Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

How Do Fight/war Scenes In Hollywood Movies Look So Realistic? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How Do Fight/war Scenes In Hollywood Movies Look So Realistic? (1476 Views)

Martins Lawrence Akande’s Amazing Hyper Realistic Pencil Artwork / (picture) Chck Out This Art ! Looks So Realistic / An Amazing Hyper-realistic BIC Drawing Of Monalisa Chinda By Oscar Chuks(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Fight/war Scenes In Hollywood Movies Look So Realistic? by Menaha(m): 11:31pm On Apr 25, 2015
Sometimes I wonder how they do it. Starting from the car explosion and stunt, buildings collapsing, air strikes and the actor flying from one skycrapper to another (especially in spider man). Everything looks so real.
Please video editors in the house I hope you don't mind explaining how all these things are done.
I'm fascinated by these tricks and I'll be happy for your contribution.
Cheers!
Re: How Do Fight/war Scenes In Hollywood Movies Look So Realistic? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 25, 2015
they use computer.. that's all i know
Re: How Do Fight/war Scenes In Hollywood Movies Look So Realistic? by Codyt(m): 12:15am On Apr 26, 2015
You might wanna look at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer-generated_imagery.CGI is the technology behind manipulating scenes like this.
Re: How Do Fight/war Scenes In Hollywood Movies Look So Realistic? by braine(m): 1:07am On Apr 26, 2015
This is quite interesting. It really takes a lot of time tho.
Re: How Do Fight/war Scenes In Hollywood Movies Look So Realistic? by felixchip(m): 6:42am On Apr 26, 2015
Wondered how Ghosts appear and disappear in Nollywood movies? How those thunders occur? They're same thing, but, of different Levels.

It's Visual Effect (VFX) or Computer Generated Image(CGI).
Like the spider man, he may jump from a tree to another while it's been shot.
Then, while working on it(editing), they'll integrate what they want you to see.
Replace the tree with the skyscrapers.

And, war scenes, they're either shots from actual war scenes or some 3D generated scenes. Then, integrated into the real scene.

1 Like

Re: How Do Fight/war Scenes In Hollywood Movies Look So Realistic? by Menaha(m): 11:28am On Apr 26, 2015
felixchip:
Wondered how Ghosts appear and disappear in Nollywood movies? How those thunders occur? They're same thing, but, of different Levels.

It's Visual Effect (VFX) or Computer Generated Image(CGI).
Like the spider man, he may jump from a tree to another while it's been shot.
Then, while working on it(editing), they'll integrate what they want you to see.
Replace the tree with the skyscrapers.

And, war scenes, they're either shots from actual war scenes or some 3D generated scenes. Then, integrated into the real scene.

hmmm. Interesting.
Lots of work is in involved here.
Re: How Do Fight/war Scenes In Hollywood Movies Look So Realistic? by valchris10: 4:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
Based on my study, research and experience, its really not about the CGI or visual effects, Actors take martial arts training to prepare for such roles, Stunt coordinators are also on ground. sometimes the directors are certified film stunt coordinators. Visual effects, special effects(prosthetic, explosions, smoke/fog machine) is just the icing of the cake.Van Damne's fight in films like Hard target are based on the stunt coordination, camera work, directing and most importantly,the actors martial abilities, actors Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Nikita (real name Maggie Q who was trained by Jakie chan) Jaden Smith, Shane west, Nee liasmson Do all of their stunts themselves. Hopefully i"m almost done with a script based on action/romance with lots of real a**s kicking & weaponry, like u see in Hollywood. Hope to submit entries for next years film festivals in Africa and US. I need your support Nairalanders. One Love my people.

1 Like

Re: How Do Fight/war Scenes In Hollywood Movies Look So Realistic? by ArcToyin(m): 8:56pm On Apr 27, 2015
Interesting. I will like to understand it too.
Re: How Do Fight/war Scenes In Hollywood Movies Look So Realistic? by itsValo(m): 11:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
after effect
Re: How Do Fight/war Scenes In Hollywood Movies Look So Realistic? by femzysticks(m): 10:32pm On Apr 29, 2015
What about the kiss and sex scenes
Are they generated too?

(1) (Reply)

Ideas On How To Make Pics Look Like Cartoons / Awesome Photographic tricks / Mxit Graphics: Wall Papers 4 Downloads: U Cant Beat It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.