Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Is God Male Or Female? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Male Or Female? (1569 Views)

Is God Male Or Female / (evidence) Is God Male Or Female? / Is God Male Or Female? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Male Or Female? by Jbenue: 6:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
I always used to ponder on this paricular topic in my youth is God male or female.
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
Jbenue:
I always used to ponder on this paricular topic in my youth is God male or female.

Neither. G-d is a spirit; genderless.

The HE used in the bible reflects the masculine culture of the biblical era. Nothing more.

Plus, it follows, they would use HE because G-d created Adam first; and from his rib, Eve was made.

2 Likes

Re: Is God Male Or Female? by Orunto: 6:46pm On Apr 26, 2015
God is Spirit and Total summation of all Creations.

1 Like

Re: Is God Male Or Female? by Jbenue: 8:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
Xiadnat:

Neither. G-d is a spirit; genderless.

The HE used in the bible reflects the masculine culture of the biblical era. Nothing more.

Plus, it follows, they would use HE because G-d created Adam first; and from his rib, Eve was made.

thanks
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
Man knows "god" as both "male" and "female" for "it" as in "god" is know by man as both "he" and "she" or "babes" or "baby" for "females" produce where "males" have "power" as in "mother" nature "produces" as in most of all the "living" come from the "female" but a "male" is required , now modern "man" lives on earth by the sense of a "female" phenomenon mostly know as "she" and the reason for that is because we "mine" there for a "hole" is created and "man" would bitterly be the "seaman" of the "earth" to produce the "man" made things that we call "she" that come from "her" made by "him", understand or standunder with "them" for the parables of "mine"
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by johnw74: 10:42am On Apr 27, 2015
God is neither male or female as far as spirit goes, which has no gender, but God has personality, and he is described all through the bible as male:
Father, Son, He, Him etc.
Plus God became man.
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by Emteebee(m): 12:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
I hope God is woman. Since jesus didn't get a chick on earth, at least he might not miss out in getting some heavenly p.u.ss.y
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
johnw74:

God is neither male or female as far as spirit goes, which has no gender, but God has personality, and he is described all through the bible as male:
Father, Son, He, Him etc.
Plus God became man.
you will find in "nature" there is no "living" with out "both" "male" and "female" for with out "female" there's no "male" and with out "male" there's no "female" a "rock" is neither "both" but threw "man's" "doings" "WE" as in a "FEW" "MEN" have "CREATED" a "PHENOMINON" known as a "FEMALE" like as in "SHE" now we know man made things are known as "she's" now there's "some" that are like a "bride adorned" for the "groom" for these parables of "mine"
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by NumberOne2(m): 3:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
"Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven." - Matthew 22:29 - 30

If you start reading from vs 23 you will know why Jesus made that statement.
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by sonmvayina(m): 3:29pm On Apr 27, 2015
For those who care to listen...Elohim is plural and it means both god and goddess.....
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by johnw74: 12:59am On Apr 28, 2015
sonmvayina:
For those who care to listen...Elohim is plural and it means both god and goddess.....

Elohim is plural and means God but it doesn't mean goddess.

Elohim is plural because God, is God and the Word, two persons that are the One God.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

The Word is with God = two persons
and the Word was God = One God.

Things are not all the same in Heaven as on Earth.

H430

אֱלֹהִים
'ĕlôhı̂ym
el-o-heem'
Plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative: - angels, X exceeding, God (gods) (-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.
Total KJV occurrences: 2601
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by johnydon22(m): 9:16am On Apr 28, 2015
Its a transgendered
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 28, 2015
The "earth" is "both" niether "male" or "female" lol wink.
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by johnydon22(m): 9:33am On Apr 28, 2015
negativecreep:
The "earth" is "both" niether "male" or "female" lol wink.

actually earth is regarded as a her, even countries!!!

the greek personification of earth is a goddess gaia. . .grin and earth is a planet tho..

