Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman (29371 Views)

Patrick Obahiagbon Mocks All The Trekkers Trekking For Buhari's Victory(pics) / My Victory, Not A Surprise – Buhari - PUNCH / Landslide Victory Not Feasible For PDP- Chairman Mu'azu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by ceejayluv(m): 8:21am On Apr 27, 2015
theV0ice:

Since you said it, I guess I shouldn't counter u wink
Delusion.... You should have forced them to vote buhari at suya knife-point.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 27, 2015
theV0ice:

I can see you've lost your vehemence cheesy

Could he have won if he didn't get 25% in any SW state as he didn't get in 2011?

Uve lost a large part of ur reading ability ... reread my post or tell someone to explain to u
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by mikolo80: 8:33am On Apr 27, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Buhari failed woefully in Imo state despite pulling over 100,000 votes. This is because he failed to secure 25%.

It's a known fact that Buhari failed in the South (SE, SS, SW). That's why his victory isn't a popular mandate. It's a regional mandate from the North wink. He needs to do sth about that when he assumes power.....a priceless advice.
abeg how he take fail in sw abi you n sabi maths
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by vacanci: 8:33am On Apr 27, 2015
Can you tell us who the popular winner is?
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by eagleeyez: 8:35am On Apr 27, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Buhari's victory is not a popular mandate. He never secured massive votes from Nigerians. He failed woefully in the South East (couldn't even secure 25% votes there), failed woefully in the South South and won only marginally in the South West. He never got any massive votes from the South, infact he lost in the South.

I agree with balarabe musa but your own conclusion or analysis is faulty.
There wasa massive rigging and electoion violence in those areas.
The teevised protests by people claiming they didn't vote for pdp is also to be considered.
To this end, one can't not conclusively claim buhari lost in those area infact one cannot ascertain who trully the winner would have been

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by Charly68: 8:38am On Apr 27, 2015
BUHARI mandate is not a popular mandated yet he won.. May be in 2019 you will come and enact your own popular mandate. You think it is child's play to unseat African most powerful president !
People just open mouth to talk sha:

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by theV0ice: 8:38am On Apr 27, 2015
chuna1985:

Uve lost a large part of ur reading ability ... reread my post or tell someone to explain to u

cheesy cheesy still clutching at straws

You paint a picture of the SW being irrelevant to GMB victory and I ask you if he would have won without then considering that the SE power brokers see him as a cattle rearer who musnt be voted for? Remember even gej desperately begged and bribed to get SW support wink

Try and apply some thinking to this my friend
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by theV0ice: 8:39am On Apr 27, 2015
ceejayluv:

Delusion.... You should have forced them to vote buhari at suya knife-point.

Delusion is when you think you're important and results show you're not wink

Buhari's victory showed how irrelevant the votes from that axis were wink
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by philips70(m): 8:44am On Apr 27, 2015
theV0ice:
Finally, an abok.i, a nama rearer that some people consider great wink

Balarabe Musa is someone I respect very much but what he's saying holds no water...the June 12 elections had only 14million voters. 2011 elections won by Jonathan had 36million voters. If 2015 had 28million, it isn't buhari's fault. He's not the umpire and even the umpire will not point guns to people's head to force them to go vote. Nigerians generally are apathetic to elections.

A perfect example is the rerun elections in Imo state. Out of 144000 registered voters and 113000 PVC collected, less than 50000 came out to vote....

Now, whose fault is that?

Okorocha and the APC hypnotized them to stay at home. You know this APC people and evil tongue. Balarabe Musa has a deep rooted hatred and jealousy towards Buhari. He has been saying these things even before the elections. If only he was God..
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by ceejayluv(m): 8:47am On Apr 27, 2015
theV0ice:

Delusion is when you think you're important and results show you're not wink

Buhari's victory showed how irrelevant the votes from that axis were wink
Then, quit whining....
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by theV0ice: 8:51am On Apr 27, 2015
ceejayluv:

Then, quit whining....

cheesy cheesy

Whose candidate lost? That'll give u an idea of who has taken whinning as a career
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by theV0ice: 8:54am On Apr 27, 2015
philips70:

Okorocha and the APC hypnotized them to stay at home. You know this APC people and evil tongue. Balarabe Musa has a deep rooted hatred and jealousy towards Buhari. He has been saying these things even before the elections. If only he was God..

cheesy cheesy honestly Okorocha juju strong well well

I truly like and admire balarabe musa but he has refused to let bygones be bygone. He's still bitter about being detained in 1984.

