Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today (39002 Views)

White Girl Sees Nigerian Fried Plantain For The First Time And Reacts / Making My Own Kfc Home Made fried chicken / How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by ManTiger(m): 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
I just copied this link and send to my friend. I also bookmark it. We shall try it out.
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by eazzzy1(m): 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Badosqi(m): 11:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
now this when I am very hungry........
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Kimoni: 11:11pm On Jul 21, 2015
Very nice OP
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by armadeo(m): 11:11pm On Jul 21, 2015
remain to show us the shit when go commot grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by trappatoni(m): 11:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
Correct man. Your wife no go fit do yanga for you, just keep frying chicken. Yinmu
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by dayla(m): 11:20pm On Jul 21, 2015
Ah tuale for u Jor cool
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by CodeineJunkiee(m): 11:23pm On Jul 21, 2015
The thing be like fried akara tongue
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Jamean(f): 11:24pm On Jul 21, 2015
tsdarkside:

pahhh.....everybody is free,to write is own opinion....even if i get banned,i dont care...i am saying the truth....the truth can not harm me.....

i am tsdarkside.................

let the world know...this biafra dream will never happen in nigeria....maybe on an lonely island.............. grin grin grin grin

surely not in africa...............

It's not GMAT. Open a thread to facilitate your anti-Biafra movement. But not in this kitchen.
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by MsNas(f): 11:35pm On Jul 21, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
I knew today was going to be a lazy Saturday so I had made plans to try something new in the kitchen.
I decided it was going to be KFC styled Fried Chicken. I spent the week familiarizing myself with different recipes I came across. I was at the market yesterday to get the remaining ingredients which I needed and were not available in my kitchen.

Recipe:
Colonel Sanders' recipe had 11 spices. These are Paprika, Onion powder, Salt, Sage, Allspice, Garlic, Oregano, Chili, Black pepper, Marjoram and Basil.

I wasn't able to get all the spices but I made do with what I had, so here goes.

1 tablespoon of Black Pepper
1 tablespoon of Thyme (substitute for Basil)
1 tablespoon of ground garlic (I couldn't get Garlic powder so I bought the fresh one and used approx. 1 cm of it)
2 tablespoons of Salt
1 tablespoon of Onion powder ( I used half of a medium sized Onion instead)

4 cloves of Ginger (not in the recipe but because Individuality)
In addition,
3 cups of All-purpose Flour
1 tin of Milk
2 fresh eggs
Chicken.

I was ready to begin.

Cc
MissyB3
Tjskii
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Very nice try. You were trying to make breaded chicken drumsticks.

I have a few pointers though....
The Chicken was brown. Why? Because instead of the flour, you were supposed to use breadcrumbs instead of the all purpose flour you used.
Then instead of the eggs, you actually needed to use buttermilk. Both the breadcrumbs and buttermilk are used to coat the chicken.

I usually get breadcrumbs in a pack, but i watched it somewhere on YouTube where someone made her own. Its pretty easy. Looking at this actually made me hungry. I am definitely gonna make some of that when I get home from work. Nice job!

Please take this as a suggestion not criticism. Just offering my own suggestion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by dokunbam(m): 11:57pm On Jul 21, 2015
Make weed-end weekend come fast so I can test my skill cheesy
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 22, 2015
Didn't see any fried chicken in those pics
greatmarshall:
the fried chicken of course
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by suco50(m): 12:03am On Jul 22, 2015
NL is fast becoming a joke! "See front page material", can't even imagine this; mtschew undecided
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Pakingzzz(m): 12:16am On Jul 22, 2015
Do you have any unused items no matter the shape and state of the items??