Is god a planet? grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2015
shocked"He" has "become" the "plan" wink "net" lol he he he he grin.
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by malvisguy212: 10:09am On Apr 28, 2015
@op.Genesis 1:26-27
'And God said, Let us make MAN in our
image, after our likeness.... So God
created man in His own image, in the
image of God created He him; MALE AND FEMALE created He them'

God can be reffere to male or female,but the reason why God chose to revealed his identity as male is because male is created first before woman but it is no big deal if God revealed his identity as female because both MALE AND FEMALE were created in His IMAGE meaning God can be identified in both case. So man - represents MANKIND entirely - aka humanity which includes
males and females .
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
@op.Genesis 1:26-27
'And God said, Let us make MAN in our
image, after our likeness.... So God
created man in His own image, in the
image of God created He him; MALE AND FEMALE created He them'

God can be reffere to male or female,but the reason why God chose to revealed his identity as male is because male is created first before woman but it is no big deal if God revealed his identity as female because both MALE AND FEMALE were created in His IMAGE meaning God can be identified in both case. So man - represents MANKIND entirely - aka humanity which includes
males and females .
Yeah and then it wasn't long and those "bloody" "robots" started "shooting" back at us shocked.
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by malvisguy212: 10:31am On Apr 28, 2015
negativecreep:
Yeah and then it wasn't long and those "bloody" "robots" started "shooting" back at us shocked.
I don't understand what you mean here.
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
I don't understand what you mean here.
"its" something of "understanding" either u do or u don't as said "seek" and u shall "find" wink.
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by malvisguy212: 11:12am On Apr 28, 2015
negativecreep:
"its" something of "understanding" either u do or u don't as said "seek" and u shall "find" wink.
thank you for your advice.

All that I seek is Jesus, which I've found.
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 28, 2015
negativecreep:
I will say this much, "he's" a "jealous" "god" he "loves" his "own" creations of "mine" and "u" ,"we" "had" the "choice" of which "path" to "take" its up to "all" of "us" if we on the "right" path, that is "if" we are on the "right" path for "either" way "we" do "see" his "material" face.
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by davien(m): 12:01pm On Apr 28, 2015
If a "male god" was the first iteration of existence then how did it know what a female is/was?... undecided

1 Like

Re: Is God Male Or Female? by malvisguy212: 12:23pm On Apr 28, 2015
negativecreep:
I will say this much, "he's" a "jealous" "god" he "loves" his "own" creations of "mine" and "u" ,"we" "had" the "choice" of which "path" to "take" its up to "all" of "us" if we on the "right" path, that is "if" we are on the "right" path for "either" way "we" do "see" his "material" face.
are you a christian or muslim? Agnostics?
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
are you a christian or muslim? Agnostics?
I am niether "its" a "matter" of "understanding" but I can tell u there "is" only "one" god , u just got to "know" who "he" is for "he" need not "speak" he "has" had those of "his" who "speak" and have "carried" the "message" one must put "ears" to "hear" these parables of "mine" but lest u "do" them for assuredly there will be weeping and wailing and gashing of teeth "understand" or "standunder" with "them" this is something u still yet to "understand" lest u "understand" already.
Re: Is God Male Or Female? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
According to the Bible, God should be hermaphrodite.
1st He created man in his own image, that means he/she has both man and woman image. 2 in 1. If you get what I mean

2nd, He has a son called jesus, but he has no wife, how did that happen? He must be hermaphrodite.

Lol.
Who cares?
He is imaginary anyways.

1 Like

Re: Is God Male Or Female? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
Peterken05:
According to the Bible, God should be hermaphrodite.
1st He created man in his own image, that means he/she has both man and woman image. 2 in 1. If you get what I mean

2nd, He has a son called jesus, but he has no wife, how did that happen? He must be hermaphrodite.

Lol.
Who cares?
He is imaginary anyways.
The reason why u say this is, because u don't "know" who "god" the "father" is for u and I are "both" sons of "his" the same as "jesus" was , should I "betray" u as much as "do u want to betray me" for u do not "understand" these parables of "mine" those who do not put "ears" to "hear" these parables of "mine" will "betray" u for as much as they have "betrayed" me so put "ears" to "hear" these parables of "mine" for assuredly I say "those" who do not "hear" or "see" "understand" they will by "no" means "see" the "father" in "heaven" but "internal damnation" in "hell" lest u "understand" or "standunder" with "them" , oh a men with "little" faith

(1) (Reply)

Presbyterian Church Of Nigeria And Reformed Presbyterian Church Of Nigeria. / Strange Miracles As Thousands Thronged Day 1 Of Tb Joshua Crusade In Korea(pics) / The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.