Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,185 members, 7,853,053 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:35 AM

Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For (1365 Views)

Nigeria Must Prepare For A Possible Showdown With ISIS. / Now Buhari’s Brain Is Bracing Up - VANGUARD / Now Buhari's Brain Is Bracing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by socialmediaman: 8:57am On Apr 27, 2015
Bracing up For The New Incoming Government in Nigeria

Information they say, is power, just as Knowledge they say, is Wisdom. As Nigerians await to witness a smooth transition to a New Democratic government under the leadership of General Muhammadu Buhari, it is important that we all understand the direction our country Is expected to take for the next 4 years and beyond, probably. I wish to use this medium to highlight important areas where many of us could redirect our efforts and projections to in order to avoid possible unplanned downturn effects

Job Search
If you have lost hope of finding a job, it Is time to dust your CVs again and resume your search. Identify skill areas lacking in your prospective job search and work on them. With the expected investment in the construction industry, oil and gas, and energy sector, engineers and related professionals, project managers are expected to witness employment boost. Government is also expected to invest heavily in agricultural development, it is important that we understand meaningful ways of benefitting from this sector of the economy. Do some research and understand what opportunities lie in the Agric industry, and Start developing an idea which could be funded by expected government empowerment programmes. For transfer job seekers, be careful about your quest to transfer your employment from the private to the public sector in search of "job security". The incoming government may seek ways of pruning down its current idle workforce. Citing examples in the UK and the U.S. where former government staff lost their jobs due to sold off or privatized government establishments, it is only wise to determine how relevant your skill set is for the job you seek in the public sector. If you're considering paying for a job offer with the ministries or parastatals, be very careful, there is a report under the table of government to scrap many government agencies.

Investment
While investment in the real sector is very profitable, it is only wise to trade cautiously as this sector is currently overpriced in cities like Abuja. Being that corruption has been fueling investment in this sector, massive acquisitions of choice properties by government employees will likely come to a sudden halt under the incoming government.

Education and Career Development
Nigeria as a nation is developing, so should your education. In every developed society in the world, there are some key areas which drive the economy: the Food and Agric industry, the Health industry, the Technology industry, the engineering and Construction industry, the Finance industry etc. this is definitely going to replicate itself in Nigeria, and you should brace yourself to be relevant in any of these sectors. If your current CV boasts of just a bachelors degree in a non-core course field, that may well end you up with cab driving in the near future. Engage in short term and semi long term training courses which are skill oriented. And if you're currently in the Sales industry, do not wish it away, more service companies will spring up that need your experience and skill

Business Management
Are you currently evading tax? Are you currently running a business that does not factor in tax deductions? Are you currently planning or drawing a business plan that does not factor in taxes? Tax evasion is a serious crime all over the world. Not only are you endangering yourself in Terms of going to jail, but you are also endangering your business and your employees because when the actual taxes start getting deducted, you are likely to risk the survival of your business due to diminished profits. In Celine Dion's words herself, "Rain and Tax" are inevitable. Be rest assured that Nigeria is likely going to witness more tax reforms that will see the government chasing after every kobo it needs to develop the society.

Also, if you're employed with any organization that pays you without a summary of your income tax deductions, be mindful that such organization may be in the habit of tax evasion.

This summary is by no means an exhaustive "shopping list" of what to brace up for, going into the next democratic dispensation under the incoming government, but it is an insight to what you must plan for the next 4 years and beyond. Nigeria is a fast moving train and you better hop in and find yourself a spot. Thanks for reading.

