Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted (2264 Views)

Nigeria Audits 33 Companies, Uncovers N450b Unremitted Revenue / Senate President, Bukola Saraki Reads Riot Act On Unremitted Funds / NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 28, 2015
From this report, 67 billion dollars was generated in the year 2012- 2013 while the NNPC remitted 47 billion dollars giving us a shortfall of 20 billion naira. Sanusi was right.
I personally feel we lost a gem to kano.

The NNPC claimed it spent the money on subsidy of petrol and kerosene, with kerosene payment @ 1.2 trillion naira (when did we ever buy kerosene @ 50 naira per litre)

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by modath(f): 8:09am On Apr 28, 2015
Its actually about $22b.

SaTANists are still strategising on how find a way to spin this migraine inducing report though since their principal has claimed "stealing isn't corruption".

Side bar; Incase of an inquiry, there is an estate currently under construction named "RIVER PARK" on airport rd Abuja that is rumoured to be owned by our our lord emperor and empress, if the rumour is proven to be the truth, at least $5bn of the stolen NNPC funds is right there.

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 28, 2015
am sure its more than 20b dollars

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by sweetguy26: 8:10am On Apr 28, 2015
Do you read at all?

NNPC generated 69 billion dollars
They spent 16 billion dollars on operational cost, expenses and subsidies

They remitted 50 billion dollars to FAAC

only two billion dollars was not remitted

5 Likes

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by socialmediaman: 8:11am On Apr 28, 2015
This is quite revealing.. And we know this report was not even close to being extensive because PWC was limited in their access to records and relevant information as revealed in the report and their notes to the AGF

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by MizMyColi(f): 8:13am On Apr 28, 2015
sweetguy26:
Do you read at all?

Please what's the link to download the document?
Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by sweetguy26: 8:15am On Apr 28, 2015
MizMyColi:

Please what's the link to download the document?

http://serving.thisdaylive.com/0BEF99D6-ACF5-4E2C-9779-8FA02BA3FCD4/assets/FULL%20REPORT%20FORENSIC%20AUDIT%20OF%20NNPC.pdf
Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 28, 2015
sweetguy26:
Do you read at all?
Yes i read non cooperation from the NNPC with PWC, i read cases of no invoice, i read fraudulent kerosene subsidy payment.

6 Likes

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 28, 2015
dutchjongen:
Nigerian Petroleum Developent company(NPDC) and CBN refused to open their financial statement to PWC.SO the report is dead on arrival,another audit has to take place. It has no credibilty go to premium times and read the audit. NNPC is the definition of corruption here are some excerpts from the report:
" We requested for meetings and information from the Central Bank of Nigeria (“CBN”) but were not granted access to nor given the
requested information by the CBN
"page 196
" We requested for meetings and information from the Nigeria Petroleum Development Company (“NPDC”) but were not granted access to nor given the requested information by the NPDC"page 196
"The procedures we performed did not constitute an examination or a review in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards or attestation standards. Accordingly, we provide no opinion, attestation or other form of assurance with respect to our work or the information upon which our work was based"
The audit is therefore null and void and a new one has to be undertaken with full access to CBN accounts and NPDC
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/docs_download/Full%20report--20billion%20dollars%20missing%20oil%20money.pdf
[size=16pt]This report has further justified Buhari desire to Probe NNPC [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by kaboninc(m): 8:20am On Apr 28, 2015
Obiagelli:
From this report, 67 billion dollars was generated in the year 2012- 2013 while the NNPC remitted 47 billion dollars giving us a shortfall of 20 billion naira. Sanusi was right.

The NNPC claimed it spent the money on subsidy of petrol and kerosene, with kerosene payment @ 1.2 trillion naira (when did we ever buy kerosene @ 50 naira per litre)

Please continue reading....

Or

Let me help you:

Based on the work conducted by our team from the commencement of this mandate up until 29
January 2015, our conclusions are as follows;
 Total gross revenues generated fromFGN crude oil liftings was $69.34bn and NOT
$67 billion
as earlier stated by the Reconciliation Committee for the period from January
2012 to July 2013.
Total cash remitted into the Federation accounts in relation to crude oil liftings was
$50.81bn and NOT $47bn
as earlier stated by the Reconciliation Committee for the period
from January 2012 to July 2013.

Pg. 12.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 28, 2015
Hmmmmm, Naija which way forward self?

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 28, 2015
Obiagelli:

[size=28pt]Even if you are so poor in arithmetic, you could have asked for help before exposing your ignorance to the whole WORLD.

THOUGHT THIS MONIKER WAS SMART!!![/size]

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by modath(f): 8:22am On Apr 28, 2015
Obiagelli:

Yes i read non cooperation from the NNPC with PWC, i read cases of no invoice, i read fraudulent kerosene subsidy payment.

