Online War Game Android Solutions Tool Diamonds APK Ios / Why Would HTC Copy Apple? / How To Do Unlimited Browsing On Airtel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.