Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing - Sports (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing (196965 Views)

Anthony Joshua Pictured With Floyd Mayweather And Crew / DOWNLOAD Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao FIGHT / See The $1m Emerald Belt For The Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao Boxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by edpunter(m): 3:33pm On May 05, 2015
50calibre:

You don't seem to understand what I'm saying and I don't think you will.

Yeah mayweather won the fight but it wasn't a sensational performance befitting of all the hype. That fight was actually termed "The fight of the century" looool what a joke.

Mayweather won the fight because the judges said he did (Pacquiao was never going to win a decision over mayweather in Vegas anyway) but a lot of boxing heads people disagree, even Mayweather's father said it wasn't an impressive fight. All those punches mayweather landed must have been phantom punches because Pacquiao was never in trouble at any point in the fight and came out of the fight looking pretty-faced. So much for the fight of the century.

Pacquiao on the other hand was the agggressir throughout the fight and even landed more solid shots. Tyson-Holyfield was an epic fight, it was war, Holyfield was actually punishing tyson before the bitting incident. So not a good comparison here.

Well I'm done talking this fight, it's past tense now, lets look forward to the future. If Mayweather really wants to silence the critics, then Pacquiao deserves a rematch but if he's happy with that performance, then he can retire in peace.

I will still repeat it that Mayweather clearly won that fight right from the start. Well was Floyd the aggressor? No... But he is a very smart boxer and he out-boxed Pacman. A lot of people get confused when they see someone throwing several punches like a woman fighting a man and not landing them, that's what Pacman did. Just look at the numbers bro, Mayweather landed about 80% more punches than Pacman. I've been watching Mayweather for some time now and whatever you think of the man, he has a great defensive boxing skills just like Chelsea, they might disappoints the viewers but they win at the end of the day. Honestly, there's nothing here to see - the judges got it right. Hopefully, there will be a rematch but I guess not cos that money is too much for a young illiterate dude to handle but if he hears $500million take home he's ready to accept a fake KO to satisfy the world . smiley grin smiley Money makes the world go round. smiley grin smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by 50calibre(m): 7:04pm On May 05, 2015
edpunter:

I will still repeat it that Mayweather clearly won that fight right from the start. Well was Floyd the aggressor? No... But he is a very smart boxer and he out-boxed Pacman. A lot of people get confused when they see someone throwing several punches like a woman fighting a man and not landing them, that's what Pacman did. Just look at the numbers bro, Mayweather landed about 80% more punches than Pacman . I've been watching Mayweather for some time now and whatever you think of the man, he has a great defensive boxing skills just like Chelsea they might disappoints the viewers but they win at the end of the day. Honestly, there's nothing here to see - the judges got it right. Hopefully, there will be a rematch but I guess not cos that money is too much for a young illiterate dude to handle but if he hears $500million take home he's ready to accept a fake KO to satisfy the world . smiley grin smiley Money makes the world go round. smiley grin smiley

Nah!! Pacquiao won a couple of rounds too, 4,6, 9, 12 if I remember correctly.

That's why I said they must have been phantom punches because it had no impact on Pacquiao's face. Besides, he didn't land up to 80% (he's not a machine), it was around 29%.

Yeah Chelsea is a very good example here, they play so defensive, killing the beauty of the sport entirely. It's legal, it gives them the win but it doesn't do justice to the sport. You can see how many teams complain about Chelsea.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by omonnakoda: 7:06pm On May 05, 2015
1diott tell your mother to go and remove the money from Mayweather's account because she is unhappy with the result
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by edpunter(m): 7:43pm On May 05, 2015
omonnakoda:
1diott tell your mother to go and remove the money from Mayweather's account because she is unhappy with the result

It's okay bro, insulting someone parents doesn't speak well of you, why not insult him directly than throwing tantrums towards his mother. Funny enough he's not even responding to your insults grin, so take a chill.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by omonnakoda: 9:35pm On May 05, 2015
edpunter:

It's okay bro, insulting someone parents doesn't speak well of you, why not insult him directly than throwing tantrums towards his mother. Funny enough he's not even responding to your insults grin, so take a chill.
1. i say this with due respect,I really do not care what you think and am not seeking your approval.Too bad if you don't like it. Ayone who is insolent opens up his parents to abuse that is my policy. The abuse will stop at a time of my choosing so it is better not to start ,no one has a monopoly of unruliness
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by MissMakas(f): 7:30am On May 06, 2015
JoeCutie:
Me? A very good boy?shocked Wow!!! grin