We can't change the past cry
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by jaybee(f): 8:58am On Apr 27, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Buhari's victory is not a popular mandate. He never secured massive votes from Nigerians. He failed woefully in the South East (couldn't even secure 25% votes there), failed woefully in the South South and won only marginally in the South West. He never got any massive votes from the South, infact he lost in the South.

SO THAT MEANS IT IS GOODLUCK JONATHAN THAT WON MASSIVELY IN ALL THE SIX GOEPOLITICAL ZONES!
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 27, 2015
theV0ice:

cheesy cheesy still clutching at straws

You paint a picture of the SW being irrelevant to GMB victory and I ask you if he would have won without then considering that the SE power brokers see him as a cattle rearer who musnt be voted for? Remember even gej desperately begged and bribed to get SW support wink

Try and apply some thinking to this my friend

D other guy u were struggling with is the one who u should direct ur first statement to ...

are u still sure u kno what bribe means

Reread ma post wen ur ready
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by rexzqcom(m): 9:04am On Apr 27, 2015
vacanci:
Can you tell us who the popular winner is?

A popular winner from a predetermined
Voters roll for a desire result is fake popularity.
More registered voters were disenfranchised than the total that voted. very poor election conducted by Jega.
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by 4C2215131: 9:54am On Apr 27, 2015
[quote author=ki02020 post=33145242]This man is an ode RATIO 2:4 regions is not popularity abi......that means the constitution stance is also not a popular one[/quot
*#e]
Of course the constiution is extremely un-popular.
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by 4C2215131: 9:59am On Apr 27, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:

Understandably.
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by agabaI23(m): 10:00am On Apr 27, 2015
theV0ice:

My friend, when I remember that a whole prof lost his ability to read numbers when it came to results from rivers state, then I'll trust the results from the north more.

When I remember that no single result from a single PU was known or released by INEC for almost 3 days from most of the SS and SE states, then I'm inclined to believe the results were being cooked.

When I remember the extreme violence in the SS yet rivets state having 75% voter turnout, then I an obligated to disbelieve that result
While you are remembering, I will show you this

https://www.facebook.com/hopefornigeria/videos/911824252209031/?pnref=story
This is a video of a free and fair election
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by theV0ice: 10:01am On Apr 27, 2015
chuna1985:

D other guy u were struggling with is the one who u should direct ur first statement to ...

are u still sure u kno what bribe means

Reread ma post wen ur ready

OK....I've heard u. grin
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by theV0ice: 10:02am On Apr 27, 2015
agabaI23:
While you are remembering, I will show you this

https://www.facebook.com/hopefornigeria/videos/911824252209031/?pnref=story
This is a video of a free and fair election

Don't worry. I've remembered a lot of things already and won't bother watching your video.

Now you try and remember some PDP magic wink
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by vacanci: 10:12am On Apr 27, 2015
rexzqcom:

A popular winner from a predetermined
Voters roll for a desire result is fake popularity.
More registered voters were disenfranchised than the total that voted. very poor election conducted by Jega.

Will jega force electorate out of their homes to vote? Abeg make we hear word. GMB has one. Even if everyone voted, his win margin would have increased.

If u no gree, go hug transformer.

Sai buhari.
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by Ahmeduana(m): 10:27am On Apr 27, 2015
theV0ice:

Its not the winning that poses a problem my friend.....its the brazenness of the rigging......allocating less than 5% of the votes in a whole state to GMB.

Anyway, thank God he didn't need them.....eventually wink
JUST HAS 0.1% WAS ALLOCATED TO JONATHAN IN KANO STATE, WHAT WILL YOU CALL THAT? BRAZEN RIGGING, OUTRIGHT RIGGING OR STOLED MANDATE?
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by rexzqcom(m): 10:27am On Apr 27, 2015
vacanci:

Will jega force electorate out of their homes to vote? Abeg make we hear word. GMB has one. Even if everyone voted, his win margin would have increased.