- SocialMediaMan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by samutd4u(m): 9:02am On Apr 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by SultanSnow(m): 9:11am On Apr 27, 2015
Make I tender with my c.v be that hahahahaha first to comment
Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by Chimarto: 9:12am On Apr 27, 2015
Education
Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 27, 2015
All I know is that there is hope in buhari than gej,buhari looks more like a president.gej resembles a pot bellied she male

1 Like

Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 27, 2015
Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by Basildvalour(m): 9:21am On Apr 27, 2015
Heartbreaks are imminent because of the burden of high hopes we have given our hearts to carry about the incoming government

I'll advise we take things easy and as they unfold

God Help us
Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by socialmediaman: 9:31am On Apr 27, 2015
It's highly advisable to develop a plan for the next dispensation. Not just a plan, but also a plan B. People who fail later come out to think there is supernatural force that suddenly encountered them. Being informed and staying in line of trends is very important

Basildvalour:
Heartbreaks are imminent because of the burden of high hopes we have given our hearts to carry about the incoming government

I'll advise we take things easy and as they unfold

God Help us
Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by bolaino(m): 9:38am On Apr 27, 2015
Thank You for giving us this wonderful piece of Information. I hope and pray That General Buhari, gives Corruption a Serious beating.
Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by socialmediaman: 9:45am On Apr 27, 2015
You're welcome bro. Change will definitely come to those who wish and prepare for it, not everyone will experience it though. Even in the US you still see people begging for food at the malls and streets despite opportunities available everyday.

bolaino:
Thank You for giving us this wonderful piece of Information. I hope and pray That General Buhari, gives Corruption a Serious beating.

1 Like

Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by bolaino(m): 9:49am On Apr 27, 2015
socialmediaman:
You're welcome bro. Change will definitely come to those who wish and prepare for it, not everyone will experience it though. Even in the US you still see people begging for food at the malls and other streets despite opportunities available everyday.

True, Rome wasn't built in a Day, we will get there. I know this Deep in my heart, even if I am not alive to witness it, I know my wards would reap the benefits of The hard work and diligence of their Guardian, Once again Thank you for Sharing with us, tips that will make Life a little easy for The law abiding Nigerians in years to come.
Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by Sweetguy25: 9:54am On Apr 27, 2015
LoL. And under what government policy statements or manifesto was this gibberish based on?
Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by socialmediaman: 10:05am On Apr 27, 2015
I know where you belong. The problem is, even if you had the privilege of conceiving this article, you wouldn't let the good people of Nigeria have it, because you so wish the government fails so your party may have hope of resurrection.

Okay, maybe you didn't know that the incoming government has stated its position to continue the government's investment in the Agric sector and also give priority to rail transport. Well, I know you're just playing "critic"

Sweetguy25:
LoL. And under what government policy statements or manifesto was this gibberish based on?
Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by Sweetguy25: 10:22am On Apr 27, 2015
socialmediaman:
I know where you belong. The problem is, even if you had the privilege of conceiving this article, you wouldn't let the good people of Nigeria have it, because you so wish the government fails so your party may have hope of resurrection.

Okay, maybe you didn't know that the incoming government has stated its position to continue the government's investment in the Agric sector and also give priority to rail transport. Well, I know you're just playing "critic"

I also know where you belong, a group of "delusionists" who believe that Nigeria's fortunes will change overnight once Buhari assumes the seat of power, not minding that the factors that has held the country down are likely to remain constant over the next four years.

In terms of enabling business development, entrepreneurship and job creation. GEJ will still be miles ahead of Buhari even in the next four years.
Anybody who didn't take advantage of the entrepreneurship friendly policies and programs of GEJ's administration but is expecting the statist government of Buhari to provide or continue such opportunities will be shooting himself in the foot.

1 Like

Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by socialmediaman: 10:28am On Apr 27, 2015
Bros, take it easy, this thread is non-partisan. I am no party person though, I believe in individual merit whichever party you belong. Every serious minded person who doesnt already have a plan will benefit immensely from it. Just like new administrators are changed when a new government comes in, new opportunities are also created when a new government comes to play.

Sweetguy25:

I also know where you belong, a group of "delusionists" who believe that Nigeria's fortunes will change overnight once Buhari assumes the seat of power, not minding that the factors that has held the country down are likely to remain constant over the next four years.

