Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,680 members, 7,823,919 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu (1259 Views)

Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award / Nigerians Have Nothing To Fear Over Buhari, Says Audu / Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by Monogamy: 4:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
Former Kogi State Governor, Abubakar Audu has said that President Goodluck Jonathan deserves the prestigious Nobel peace prize following his acceptance of electoral defeat and subsequent congratulatory call to the president-elect, General Mohammadu Buhari.
He stated that Jonathan’s action even before the official announcement of the winner of the March 28 presidential election saved Nigeria from crisis.

Audu who spoke to Journalists in Abuja at the weekend further said that even though he would not preempt Buhari’s decision, he would urge him to nominate Jonathan for the award.
Unlike other African leaders, Audu, also a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, said that Jonathan by his action has proven to the world that Nigeria would not fall a victim of disintegration as predicted by the Central Intelligence Agency, CIA, stressing that the president demonstrated unusual maturity and love for his country.

He said “I don’t want to pre-empt what Buhari can do but as far as I am concerned, President Jonathan deserves to be recommended for a noble prize for peace. You know what has been happening around Africa countries that once a leader is in position, he wants to stay put. They won’t like to relinquish position.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/jonathan-deserves-nobel-peace-prize-says-audu/#sthash.MNKv6CsF.dpuf
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by SeverusSnape(m): 4:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
He deserves it, What did Obama even do that made them award him the prize?. Jonathan saved this country from anarchy, He sure deserves it.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by socialmediaman: 4:52pm On Apr 26, 2015
Career Thieves Can't understand how people could do their jobs and depend on their salaries for a living... Career criminals also feel that those who do one single commendable thing in their lives should be crowned with sainthood...

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by arbitter: 4:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
Sure because he's the first guy to lose an election huh, Oh well they did give Obama a nobel prize so whatever.
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by Tapsorrow: 4:55pm On Apr 26, 2015
Cum giv am na...nonsense
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by SeverusSnape(m): 4:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
Tapsorrow:
Cum giv am na...nonsense
If they give him, please leap into the lagoon.
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 4:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
should we then call it celebration of failure
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
Abubakar Audu is the first person Buhari Has to make a scapegoat in APC.He is the most shameless and most unrepentant thief. If buhari does'nt prosecute him he might lose my support.
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
They should stop this Nobel Laurel/Statesmanship nonsense. Its becoming irritating and unfashionable. What's so special in losing and congratulating the winner? Sportsmen do it everyday, millions of people around the world do it in their everyday lives. What would he have done? If he didn't congratulate the winner, it won't still stop the Winner from been the winner. He tried by calling buharı, it was kodak moment and we appreciated it . However it shouldn't be flogged further hence it loses its value.
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by baybeeboi: 5:03pm On Apr 26, 2015
and some Buharists will want to crucify this Man
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by SeverusSnape(m): 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2015
sanky346:
They should stop this Nobel Laurel/Statesmanship nonsense. Its becoming irritating and unfashionable. What's so special in losing and congratulating the winner? Sportsmen do it everyday, millions of people around the world do it in their everyday lives. What would he have done? If he didn't congratulate the winner, it won't still stop the Winner from been the winner. He tried by calling buharı, it was kodak moment and we appreciated it . However it shouldn't be flogged further hence it loses its value.
Bros, Stop hating, He deserves it simple. How many times do you see African leaders conceading defeat so easily?... some of you were already saying "He'll be Gbagboed out of office" , But those anarchists were disappointed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by Sweetguy25: 5:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
He's a weakling. Yes, I'm his supporter but I'm sick of the peace bullshit.
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by brownlord: 5:18pm On Apr 26, 2015
sanky346:

Over 800 Nigerians including innocent youth corpers lost their life in 2011 for same purpose.

Watya gona say?
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 26, 2015
I think we don't even know what the Nobel Prize for Peace means. You think its just something they dish out on account of a one minute phone call because you lost an election. Fayemi did it in Ekiti long ago and his own was even through a stateswide broadcast not a one minute phone call. Am not under appreciating the gesture of Jonathan, it was a great act. But talking of nobel prize is an insult on the laureate body
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
socialmediaman:
Career Thieves Can't understand how people could do their jobs and depend on their salaries for a living... Career criminals also feel that those who do one single commendable thing in their lives should be crowned with sainthood...
Abubabakar Audu case with EFCC is one of the worst this man greed for properties in the United States is unbelievable. Buhari should quickly purge him he ran to APC for cover. for his corruption atrocities
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by deltalife(m): 5:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
dutchjongen:
Abubakar Audu is the first person Buhari Has to make a scapegoat in APC.He is the most shameless and most unrepentant thief. If buhari does'nt prosecute him he might lose my support.

Buhari has won election and doesn't need ur support anymore. Stop playing sycophant

Jona doesn't deserve any award. Although he did recorded many achievement, he was weak in many common sense areas. He wasn't God fearing!
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
Jonathan is at pole position to clinch this year's nobel peace prize and Mo Ibrahim Africa Leadership Award.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
deltalife:

Buhari has won election and doesn't need ur support anymore. Stop playing sycophant

Jona doesn't deserve any award. Although he did recorded many achievement, he was weak in many common sense areas. He wasn't God fearing!
Goodluck Jonathan does'nt deserve any Noble Prize it's is for people with noble charcters. By the time revelations from NNPC come out people will be advocating for him to be awarded the Nobel prize of thievery.
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by ifyan(m): 5:39pm On Apr 26, 2015
SeverusSnape:
He deserves it, What did Obama even do that made them award him the prize?. Jonathan saved this country from anarchy, He sure deserves it.