If u no gree, go hug transformer.

Sai buhari.

You can't vote without pvc.
Voters in selected areas did not get their voter cards. Result is beyond my pay grade.
Gej concided victory for buhari for peace to rein.
That does not translate to popular mandate.
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by ShowYourCertificate: 10:54am On Apr 27, 2015
focus7:
Be reminded that APC won in Kogi State guber.
No guber election was conducted in Kogi. Only House of Representatives.
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by chat2deen(m): 11:07am On Apr 27, 2015
emmykk:

people who still classify GEJ as loser should not be taken serious.

Pres. Jonathan is a wise man

Wise man indeed! He is wise because he failed Nigerian? Or wise man because he lost to GMB wit almost 3million votes?
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by theV0ice: 11:25am On Apr 27, 2015
Ahmeduana:

JUST HAS 0.1% WAS ALLOCATED TO JONATHAN IN KANO STATE, WHAT WILL YOU CALL THAT? BRAZEN RIGGING, OUTRIGHT RIGGING OR STOLED MANDATE?

Stop telling us the lies your uncles tell you

Jonathan got 11% in kano, not 0.1%

Geez angry
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by agabaI23(m): 11:30am On Apr 27, 2015
theV0ice:

Don't worry. I've remembered a lot of things already and won't bother watching your video.

Now you try and remember some PDP magic wink
You should watch the impunity in the north. You were only speculating that because there was violence result shouldn't have been. The violence was not all over. Tell me about the North East with widespread violence and the figures from there with all the violence. Should we have such numbers? Talk about the number of PVCs collected there. Bro fear God oo wink

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by theV0ice: 11:52am On Apr 27, 2015
agabaI23:
You should watch the impunity in the north. You were only speculating that because there was violence result shouldn't have been. The violence was not all over. Tell me about the North East with widespread violence and the figures from there with all the violence. Should we have such numbers? Talk about the number of PVCs collected there. Bro fear God oo wink

I'm not speculating my friend. I know chief Adube personally. an APC stalwart in obrikom, Onelga of Rivers state who was murdered with his 4 children and brother. The violence was everywhere in rivers state. Tai, Eleme, emohua, obio akpor etc

Can you mention the violence in the northeast and whom it was directed at? Also the figures in the NE show that people were still scared of BH. GMB had 446000 in Borno, 425000 in yobe, 300,000 plus in Adamawa despite the huge number of registered voters and PVC collected. Those were fertile grounds for rigging if APC wanted to.

On number of PVC collected, until we southerners realise the importance of voting, the north will always hold the ace. An average northerner no matter how illiterate or poor gets serious about voting while the southerner is more concerned with making a headway economically and would rather be at his business than 'waste' time queuing to collect PVC or voting so don't begrudge them. We make the money, they get the PVC to dictate the political trajectory of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by DonSaZz(m): 11:54am On Apr 27, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
He was almost rigged out in the south east and south south.This two regions are now politically medieval.politics of tribalism and clanishness.Buhari the new deal.
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by basilo101: 12:11pm On Apr 27, 2015
theV0ice:

When I consider the tears being shed by APGA today and the resounding victory of Okorocha, I am obligated to discoubtenance the results of march 28 in the SE and SS
will u also do same 4 sw result considering hw Fayose has wiped APC?
Re: Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman by ekika(m): 1:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
what was the population of Nigeria then?
theV0ice:
Finally, an abok.i, a nama rearer that some people consider great wink

Balarabe Musa is someone I respect very much but what he's saying holds no water...the June 12 elections had only 14million voters. 2011 elections won by Jonathan had 36million voters. If 2015 had 28million, it isn't buhari's fault. He's not the umpire and even the umpire will not point guns to people's head to force them to go vote. Nigerians generally are apathetic to elections.

A perfect example is the rerun elections in Imo state. Out of 144000 registered voters and 113000 PVC collected, less than 50000 came out to vote....

Now, whose fault is that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Barinaadaa Gbaranee Dies In Army Custody - Fyno / Diepreye Solomon Peter Alamieyeseigha Road Under Reconstruction By Julius Berger / Tribunal: INEC Presents Blurry Adeleke’s Testimonial, Oyetola Kicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.