Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Dis 13-year-old CEO Has A Bow Tie Business That's Probably Worth More Dan Ur Car - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dis 13-year-old CEO Has A Bow Tie Business That's Probably Worth More Dan Ur Car (1369 Views)

Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounter In 2016. - I Take A Bow / 10 Kinds Of Business That Can Bring You Millions In Nigeria This Year. / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dis 13-year-old CEO Has A Bow Tie Business That's Probably Worth More Dan Ur Car by mysyto(m): 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2015
Kids these days are doing something right.

Take, for example, Evan, the 9-year-old kid behind EvanTubeHD who's making over $1 million a year for his YouTube videos. Or 15-year-old Noa Mintz, who was featured on CNN Money after starting a childcare agency that's now worth $375,000.

Yep.

Now, cue Moziah Bridges, the 13-year-old whose bow tie business is completely taking off.

According to BET, Bridges appeared on ABC's "Shark Tank," catching the eye of Daymond John who then invested in the company and became Bridges' mentor. The two flew to New York City, and after a TV appearance, they got a call from Karen Katz, CEO of the Neiman Marcus group.
Now, Mo's Bows, a collection of handmade bows and men's accessories, has been sold for $200,000.

The designs are lighthearted and fun, and feature everything from floral prints to polka dots to music notes.

Moreover, "Mo's Bows just secured its first [partnership] late last year with Cole Haan," writes Moriba Cummings for BET. "To date, it has also solidified its deal with Neiman Marcus."

According Bridges' Facebook page, his grandmother taught him how to hand and machine sew the bow ties from scrap material.
"I believe that I can make more happiness by making more bow ties," Bridges says in a trailer for his documentary.

1 Share

Re: Dis 13-year-old CEO Has A Bow Tie Business That's Probably Worth More Dan Ur Car by Basildvalour(m): 6:12pm On Apr 25, 2015
Making the money as a kid guarantees a successful life all-round

Kudos to entrepreneurs all over
Re: Dis 13-year-old CEO Has A Bow Tie Business That's Probably Worth More Dan Ur Car by millhouse: 4:33pm On May 06, 2015

(1) (Reply)

7 Questions You Must Answer Before Launching Your Business / Do You Need To Transfer Dollar Into Your Domiciliary Account? / How Can I Turn100k Monthly salaryTo 4million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.