Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,165 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

What Has Christianity Done To Islam? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Has Christianity Done To Islam? (385 Views)

Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / Has Christianity Accepted Cohabiting / Former US President George W Bush Converts To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Has Christianity Done To Islam? by chrisxxx(m): 1:26pm On Apr 25, 2015
I am disturbed by the persecution of Christians in the middle east, Nigeria and other parts of the world. I am not going to remain silent with the false belief that all is well. This is so when you realise how violence spread like wildfire especially when it has religious inclination.
I am a Christian today primarily due to the fact that it was the foreign religion that came first to my grand parents and its ubiquitousness in South-South Nigeria. Who knows if I would have been a Muslim if Islam had arrived first? In same vein I believe that the man wielding the big guns and machete in search of Christians in North-East Nigeria and Middle East would have been a Christian, if Christianity had arrived to him before Islam.
One curious aspect of this persecution is its selective nature. It is only targetted at Christians amidst other religions. I observe Christians see the devil as the enemy. The Islamic persecution narrow this devil's search to the doorsteps of the Christians. Does it mean that the Christians are the devil?
What is the reason of this persecution? Are they carrying out a religious obligation and even at that why must it be centred on the annihilation of Christians? Seriously, I am disturbed and if world leaders do not rise in unison in condemnation of this prehistoric adventure, the world would soon face unprecedented religious holocaust.
Re: What Has Christianity Done To Islam? by Usman212s: 1:39pm On Apr 25, 2015
what has Islam done to Christians ?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Choose To Be Sanctified / The Mind Of Jesus / Are White Christians Different From Black Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.