Supported.

His action averted the flow of blood.

But let's us not be quick to c.........

You know. ......

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by Firefire(m): 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2015
Interesting...
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by ifyan(m): 5:45pm On Apr 26, 2015
sanky346:

I don't think you are conversant with Africa politics.

Two election is over stop the hate towards the President besides he has shown countless number of times he wants Nigeria to progress by showing sportsmanship towards the President Elect.

Please stop the hate it wouldn't do you any good.

One love bro and everyone.

Happy Sunday.

You know. ....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by Ymodulus: 6:07pm On Apr 26, 2015
Typing

The way some so call politicians go around and make statements, I am forced to ask myself if they reason at all. How can Abubakar Audu make such a stupid statement?! I am forced to say this, but its advisable Abubakar Audu takes his brains out of the gutter. As Jonathan will never be even nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.
Noble peace price is not like the one given to Abacha.
Nobel peace prize winners are selected on the bases of merit. Jonathan lost elections and have to make way for the winner. Nothing new there unless he want to spend the rest of his days at the ICC like his wife has been working very hard for. If you want to campaign for anyone who has lost elections in Africa and called his rival to concede defeat then the Nobel prize should go to Abdoulaye Wade of Senegal. He lost and conceded in 2012.

Audu should not talk than talk and make a fool of himself. I rest my case
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by sammyj: 6:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
Story for the gods !!!
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
barcanista:
Jonathan is at pole position to clinch this year's nobel peace prize and Mo Ibrahim Africa Leadership Award.
He can't win Mo Ibrahim award for QUALITY leadership; emphasis on quaaaaaliiiiiiity! If only you know how he's perceived outside the country. Sentiments will not finish una for this side of the divide. Barcanista oh Barcanista. I SMH for you. Okay, bye.
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by PassingShot(m): 7:32pm On Apr 26, 2015
What should be the norm (to concede defeat in an election you've lost) is now seen as an exceptional act in our society. This only tells how much we have become used to absurdity.
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
PassingShot:
What should be the norm (to concede defeat in an election you've lost) is now seen as an exceptional act in our society. This only tells how much we have become used to absurdity.

I disagree with you sir. Of not for anything else, for the peace and stability in the country, GEJ deserves some huge credit. .....You recall how many persons lost their lives in 2011 when your saint refused to concede defeat in the face of defeat! !!!
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by PassingShot(m): 7:47pm On Apr 26, 2015
dearpreye:

I disagree with you sir. Of not for anything else, for the peace and stability in the country, GEJ deserves some huge credit. .....You recall how many persons lost their lives in 2011 when your saint refused to concede defeat in the face of defeat! !!!

If we were used to politicians conceding defeat, would his have been a biggie?

And what is unusual in Buhari choosing to contest election outcome in the court of law when he felt he was rigged out? Or do you have any evidence he incited violence?

Lastly, I have ccommended GEJ for conceding defeat even b4 the final results were announced here: https://www.nairaland.com/2230335/buharis-victory-big-winners-big
But to argue that he deserves a Nobel Prize for that act which should be the norm is the height of mediocrity.
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by socialmediaman: 7:49pm On Apr 26, 2015
Sweetguy25:
He's a weakling. Yes, I'm his supporter but I'm sick of the peace bullshit.

Lol. You sound so much like PA to mama Peace
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 26, 2015
PassingShot:

If we were used to politicians conceding defeat, would his have been a biggie?

And what is unusual in Buhari choosing to contest election outcome in the court of law when he felt he was rigged out? Or do you have any evidence he incited violence?

Lastly, I have ccommended GEJ for conceding defeat even b4 the final results were announced here: https://www.nairaland.com/2230335/buharis-victory-big-winners-big
But to argue that he deserves a Nobel Prize for that act which should be the norm is the height of mediocrity.

Ehhnn! That we aren't used to politicians conceding defeat makes GEJ'S case more outstanding.

As for GMB, if he had conceded defeat, and has put through a call to GEJ, there won't have been bloodshed and violence! We know that!

But seriously, and sincerely, Nobel Prize is way off shaaa
Re: Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu by PassingShot(m): 8:06am On Apr 27, 2015
dearpreye:

Ehhnn! That we aren't used to politicians conceding defeat makes GEJ'S case more outstanding.

As for GMB, if he had conceded defeat, and has put through a call to GEJ, there won't have been bloodshed and violence! We know that!

But seriously, and sincerely, Nobel Prize is way off shaaa

The unfortunate incident of 2011 was quite different from the scenario we faced in 2015.

In 2011, the post election violence was not pre-empted neither was it expected by anyone; not even the Western media. It had never been recorded prior to then and as such no one was really prepared for it. So, you cannot blame GMB or any other person for that.

In 2015, we had the incident of 2011 as a precedent and learning point and that informed all the efforts put in place to forestall a repeat of 2011. I am sure if GMB had lost, he would have surely asked his teeming supporters to refrain from unlawful acts as he did during the campaign. The worst he would have done would be to head to courts if he felt cheated.

GMB proved during the campaign that he is capable of exercising a lot of restraints by not responding to any of the despicable personal attacks thrown at him by GEJ/PDP.

I commend GEJ not because he conceded but for doing so while the final results were still being collated.

Good you agree that it's not worth a call for an award of a Nobel Peace Prize.

(1) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila And Doganra Emmarge As Speaker Of The House / Tempted To Touch! The Price Of Office Romance: Story About A Girl And Her Boss.. / Buhari To Personally Probe Sale Of NITEL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.