Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador (35692 Views)

South African Commenters Insult Nigerians Over Recall Of Ambassador / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
Na talk be that?
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by andyanders: 5:23pm On Apr 26, 2015
olu77:

You are right. What is the sense in recalling him? Is he at risk of attack? Who will Nigerians left there look up to?

It is right to recall them because this killing of even a soul cannot be washed away.Let it be known all over the world that killing of a single foreigner can destroy the relationship between those countries. If a single life of an American is lost in a foreign country through such been perpetrated by South Africans, America can declare war.

It is because we do not value life here in this part of the world,hence your response.
Yes it is right to recall them as a warning to those idd--iots who never knew how much Nigeria wasted on them.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
osystein:

the problem is that each time a foreigner gets attacked for whatever reason, its automatically attributed to xenophobia. There was a zim women found dead recently, it was attributed to xenophobia, untill it came out that her zim boyfriend was behind the killing.

what about the SA women who was recently killed by her Malawian boyfriend,and cut to pieces, is that xenophobia? The killer might even be a fellow Zim.

SA has a high murder rate, foreigners will also be victims and perpetrator.

is this xenophobic?

A group of 400 residents picketed outside the Cala magistrate's court morning where Rendy Ussen of Malawi stands accused of killing his girlfriend.

http://www.heraldlive.co.za/protest-malawian-man-appears-murder-charge/
yes the crime rate is high but don't rule out the fact that the country has a number of xenophobic elements.. my friend was stabbed in PE 2 months ago for crying out loud.. why? He's Nigerian, they thought he sells drugs

Visit their forums and see how they speak ill of foreigners even learned individuals, guy na God dey help foreigners for SA, especially Nigerians
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by osystein(m): 5:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
iterator24:
there has been isolated attacks and the hate still lingers... a zimbabwean woman was cut into pieces this morning.

Heres another threat

http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/Xenophobic-thugs-Well-burn-you-alive-20150426

This morning.

SA is concerned about her image thats why they're not doing much

and that wasn't directed at foreigners, just people angry that the HRCSA is investigating their king.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by kuuljay(m): 5:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
na now I knw say south Africans scarce for naija. me and my guys don dey drive round for three days now just to catch one S/african and make a point.... una go hear am for news very soon
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by nbisi: 5:43pm On Apr 26, 2015
@ irunoobo how can you equate d death toll at T.B Joshua church which was collapse building n to people killing fellow blacks all in the name of Xenophobia very wrong comparison. Although we all r entitle to our opinion
Thanks
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Coolbite(m): 5:44pm On Apr 26, 2015
So so shocking. How can these people be comparing boko haram killings and the synagogue church incident with these xenophobic attacks. Madness must be smelling.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by osystein(m): 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2015
iterator24:
yes the crime rate is high but don't rule out the fact that the country has a number of xenophobic elements.. my friend was stabbed in PE 2 months ago for crying out loud.. why? He's Nigerian, they thought he sells drugs

Visit their forums and see how they speak ill of foreigners even learned individuals, guy na God dey help foreigners for SA, especially Nigerians

So what more can the SA government do, there're all these anti-xenophobia campaigns and matches attended by thousands, people have returned to their communities, there're special courts setup to deal with xenophobic crimes even the foreign organizations are happy with the government's response so far.

why recall the ambassador now?
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by luvinhubby(m): 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2015
dridowu:
I don't think recalling of the ambassador is right in the 1st place. Ambassador recalling should be the last at least till average Nigerian citizen have being evacuated from there.
From 2001 till date, there have been at least 4 different episodes of this senseless slaughter in s.a with over 250 deaths & millions of dollars of peoples sweat destroyed. The s.a govt have done little to address the root cause of the issue. Any step to drum home the import of these attacks is welcome anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by olu77(m): 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2015
andyanders:

It is right to recall them because this killing of even a soul cannot be washed away.Let it be known all over the world that killing of a single foreigner can destroy the relationship between those countries. If a single life of an American is lost in a foreign country through such been perpetrated by South Africans, America can declare war.

It is because we do not value life here in this part of the world,hence your response.
Yes it is right to recall them as a warning to those idd--iots who never knew how much Nigeria wasted on them.

I value life more than you can imagine and I have nothing against rescuing all nigerian citizens in South Africa. The point is recalling only the ambassador while other powerless citizens (who are the real victims) are left behind doesn't make sense to me.

Note: I already learnt that the purpose of recalling the ambassador is to discuss way out which is a good thing to do.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by PhockPhockMan: 5:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
dridowu:
I don't think recalling of the ambassador is right in the 1st place. Ambassador recalling should be the last at least till average Nigerian citizen have being evacuated from there.

You didn't understand.