In terms of enabling business development, entrepreneurship and job creation. GEJ will still be miles ahead of Buhari even in the next four years.
Anybody who didn't take advantage of the entrepreneurship friendly policies and programs of GEJ's administration but is expecting the statist government of Buhari to provide or continue such opportunities will be shooting himself in the foot.

Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by socialmediaman: 10:54am On Apr 27, 2015
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by tucky200(m): 11:00am On Apr 27, 2015
Hmmmm.....mehn I just can't wait to start hearing so so governor/minister/senator has been arrested for looting...would be fun grin
Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by doctokwus: 11:20am On Apr 27, 2015
Sweetguy25:

GEJ is a mistake that shouldn't have happened in d first place if baba Iyabo hadn't been too entrapped in his self acclaimed wisdom,so stop comparing him to any other president,least being GMB.
@topic,nice write up.Its very few countries that have such very high hopes and trust in a leader. Everyone has to play his/her positive part for GMB to fulfil our hopes and aspirations.
Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by bjdon: 11:44am On Apr 27, 2015
socialmediaman:

Information they say, is power, just as Knowledge they say, is Wisdom. As Nigerians await to witness a smooth transition to a New Democratic government under the leadership of General Muhammadu Buhari, it is important that we all understand the direction our country Is expected to take for the next 4 years and beyond, probably. I wish to use this medium to highlight important areas where many of us could redirect our efforts and projections to in order to avoid possible unplanned downturn effects

Job Search
If you have lost hope of finding a job, it Is time to dust your CVs again and resume your search. Identify skill areas lacking in your prospective job search and work on them. With the expected investment in the construction industry, oil and gas, and energy sector, engineers and related professionals, project managers are expected to witness employment boost. Government is also expected to invest heavily in agricultural development, it is important that we understand meaningful ways of benefitting from this sector of the economy. Do some research and understand what opportunities lie in the Agric industry, and Start developing an idea which could be funded by expected government empowerment programmes. For transfer job seekers, be careful about your quest to transfer your employment from the private to the public sector in search of "job security". The incoming government may seek ways of pruning down its current idle workforce. Citing examples in the UK and the U.S. where former government staff lost their jobs due to sold off or privatized government establishments, it is only wise to determine how relevant your skill set is for the job you seek in the public sector. If you're considering paying for a job offer with the ministries or parastatals, be very careful, there is a report under the table of government to scrap many government agencies.

Investment
While investment in the real sector is very profitable, it is only wise to trade cautiously as this sector is currently overpriced in cities like Abuja. Being that corruption has been fueling investment in this sector, massive acquisitions of choice properties by government employees will likely come to a sudden halt under the incoming government.

Nigeria as a nation is developing, so should your education. In every developed society in the world, there are some key areas which drive the economy: the Food and Agric industry, the Health industry, the Technology industry, the engineering and Construction industry, the Finance industry etc. this is definitely going to replicate itself in Nigeria, and you should brace yourself to be relevant in any of these sectors. If your current CV boasts of just a bachelors degree in a non-core course field, that may well end you up with cab driving in the near future. Engage in short term and semi long term training courses which are skill oriented. And if you're currently in the Sales industry, do not wish it away, more service companies will spring up that need your experience and skill

Business Management
Are you currently evading tax? Are you currently running a business that does not factor in tax deductions? Are you currently planning or drawing a business plan that does not factor in taxes? Tax evasion is a serious crime all over the world. Not only are you endangering yourself in Terms of going to jail, but you are also endangering your business and your employees because when the actual taxes start getting deducted, you are likely to risk the survival of your business due to diminished profits. In Celine Dion's words herself, "Rain and Tax" are inevitable. Be rest assured that Nigeria is likely going to witness more tax reforms that will see the government chasing after every kobo it needs to develop the society.

Also, if you're employed with any organization that pays you without a summary of your income tax deductions, be mindful that such organization may be in the habit of tax evasion.

This summary is by no means an exhaustive "shopping list" of what to brace up for, going into the next democratic dispensation under the incoming government, but it is an insight to what you must plan for the next 4 years and beyond. Nigeria is a fast moving train and you better hop in and find yourself a spot. Thanks for reading.