You can sell these items for a pretty well good price..
There's a platform I shall tell you that will advertise your unused items, and in no time you will begin to receive calls from interested buyers.
You would be wondering; what kind of unused items can i sell on that platform right?
Here's what you could sell on that platform. You can sell your old or second hand fridge, gas cooker, phones, inverters, solar accessories, TV, DVD, PC, laptop, dstv decoder, bicycle, watches, headphones, computer accessories, bikes, bike spare parts, cars, car spare parts. Just anything you can think of that has a tint of value left in them.
Here's the crux of the matter; Statics have shown that there are some people out there, desperately in need of these item of yours..
To get a deep insight on how and the place to sell these items of yours, please you may visit HERE
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by ONWARDBABA: 12:25am On Jul 22, 2015
Coool
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 22, 2015
I NEVER KNEW CHICKEN CUD BE FRIED WITHOUT BOILING FIRST....SERIOUSLY

2 Likes

Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by viruz007(m): 1:01am On Jul 22, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
Lessons:

This was my first time and if you've ever had a first time wink, you'll know it's hardly ever perfect.

1. Shake off excess flour after dipping it in the mix if not na Buns go surround your Chicken.
2. Beware of Salt. Adjust the recipe to what you have. 2 tablespoons of salt might be a bit too much depending on what you are working with.
3. Have enough oil. It's called deep frying for a reason.
4. Except you are absolutely sure that your hand is drier than the Sahara, please don't drop the Chicken in the Oil with your hand. Biko.
Also don't drop it from a distance, bring the Chicken as close as you can.
5. It can be tempting to remove the Chicken before time. Don't. Except you like pink insides with a hint of blood.
6. Keep the Chicken on a serviette for a while when its removed from the oil. Enough said.
7. Note to self: A Meat and Normal thermometer is a necessity.

This is the first try. I'm on the lookout for the rest of the spices. Anyone who knows where I can purchase them in PH should please let me know.

It's been a Pleasure.

So u dey PH? Chief forward address make I come taste
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 1:43am On Jul 22, 2015
Remember there are bird flu in Naija,eat wisely.
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by baby124: 1:45am On Jul 22, 2015
The chicken goes in the egg before going in the flour. And the egg is to coat the chicken lightly not for the chicken to sit in the egg. Plus the flour is for dusting the chicken lifhtly and evenly. You would have come out with a better looking chicken, not a bad first try though
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Originalsly: 2:30am On Jul 22, 2015
For a first timer your fried chicken looks very appetizing .... in fact you did wayyy better than many who been frying for yearsss! It looks crispy too..... did you get the KFC crispness? I'm wondering about the taste....mainly because there was no time for the spices to work in and flavour the meat. Next try I suggest you allow the meat time to su k up the spices! I know you will do much better next time....keep us posted!
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by shevon: 2:32am On Jul 22, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
Lessons:

This was my first time and if you've ever had a first time wink, you'll know it's hardly ever perfect.

1. Shake off excess flour after dipping it in the mix if not na Buns go surround your Chicken.
2. Beware of Salt. Adjust the recipe to what you have. 2 tablespoons of salt might be a bit too much depending on what you are working with.
3. Have enough oil. It's called deep frying for a reason.
4. Except you are absolutely sure that your hand is drier than the Sahara, please don't drop the Chicken in the Oil with your hand. Biko.
Also don't drop it from a distance, bring the Chicken as close as you can.
5. It can be tempting to remove the Chicken before time. Don't. Except you like pink insides with a hint of blood.
6. Keep the Chicken on a serviette for a while when its removed from the oil. Enough said.
7. Note to self: A Meat and Normal thermometer is a necessity.

This is the first try. I'm on the lookout for the rest of the spices. Anyone who knows where I can purchase them in PH should please let me know.

It's been a Pleasure.

Check SPAR, that's where my wife gets all her spices. Nice try.
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by rezzy: 2:33am On Jul 22, 2015
TheRealAdonye:

You mean you didn't boil it first? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 2:44am On Jul 22, 2015
Lovely!! I will try it out with fish. Its called 'fish fingers'
Its better to steam that chicken before we use flour to romance the body.
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 5:26am On Jul 22, 2015
#hhhmmmmmm
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by ZianaJordana(f): 5:31am On Jul 22, 2015
Mmmmmmm! shocked It looks absolutely delicious! Now you've got me hungry. cry I'm gonna have to try this out when I have time.
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Richy4(m): 6:07am On Jul 22, 2015
Wetin be the work of the eggs abeg? Was that not an overdose of chicken and it's family lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Easy Way To Make Spaghetti Like A Chef / How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area / A Glass Of Which Of The Drinks Would You Take? Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.