Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,186 members, 7,815,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia (3094 Views)

See The Mysterious Sea Creature Which Washed Up On The Coast Of Indonesia Video / National Grazing Reserve; URGENT ACTION NEEDED / Think And Thank God...stop The Worries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by mcdokwe(m): 8:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
Dear Nairalanders Please Join the Amnesty International to mount international pressure on the Indonesian government to halt the execution.

'Firing Squad Wall', an etching by Robert Priseman.

Dear Chidiebere,
We may have just 24 hours before nine people could
be executed by the authorities in Indonesia. Please
help us to stop this injustice before it's allowed to
happen.
All nine prisoners have been tried for drug
trafficking, a crime which does not meet the
threshold of the "most serious crimes" for which the death penalty can be imposed under international law. Some of their sentences were imposed in proceedings that did not respect fair trials safeguards.

The death penalty is the ultimate cruel, inhuman and degrading punishment and violates the right to life.

Help us stop these executions:
mailto:dumas@setneg.go.id?
subject=Stop the
executions in Indonesia

&body=

Dear President, I urge you to immediately halt plans to
execute death row prisoners. Also respectfully ask that you establish a moratorium on all executions with a view to abolishing the death penalty and to commute all death sentences to terms of imprisonment. As of today, 140 countries have now abolished the death penalty completely in law or practice.
Your country's decision to resume executions has set Indonesia against the global trend towards abolition of the death penalty and your country's own progress in this area.
Please spare the lives of these prisoners.

Yours
sincerely ,&cc= rohumas@kemenkumham.go.id,
kontak kami@kemlu.go.id&bcc=mobilization@amnesty.org
Send an e-mail to the President of Indonesia, Joko
Widodo today.
Yours sincerely,
Papang, Josef and Chiara
Indonesia and Death Penalty Teams
P.S.:
http://click.email.amnesty.org/?
qs=5316dec4ab52a2baf5d5cdb454549f081827c646b6d736bb654643d4bfe1d376
Read the full Urgent Action here.

Amnesty International
Having trouble viewing this email?
http://click.email.amnesty.org/?
qs=5316dec4ab52a2baaf9216d03a8a6760e82d61b43d81096a60ba4a643695a633
Read it online.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by DickDastardly(m): 8:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
what do i do to help? Sorry i didnt read.
Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by loomer: 8:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
24hrs, them don die be that na
Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by mcdokwe(m): 8:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
You could modify the content of the message to suit you, but the recipient and subject remains the same.

Seun, Ishilove, Barcanista, lalasticlala, Freiburger, r231, Mods.

Please move to appropriate section and possibly front page.

Thanks
Mcdokwe
Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 27, 2015
OP My opinion is that let the law take its course. The convicted were aware of the crime and the penalty it carries. We don't have to be emotional over this, they should face their fate except the Indonesian authorities decide to grant pardon....

1 Like

Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by mcdokwe(m): 8:56pm On Apr 27, 2015
barcanista:
OP My opinion is that let the law take its course. The convicted were aware of the crime and the penalty it carries. We don't have to be emotional over this, they should face their fate except the Indonesian authorities decide to grant pardon....

We don't seek to free them, we only pray that the execution be halted and the death sentences be commuted to life imprisonment after they must have undergone a fair trial and found guilty.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
mcdokwe:

We don't seek to free them, we only pray that the execution be halted and the death sentences be commuted to life imprisonment after they must have undergone a fair trial and found guilty.
Well, I don't think it is proper to meddle into the affairs of a sovereign state. So the convicted should face the music that they chose.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by mcdokwe(m): 9:10pm On Apr 27, 2015
barcanista:
Well, I don't think it is proper to meddle into the affairs of a sovereign state. So the convicted should face the music that they chose.
that is your opinion as an individual, our plea as a group that places value on the dignity and sanctity of human life is to completely abolish the death penalty.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by adigunomomama(m): 11:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by COOL10(m): 11:32am On Apr 28, 2015
Free our people
Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by mastercee(m): 2:01pm On Apr 28, 2015
I'm in total support of this