Nigeria has summoned Acting High Commissioner Martin Cobham along with Deputy High Commissioner Uche Ajulu-Okeke. "for consultation"
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by kinibigdeal(m): 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2015
What a brave move, I have been anticipating for this, with comment's from social media, Nigerians were the major target of xenophobic attacks and not the scape goat countries, they are jealous of the sporadic success of nigerians in their country, I can't believe what I read online from south Africans they said "Nigerians came to SA with nothing and they most go with nothing, some even said, their education is poor, nigerians come with a skills from their country and dominate every sector with their skills while we remain unskilled" others said "most clubs in SA are owned by Nigerians, they don't allow us in because we cannot afford the money for drinks, they only allow nigerian like them while they collect our girl friends, I have no pity If they are eradicated from our country. For Nigeria to recall our ambassador is a great move, SA government have been frustrating our government for decade's, we try to purchase arm from them to fight bokoharam, they seize our money refusing us arm and blowing up propaganda "and they call us brothers". SA has always been against Nigeria at the UN, whenever we try to occupy the UN sit "and they say we are brothers". Enough is enough, they need us more than we need them, more than 300 of their business is in Nigeria, from oil sector to other sectors, yet they are blabbing! When MTN threatened to sack 6000 Nigerian workers I smartly smile, what an empty threat "How many of those 6000 are real staffs? Am pretty sure they counted those adhoc-offices o registration centres, Nigerians have nothing to fear, MTN will remain, our government will only raise two Nigeria billionaires to buy the company and pay them off while we either change the name or it remain! So who lose? Where in any part of this world can they have 45million subscribers when their own population is just around 60million. We need to prove to them that we remain giant of africa while they go to hell!!!

6 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Brightology2(m): 5:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=18pt] undecided

i think SA govt is right. Nigeria goofed by calling the Ambassador. When SA citizens were killed in TB joshua's building that collapse, did they call their ambasador? smh[/size]
expected of a typical woman brain.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by ohenhen1: 5:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
Normal practice to recall the ambassador when your citizens are been attacked in another country.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Bonapart(m): 6:16pm On Apr 26, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=18pt] undecided

i think SA govt is right. Nigeria goofed by calling the Ambassador. When SA citizens were killed in TB joshua's building that collapse, did they call their ambasador? smh[/size]
you must be a fool to compare an accident to this...
You're brainless...
Hediot
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by samtol4(m): 6:21pm On Apr 26, 2015
The recall is perfect ...For students of International relations the recall of High commissioner is a diplomatic move to show your displeasure or compel another country to listen to your request. After several meetings with High commissioners of different countries ,the SA government kept talking about evacuation process of those who are now in refuge camp in Chatsworth instead of re_integrating .. The Nigerian high commissioner suggested and insisted that victims who lost properties and lives should be compensated financially but these selfish and wicked SA government won't agree.and say NO ..Even the Mozambique guy that was killed the family keep saying they don't have money to carry his body home . SA govt don't want to compromise on key issues ,They pocketed all countries unfortunately NIGERIAN High commissioner refused their offers. God bless you Madam The SA government express disappointment over the recall because the Nigerian high commissioner is not ready to compromise on key issues . .Come.May 29 when sai baba resumes duty they go know say Khaki no be leather .

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by PhockPhockMan: 6:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=18pt] undecided

i think SA govt is right. Nigeria goofed by calling the Ambassador. When SA citizens were killed in TB joshua's building that collapse, did they call their ambasador?|/b] smh[/size]
Can you compare the two situation? Building collapse is mere accident while xenophobic attack can be described as terrorism.

Nigeria has summoned Acting High Commissioner Martin Cobham along with Deputy High Commissioner Uche Ajulu-Okeke. "for [b] consultation"

What else do you want.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Okehjp(m): 6:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
What is the sense in recalling him? Is he at risk of attack? Who will Nigerians left there look up to?
Calling the ambassador home means Nigeria is displeased with South Africa and will affect bilateral relationship with south africa government
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by samtol4(m): 6:48pm On Apr 26, 2015
osystein:

So what more can the SA government do, there're all these anti-xenophobia campaigns and matches attended by thousands, people have returned to their communities, there're special courts setup to deal with xenophobic crimes even the foreign organizations are happy with the government's response so far.

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by samtol4(m): 6:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
olu77:

I value life more than you can imagine and I have nothing against rescuing all nigerian citizens in South Africa. The point is recalling only the ambassador while other powerless citizens (who are the real victims) are left behind doesn't make sense to me.

Note: I already learnt that the purpose of recalling the ambassador is to discuss way out which is a good thing to do.
Recalling all Nigerians?hahahahahha bros you are not student of International relations so you can't understand what this recall means .

