Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,652 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

New Flagship Device: Xiaomi Mi4i Full Specifications - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New Flagship Device: Xiaomi Mi4i Full Specifications (1153 Views)

The Nokia 6: Price And Full Specifications / Tecno Phantom 5: Tecno’s 2015 Flagship Device Thread / 5 Reasons We Want The Mi4i Phone!!! (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Flagship Device: Xiaomi Mi4i Full Specifications by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 25, 2015
Xiaomi’s Hugo Barra has just wrapped up the Xiaomi Mi4i launch in New Dehli, which gives us some time to reflect on the new device and the Xiaomi Mi4i full specifications.

Originally believed to be an India only exclusive, Xiaomi have revealed that other current Xiaomi markets can also expect the Xiaomi Mi4i to go on sale later this year. This means China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore as well as India can all look forward to an official Mi4i release, but the rest of us will have to go through resellers as usual.

The Xiaomi Mi4i is basically a budget version of the Mi4, with a brightly coloured polycarbonate body, and slightly lower specifications and a more affordable price too. The plastic unibody looks like a mini version of the Mi Pad from the rear, and comes in yellow, pink, blue, white and black. Being a unibody design has meant a SIM card tray is used to access the dual SIM slot and the 3120mAh battery is a non user removable item.

Speaking of the battery, it is a Sony/Samsung cell with quick charge feature, that Xiaomi say will give you a useable battery life of 1.5days on a single charge.

As the Mi4i is basically a budge Mi4, it is not a surprise to see a 5-inch 1920 x 1080 JDI display on the front. The OGS panel features Corning Gorilla glass for protection and a new Sunlight Display technology for better viewing on bright sunny days (especially useful for India).

Xiaomi have long stopped using Mediatek chips, and so have gone for a Snapdragon 615 chipset. This is the 2nd generation version of the Snapdragon 615 with faster and more powerful cores and should be seen as a more suitable rival to the Mediatek MT6752 chipset which has dominated the mid-range phone market. 2GB RAM and 16GB memory come as standard, but unfortunately no SD memory expansion.

With a 64bit processor it makes sense to see Xiaomi finally officially launch a devie with MIUI version 6 based on Android Lollipop. Xiaomi claim that the faster SoC and Lollipop based MIUI allow the Mi4i to reach 40,256 points in Antutu.

Camera specifications include a rear 13 mega-pixel Sony/Samsung sensor with 5 element lens, F2.0 aperture and dual LED flash. The front camera is a 5 mega-pixel, F1.8 sensor with 80 degree wide angle lens and beautification mode.

As mentioned above the Xiaomi Mi4i is a dual SIM phone, both SIMs offering 4G LTE. According to the Xiaomi India website supported bands include FDD-LTE B3/B7, TD-LTE B38 / B39 / B40 / B41, TD-SCDMA 1900 / 2000MHz, WCDMA 850 / 1900 / 2100MHz and GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz. The phone also boasts Bluetooth 4.1, Bluetooth HD, Dual band WIFI 2.4/5Ghz, WIFI Direct, WIFI display, GPS, GLONASS and BeiDou.

Final details of the phone include the size which is 138.1 x 69.6 x 7.9mm, and a anti-grease coating on the body to stop smudges and fingerprints.

Re: New Flagship Device: Xiaomi Mi4i Full Specifications by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 25, 2015
This phone wil be available next month. I will order one immediately it's available and do a review.
Re: New Flagship Device: Xiaomi Mi4i Full Specifications by bigpastor(m): 10:30am On May 19, 2015
This is May already. Is the phone available and how much?
Re: New Flagship Device: Xiaomi Mi4i Full Specifications by Youngzedd(m): 8:21am On May 30, 2015
bigpastor:
This is May already. Is the phone available and how much?

This phone will cost nothing less than 60k.
Re: New Flagship Device: Xiaomi Mi4i Full Specifications by mrdrizzy(m): 10:04am On May 30, 2015
This isn't xiaomi flagship just some device dey use to storm india

The I on the mi4i means india version

My issue is no 32gb available
Re: New Flagship Device: Xiaomi Mi4i Full Specifications by donbenie(m): 10:30pm On May 31, 2015
Seems you lack the concept of what a Flagship device is all about,your headline is misleading,to say the least..

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Zone / Affordable Glo Data Bundles And Price / Phone Gurus Please Your Assistance Is Highly Needed Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.