If Baba doesn't probe and allow the Judicial process to drop its full weight on these people, then he has FAILED in my books...

Jail is too good for this people!!

Can't help but hum African china's line

"Poor man wey tiff maggi, we go see hin face for crime fighter...."

5 Likes

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by sweetguy26: 8:22am On Apr 28, 2015
Obiagelli:

I posted a screenshot up there.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 28, 2015
Page 105 No supporting documents were provided for the
$0.25billion claimed as NPA Charges

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by Tvegas(m): 8:23am On Apr 28, 2015
Do these guys have any conscience within them?.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by sweetguy26: 8:23am On Apr 28, 2015
Obiagelli:
Page 105 No supporting documents were provided for the
$0.25billion claimed as NPA Charges

Yes. There is corruption in the NNPC but that doesn't mean that Sanusi was right. Sanusi LIED. NO MONEY WAS MISSING!
Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by sweetguy26: 8:25am On Apr 28, 2015
By the way, the NNPC should be scrapped henceforth. The organisation is utterly inefficient and corrupt. Jesus!!!
Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by koboko69: 8:26am On Apr 28, 2015
I wish Buhari waited till May 29 before talking about the probe. I have some fear that these day light robbers can do anything to evade justice. The oil cabal is a very strong cabal. Surely there is more money missing.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by baralatie(m): 8:29am On Apr 28, 2015
Xetima:

[size=28pt]Even if you are so poor in arithmetic, you could have asked for help before exposing your ignorance to the whole WORLD.

THOUGHT THIS MONIKER WAS SMART!!![/size]
Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by omenka(m): 8:31am On Apr 28, 2015
I still believe this report was even watered down.

Hope Alawson Madukeke is still in down.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 28, 2015
Some fools will still come and oppose this,especially the Ijaw slaves .

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by sweetguy26: 8:35am On Apr 28, 2015
modath:
there is an estate currently under construction named "RIVER PARK" on airport rd Abuja that is rumoured to be owned by our our lord emperor and empress, if the rumour is proven to be the truth, at least $5bn of the stolen NNPC funds is right there.

This is how you people bear false witness against another due to ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by realborn(m): 8:45am On Apr 28, 2015
No long tins...

Everyone should start returning his or her respective stolen share. National cake is no longer available for theft!

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by Mynd44: 8:47am On Apr 28, 2015
sweetguy26:

Yes. There is corruption in the NNPC but that doesn't mean that Sanusi was right. Sanusi LIED. NO MONEY WAS MISSING!
He said 20 billion was Missing.

The problem is what that missing money was spent on and from the report of this audit, a large part of the money was actually stolen.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 28, 2015
omenka:
I still believe this report was even watered down.

Hope Alawson Madukeke is still in down.
This report is for one year o. How much did these people steal. I would like an audit of how subsidy payment jumped by over 100% in 2011

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by seunmsg(m): 8:51am On Apr 28, 2015
sweetguy26:

Sanusi was right in his claim that about $20 billion revenue generated by NNPC was not remitted. The question now is, how do we justify the $18.53 billion un remitted revenue that NNPC is claiming they expended on PMS and DPK subsidy without National assembly appropriation and the over $5billion revenue from NPDC that was not remitted. This two items constitutes the bulk of the $18.53 billion.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by ki02020(m): 8:51am On Apr 28, 2015
The wind of CHANGE is raising the from the surface of the truth.....there yansh go hot
Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 28, 2015
Mynd44:

He said 20 billion was Missing.

The problem is what that missing money was spent on and from the report of this audit, a large part of the money was actually stolen.
Gbam.
Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 28, 2015
sweetguy26:

Really? There's corruption but no money was missing. Interesting

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by omenka(m): 8:54am On Apr 28, 2015
Obiagelli:

This report is for one year o. How much did these people steal. I would like an audit of how subsidy payment jumped by over 100% in 2011
With no supplementary budget passed and no approval for such withdrawals from the NASS, I just don't know how those payments are gonna be explained.

The revelations we'd be getting in the months ahead would make Abacha roll in his grave.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Vindicated, $20 Billion Was Actually Unremitted by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 28, 2015
sweetguy26:
Do you read at all?

NNPC generated 69 billion dollars
They spent 16 billion dollars on operational cost, expenses and subsidies

They remitted 50 billion dollars to FAAC

only two billion dollars was not remitted

Expenses without invoices, expenses such as kerosene subsidy? Abeg.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue / Ifeanyi Ubah: Anambra's Patron Saint Of Corruption / Epic Photo :cartoon On How Buhariis Running Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.