All my friends and foes must hear this... I'm a very good boy! *doing shoki* cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy

You don cray finish ooo. cheesy
Make sure one or two of your sons are as funny as you. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by JoeCutie(m): 7:57am On May 06, 2015
MissMakas:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

You don cray finish ooo. cheesy
Make sure one or two of your sons are as funny as you. grin
That I'll make sure of. I'll be very strong and careful on that night of conception. I promise. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by encryptjay(m): 8:42am On May 06, 2015
Stunner1:

Y is ur mouth open?
Don't mind me
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by eleko1: 9:24am On May 06, 2015
Look @ her smilling/happy over betting.Nah Inside Nairabet shop u sleep?Make I waka go gist Ur Landlord undecided sad undecided
VickyRotex:
Choiii... Some of my friends just made thousands over night. grin

And some just lost it

They should have seen the fingers on the wall cheesy cheesy

MAY favours May Weather

He never loses cheesy grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by VickyRotex(f): 9:32am On May 06, 2015
eleko1:
Look @ her smilling/happy over betting.Nah Inside Nairabet shop u sleep?Make I waka go gist Ur Landlord undecided sad undecided

grin Taahhh. I no like betting o. I discourage it sef. embarassed angry

Tell my landlord sey Floyd send me money, sey I don hammer cheesy tongue
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by windgold: 11:09am On May 06, 2015
Good morning boxing fans, fans of Mayweather and Pacman my respect to you all.
Mayweather, in my opinion is The Best Ever ( TBE). He won Pacman on Jabs, power punches, defending and footwork. Mentally he won pacman, so why the arguments and rants.
Boxing is a game and a sports, not a do or die thing. Protect your self at all times. Score your points when there are openings. Avoid your opponent with footwork, grabbing, dodging and full head guide when you are rushed.
So we boxing fans need to learn from the master Money FloydMayweather. 38 years, 48 - 0, still unbeatable for 18 yrs as a champion. What a record.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by MissMakas(f): 6:28pm On May 06, 2015
JoeCutie:
That I'll make sure of. I'll be very strong and careful on that night of conception. I promise. grin
Chai. Obumneme!!! Easy ooh. cheesy
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by JoeCutie(m): 7:00pm On May 06, 2015
MissMakas:
Chai. Obumneme!!! Easy ooh. cheesy
Don't worry, ma. I will. grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by xage(m): 9:24pm On May 09, 2015
Roland17:

You don't have to explore your stupidity in public with reckless comments..

As stupid as your dead brain cell...#slowpoke
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nihilist: 6:04am On Nov 29, 2015
50calibre:

Of course Mayweather avoids taking the hard knocks, that's why I'm not a big fan of his, this is exactly why boxing is declining. A true champion doesn't select fights, but fights anyone put in front of him.

How do you know Mayweather is in better shape? Rumour has it that he was KOed in training by Zab Judah (a much slower southpaw) he's hands are weak so he's chopping wood as part of his regimen, his muscles take longer to recover hence he has to resort to using cryogenic saunas to shorten his recovery time.... How the hell is he in better shape than Pacquiao?

PAC is in prime condition, his foot work is great, his punch combinations and hand speed is impeccable, it's like he got better in his last 3 fights especially against Brandon Rios.

I said the same thing about Anthony Joshua, you don't need that much muscle in boxing, it slows you down, and even makes you tire quick. He should ask Frank Bruno

[size=28pt]Hahahaha Tyson Fury is a joke, an embarrassment to the profession. How the hell did that clown get this far? He's just a big, tall, sloppy loud mouth. Wladimir Klitschko will beat the living daylight out of him. [/size]

You say? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2019
edpunter:
I will still repeat it that Mayweather clearly won that fight right from the start. Well was Floyd the aggressor? No... But he is a very smart boxer and he out-boxed Pacman. A lot of people get confused when they see someone throwing several punches like a woman fighting a man and not landing them, that's what Pacman did. Just look at the numbers bro, Mayweather landed about 80% more punches than Pacman. I've been watching Mayweather for some time now and whatever you think of the man, he has a great defensive boxing skills just like Chelsea, they might disappoints the viewers but they win at the end of the day. Honestly, there's nothing here to see - the judges got it right. Hopefully, there will be a rematch but I guess not cos that money is too much for a young illiterate dude to handle but if he hears $500million take home he's ready to accept a fake KO to satisfy the world . Money makes the world go round.

cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 / Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.