- SocialMediaMan

You may be to young to remember the last Buhari govt (Like a majority of people on NL) let me assure you it was a period of high UNEMPLOYMENT. Companies were shutting down left, right and center. So many people seem to think Buhari will just enter on May 29th and come May 30th the economy will be super charged and there will be well paying jobs for all. Dream on
Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 27, 2015
socialmediaman:

Job Search

Investment

Business Management

- SocialMediaMan

brace up for more you look and less you see

they sang the same change song before when i was 4 years

.the song goes like changi shagari changi shagari from ancient A P C
Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by warrior01: 12:00pm On Apr 27, 2015
socialmediaman:

Job Search

Investment

Business Management

- SocialMediaMan

Op, how old are you? I wish I can share in your innocent enthusiasm but take a cue from your history, it is the same people, the same method etc. calling for a welfarist economy in this period of our history will take us back . I just pray they continue with most of Gej's economic policies and more so, put a stop to fuel subsidy and invest in infrastructures to spur development

1 Like

Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by socialmediaman: 12:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
i guess you just want to give the impression that this government has nothing to offer Nigerians. Do you think that even with the one of the widely acclaimed worst government experienced in Abia state, people who tuned themselves in line with the government didn't benefit? The opportunities are always there, depending on which direction you take. OBJ's government came and created jobs in the banking and telecom sector, GEJ's govt towed a different direction, empowering small business owners and Agric enthusiasts, Buhari's government will empower people too, only if you're aligned with its government's policies. So please let's stop creating this unnecessary impression that this government will impoverish Nigerians. This is so wrong! This government will empower people, come back 1 year later and visit this thread, I believe your comments will be different

warrior01:

Op, how old are you? I wish I can share in your innocent enthusiasm but take a cue from your history, it is the same people, the same method etc. calling for a welfarist economy in this period of our history will take us back . I just pray they continue with most of Gej's economic policies and more so, put a stop to fuel subsidy and invest in infrastructures to spur development
Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by socialmediaman: 12:41pm On Apr 27, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:

brace up for more you look and less you see

they sang the same change song before when i was 4 years

.the song goes like changi shagari changi shagari from ancient A P C

I would rather brace up for "the more I make good plans, the more successful I become" you may however brace up for "the more you look the less you see" Goodluck sir
Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
socialmediaman:

I would rather brace up for "the more I make good plans, the more successful I become" you may however brace up for "the more you look the less you see" Goodluck sir

grin grin grin grin i hope so ooo

i hope he start WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE with probing all the retired major General from 1967 t0 2015 .

then i will walk / trek from maidguri to badagary for gmb .

by then i will take him serious and apologize for delta state major nzeogwu trigger on sarduana .
Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by Kolade354(m): 12:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Friendly Policy? Subsidy removal and its effect on common man is friendly ryt?
Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by iriseict: 12:58pm On Apr 27, 2015
http:///1Jv4Nle

SMS can help your business improve its current communications by delivering unique, timely information to prospects and customers, wherever they are. Many businesses already successfully use SMS to engage, sell, support and notify their contacts.
But there’s also now a powerful SMS service that businesses can operate with anytime, anywhere, via a simple, mobile optimised, website, @ www.good4usms.com.
This powerful solution means that you can reach your contacts at any time, wherever they are, to provide an easy and convenient business transaction. Join Us.
Re: Bracing Up For The Incoming Goverment - Things You Must Prepare For by socialmediaman: 12:29am On Apr 28, 2015
tucky200:
Hmmmm.....mehn I just can't wait to start hearing so so governor/minister/senator has been arrested for looting...would be fun grin

Lol.

(1) (Reply)

People Quickly Forget The Contribution Of Tinubu To Emergence Of Buhari / Twelve(12) Senators Will Die Before The End Of 2015-Abuja Prophet / I Chose Yar'adua Because Others Were Corrupt - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.