Say NO to Capital Punishment
Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by Ahmad4452(m): 2:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
Bt dis guyz knw abt d punishment b4 dey desire to carry heroin leave dem wif dier fate
Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by eagleeye2: 3:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
They knew the risk and must have calculated the gain. They accepted to take the risk and now they have to face they consequencies of their actions.
Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by emorse(m): 3:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
Done. I hope it works.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by Sunnycliff(m): 3:48pm On Apr 28, 2015
In as much as I wouldn't want to sound pessimistic about this whole Saga, yet I hate embarking on futile efforts

1 Like

Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by juzbummy: 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2015
done!
Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by mcdokwe(m): 4:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
Thanks for all those who have taken actions.
For those pessimistic, actions like this have been known to stall human right abuse and raise global effort towards checking them.

I plead that you just try, it doesn't hurt to try, right?
Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by Jabia(m): 5:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
Done!

1 Like

Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by crownprince102: 5:34pm On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:

But you condemn Buhari's killing of Owoh, Lawal and Oghedengbe.

Now you want the law to take it course.

What kind of a human being are you?

4 Likes

Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by gboyetade: 5:49pm On Apr 28, 2015
I believe the prisoners committed suicide. Irrespective of that, lets safe their life if we can. Seun, Lalastica and other mods should atleast move this to front page so as many people who want to sign the petition can
Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by Dahkogrin007(m): 5:53pm On Apr 28, 2015
Na wetin dey chop kill dem
Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by Sezua(m): 5:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
abeg stop, killing humans as punishment is unacceptable
Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by seedorfg(m): 6:02pm On Apr 28, 2015
INDONESIA ARE INDOMITABLE CRUEL , I GOT THEM AS BOSS IN A COMPANY I WORK FOR, VERY CRUEL PEOPLE
Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by Edwardhead(m): 6:55pm On Apr 28, 2015
and they should pamper dem?
datll serf as lezzon to others...
Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by chrisviral(m): 7:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
Link not going through undecided
Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by bufness(m): 7:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
Seun and lalasticlala front page pls lives are at stake here,its nt everyday dat nairand shud b about tonto dikeh and denrele ,o.p link z nt going through

1 Like

Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2015
bufness:
Seun and lalasticlala front page pls lives are at stake here,its nt everyday dat nairand shud b about tonto dikeh and denrele ,o.p link z nt going through
I pray say them answer you o...if na gossip about Tonto and Aigbe na one way. Post to save a life go take forever. What's the use of a forum anyway? Seun and lalasticlala or whatever nor dey try...
Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by mcdokwe(m): 7:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
Datazone:

I pray say them answer you o...if na gossip about Tonto and Aigbe na one way. Post to save a life go take forever. What's the use of a forum anyway? Seun and lalasticlala or whatever nor dey try...

https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents/ASA21/1492/2015/en/

tag bufness, chrisviral
Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by mcdokwe(m): 7:43pm On Apr 28, 2015
Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by bqlekan(m): 7:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
how i wish this will stop the execution, buh it wont, a law is a law. theirs aint first and it wont be the last. and yes! its a very cruel law, buh we need to eradicate drug trafficking. it kills

1 Like

Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by chidimarc(m): 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
just click on the latest link, anti spambot banned him papa
Re: Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia by ugo13(m): 8:12pm On Apr 28, 2015
Amnesty my foot. That is why criminals are roaming about the streets killing innocent people, when they are caught someone will start screaming amnesty international. They knew the law. Amnesty international should divert their energy to helping to prevent crime across the world. Please let's talk about how we can be of help to people of Nepal that was struck by earthquake.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Convocation Day Pictures / Dunlop, Michellin, Bridgestone, Continental Tyres/tires In Lagos / Obituary Poster For Nollywood Actor, Chinonso Chukwujekwu Aka Bossman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.