Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Addax’s Latest Oil Discovery Is Not Good News For Imo State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Addax’s Latest Oil Discovery Is Not Good News For Imo State (9418 Views)

Crude Oil Discovery In Nigeria Has It Been A Blessing Or A Curse On The Nation? / Nnpc Faults Kwara’s Claim On Oil Discovery / Commercial Oil Discovery In Lagos: Matters Arising (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Addax’s Latest Oil Discovery Is Not Good News For Imo State by NaijaEcash(m): 2:07pm On Feb 04, 2009
shocked The oil is yet to be drilled and yet members in this house "Nairaland" are already quarrelling with each other. May God deliver us. shocked cry cry cry cry
Re: Addax’s Latest Oil Discovery Is Not Good News For Imo State by carnal: 11:35am On Feb 05, 2009
The oil is yet to be drilled and yet members in this house "Nairaland" are already quarrelling with each other. May God deliver us.

I beg to disagree with you my brother that members in the house are already quarrelling with eachother even before the oil are yet to drilled,so it's better that we quarell now and get good result before they start drilling the thing and cause plenti commotion
Re: Addax’s Latest Oil Discovery Is Not Good News For Imo State by 5STAR(m): 11:54am On Feb 05, 2009
Shinatu:

The community is not powerless, I am sure Addax would not want to be on the bad side of the community.
They can make it a good thing for themselves if they are not selfish.
Let them come together and tell Addax the projects they want for the development of their community.

They should tie a community benefit (Schools, hospitals, roads )to every stage of Addax exploration and Production.

No oil company takes the community for granted anymore, it is internationally frowned at, and would affect
the company's PR.

What happened in the Niger delta is that some elders/topshot  who said they were representing the community became super rich while the rest of the community lived in penury.

The youth later took over but they do exactly what the elders did.

@ SHINATU, good advice my Brother, Imo brethren ought to unite now and speak wif one voice, say no to divide and rule tactics that most oil exploration multinationals use, avoid digging up past land disputes and mostly learn from Niger Delta. God will see Naija through
Re: Addax’s Latest Oil Discovery Is Not Good News For Imo State by ahf(m): 9:27pm On Feb 05, 2009
Most Joint Ventures are 55% owned by NNPC,the rest shared amongst 2 to 3 companies, it's the government that has failed more in its responsibilities.

Why are NNPC staff not been kidnapped? Why are families of past looters not targeted for this unjust harrassment in the Niger Delta.

It's always the multinationals we blame for all, they have been helped by our lack of a unified plan for our communties.

If we had good system of government, rules would exhisit and they would be followed.

When will we hold our leaders responsible for their period in office,

(Note: I dont work for a multinational and I am not from the Niger Delta) - Just my opinion,
Re: Addax’s Latest Oil Discovery Is Not Good News For Imo State by donjohano(m): 12:12am On Feb 06, 2009
These oil-producing communities should not act in isolation from each other. If only all oil-producing communities had given support to, for example, the Ogoni people, perhaps tragedy of Saro-Wiwa's execution and that of his comrades could have been averted. Imagine, a united front of all oil-producing communities in Nigeria acting in concert, demanding the basic human rights of environmental hygiene, etc, on behalf of all. I'm not Ogoni, by the way - I'm Igbo.
Re: Addax’s Latest Oil Discovery Is Not Good News For Imo State by WilyWily: 8:42pm On Feb 06, 2009
Abagworo:

One thing i cant understand is the reason why yorubas who are meant to be our brothers are always full of envy,jealousy and hatred.what i want to tell them as well as ijaws is that igbos love them and will always be happy at their success.the only non-igbos that love us are the calabar and idoma.imo has always had oil so the oil is not new.we re infact 5th out of 9.
Love those that love You and hate they that hates You, {remember the Parasites from the West and North}
Re: Addax’s Latest Oil Discovery Is Not Good News For Imo State by WilyWily: 8:43pm On Feb 06, 2009
Abagworo:

One thing i cant understand is the reason why yorubas who are meant to be our brothers are always full of envy,jealousy and hatred.what i want to tell them as well as ijaws is that igbos love them and will always be happy at their success.the only non-igbos that love us are the calabar and idoma.imo has always had oil so the oil is not new.we re infact 5th out of 9.
Re: Addax’s Latest Oil Discovery Is Not Good News For Imo State by JaYy(m): 11:01pm On Feb 08, 2009
Shinatu is right.
Oil companies are aware of their social and corporate responsibilities to communities in operational areas. The era of exploiting without commensurate community development is over. The PRODUCING COMMUNITIES must sign an MOU before a caterpillar is allowed for site preparations.
Please no militants Oh!!!! Black gold is a blessing and not a curse. Proverbs 10:22 - "The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it" Let ADDAX make IMO RICH
Re: Addax’s Latest Oil Discovery Is Not Good News For Imo State by tokstoy: 1:02pm On Feb 09, 2009
waooh
Re: Addax’s Latest Oil Discovery Is Not Good News For Imo State by banom(m): 10:43pm On Feb 11, 2009
Stupid people here are saying that kidnaping will now start in the east, Do you think Imo state people are as stupid as Niger deltans who have oil but only get a share of it illegaly by Kidnaping ?

If that is what you and the so Oyibo oil companies Thinks , No problem just come and you will see that Imo people are wiser than you.
Re: Addax’s Latest Oil Discovery Is Not Good News For Imo State by ugowhytee: 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
IMO state is highly blessed with abundant oil reserve yet to be discovered.from all indication with the Njaba deposit imo will strongly be competing to be 4th oil producing state in Nigeria. igloos are always blessed without the south south region, anambra have oil deposit, abia have oil deposit, graphite and diamond in ebonyi, IMO with abundant gas and oil, enugu with Cole and sediment hydrocarbons. we are rich zone and industrious with the largest market in west Africa. we have all it takes to be country.God is with us.bravo Njaba

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Chased Out Of Sokoto As People Chant "Bama Yi" Meaning "Never Again" / Malami: It Is Premature To Conclude Soldiers Used Live Ammunition At Lekki Toll / Enugu Guber: Labour Party Candidate Accused Of Attacking PDP Candidate, mbah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.