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by DikSin(m): 6:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=18pt] undecided

-that was an accident, you e-diot angry
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=18pt] undecided

em not only shocked but disappointed to see this kind of comment from u.
was the building collapse planned or intentional?
did it involved burning of their properties?
so its that easy to buy their crap??
I hate SA with passion!!!

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by osystein(m): 7:10pm On Apr 26, 2015
[quote author=samtol4 post=33135946][/quote]

?? You disagree?
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by DeRay98(m): 7:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=18pt] undecided

The Ambassadors were called for consultations and not a withdrawal of Ambassadors. Beside, the death at Synagogue was an accident not due to attack. Both scenarios are not same.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by samtol4(m): 7:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
osystein:

SA government has done nothing serious .All what they are doing is stylishly deportation(evacuation) foreigners and take over their properties .70percent foreigners have their permit application pending over 2years and once they go out they won't be able to re enter again and some have houses and investment here .Bros stop saying what you don't know ""thousands have returned to their communities "This is big lie .Malawi and Mozambique government repatriate citizens and some are now in refuge camps in Chatsworth Durban. 3key questions Nigerian high commissioner demanding from SA and they are not ready to give answers .1.Pay victims of Xenophobia 2.No need to evacuate since there is calmness and if we evacuate what happen to those with pending permit application and how will they re enter ?3and what happens to their investment and properties?Evacuation is out of the way now ..some Nigerians are legally married to SA and stay up to 20years .what happens to their houses?Do you have plan for them if evacuated?Get it right Xenophobia attack happened in townships(semi town) not main town(CBD).Nigerians don't stay in such places .
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by vikyno(m): 7:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
stronger:
Obanikoro is the minister of foreign affairs in charge of Africa! I am not surprised about his handling of this. . a rogue will always be a rogue.

Now that he has withdrawn the envoys, who will be there to see to the welfare of the Nigerians that are still there? Dumb move!

The SA government just shaded us referring to the "outgoing government" and that they will discuss with the "new administration in a few weeks". . Kai! Shade!! grin grin grin

Must you always bring politics to every forum or discussion? This is a National issue that concerns us all. It called for a rapt attention so as to send a strong message to the outside word that we don't tolerate rubbish.
Obanikoro cannot just act irrationally as a minister over this issue. Don't forget he has been an ambassador in the past. He thus a good knowledge and experience to deal with this .

If you don't know anything about diplomacy, why don't you just refrain from spewing trash and just simply read through reasonable comments thus learning from it.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by osystein(m): 7:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
samtol4:
SA government has done nothing serious .All what they are doing is stylishly deportation(evacuation) foreigners and take over their properties .70percent foreigners have their permit application pending over 2years and once they go out they won't be able to re enter again and some have houses and investment here .Bros stop saying what you don't know ""thousands have returned to their communities "This is big lie .Malawi and Mozambique government repatriate citizens and some are now in refuge camps in Chatsworth Durban. 3key questions Nigerian high commissioner demanding from SA and they are not ready to give answers .1.Pay victims of Xenophobia 2.No need to evacuate since there is calmness and if we evacuate what happen to those with pending permit application and how will they re enter ?3and what happens to their investment and properties?Evacuation is out of the way now ..some Nigerians are legally married to SA and stay up to 20years .what happens to their houses?Do you have plan for them if evacuated?Get it right Xenophobia attack happened in townships(semi town) not main town(CBD).Nigerians don't stay in such places .

I get you, but from what I've been reading the government doesn't want to repatriate any body, many people have returned to their communities and the Nigerians who lost some property were going to be compensated according to Obanikoro. Seems you know more than what's been reported on the news, so I won't argue with you. Thanku.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
The most annoying thing about these attacks is the people of South Africa don't have any remorse about them. Many still go about with impunity and claim they are right to kill the foreigners! Primitive township dwellers!

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by onoja12: 7:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
which of the common men,the one who which to travel to south Africa or the one who has just lost million and loved once

dridowu:
read my post again then you will know that I am defending the common man like me. I repeat read and digest my previous post again
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by samtol4(m): 8:11pm On Apr 26, 2015
The problem in SA is complex and like time bomb .In a country where 70percent are brought up by grandmothers and some don't even know their fathers talkless of fatherly care and parental upbringing .Family values in SA is zero .To average SA having many kids is an achievement and preferable to marriage.To them marriage is bondage and stress so they prefer having many kids without parental care . Societies without family values are bound to have Xenophobia. The kids grow up believing that government must provide all things and when government don't ....they blame foreigners for everything . Thank God they didn't blame us for their HIV and RAPE cases .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump / Russia Attacks Kramatorsk Train Station In Ukraine, 39 People Killed / Ukrainian Forces Have Retaken Control Of Mykolaiv Airport.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.