Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,008 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Igbo People; Things You Should Know About Nigerian Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo People; Things You Should Know About Nigerian Politics (1282 Views)

Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners / Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe / Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo People; Things You Should Know About Nigerian Politics by Adenugay(m): 9:39am On Apr 28, 2015
[img]http://www..com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/uuu-300x188.jpg[/img]

Igbo People; Things You Should Know About Nigerian Politics

I have taken conscious steps to understand the way our democratic system works and have been kept abreast of every political situation that is of national interest in Nigeria. And my findings in comparison with the political history of Nigeria show that the game of politics in Nigeria is best played and won by those who have “Dynamic and flexible political philosophy” than those who believe in “Static and rigid political philosophy”. This is where the Igbos get it wrong.

I consider myself as being a part of Igbo since one of my uncles got married to an Igbo woman from Imo State. Besides, 20% of my best friends are Igbos so I have a bond with the Igbo people and whatever affects them worries me too and I hope they get it right from this political dispensation.

Shortly after All Progressives Congress (APC) was formed on 6 February 2013, some people had ambivalent feelings toward the party and most of my Igbo friends including other Igbos I interacted with told me that they will never support APC that it is a Hausa party and that they prefer PDP to APC.

I didn’t argue with them much since everyone is entitle to his opinion and choose which party to support.
The level of apathy the Igbo people have towards the North, Buhari and APC is so alarming that kept me wondering how they want to spring up politically in Nigeria without the North. History has shown that no geo-political Zone in Nigeria can excel politically at the national level without the North. This is an obvious fact that I feel the Igbo nation should know.

Nigeria’s colonial masters gave the North the political power in Nigeria from colonial to post colonial eras more than any other region and as a result, they must play a significant role for anybody to succeed in national politics.

No matter the wrongs the North might have done to the Igbo nation, they must learn to forgive and move on. In politics, there is no permanent friend and no permanent enemy because of changing political and personal interests. Even Buhari has told Nigerians to learn to forgive if they must make the change they want to make and move forward in life.

The way the 2015 general elections was conducted in the Igbo states, I knew that their hatred for the North was reignited even against non-northerners like Chris Ngigie just because he contested on the platform of APC without having done anything wrong to his people.

Chris Ngigie, who represents Anambra-Central and who would have been the Senate President in the 8th National Assembly was denied re-election by his people just because of being in APC including all those who contested on the platform of APC in the Igbo states. As a result, the Senate President which was supposed to come from the zone would no longer be possible.

There are great lessons to be learnt from history and the political events of our time and if the Igbos must be relevant in national politics, they must desist from their long lasting apathy against the North and resolve whatever differences they have as soon as they can and create a mutual understanding with the North and other Geo-political Zones.

If the Igbo people will not do anything on this issue now, I am sorry to say that they will be heading to “POLITICAL WILDERNESS”. I hope this does not happen because Nigeria cannot divide and so the creation of the Republic of Biafra cannot be possible. So the only way is for the Igbos to find their way into the Nigerian political mechanism by embracing new political ideologies.

Read more>>> http://www.justyouchat.com/things-you-should-know-about-nigerian-politics/
Re: Igbo People; Things You Should Know About Nigerian Politics by Caseless: 9:47am On Apr 28, 2015
"Static and rigid political philosophy" is the adverse reaction of akpu.
I have never seen people not-so-forgiving; they wont forgive the past.

1 Like

Re: Igbo People; Things You Should Know About Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 28, 2015
Am proud to be igbo honestly.the most popular tribe in Nigeria.even when you go to Benin republic or Togo or southafrica they will be referring to Nigerians as igbos.Bleep d haters

6 Likes

Re: Igbo People; Things You Should Know About Nigerian Politics by Enegod(m): 9:54am On Apr 28, 2015
Igbophobia— the fear of Igbos cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Igbo People; Things You Should Know About Nigerian Politics by Enegod(m): 9:54am On Apr 28, 2015
hbpeze:
Am proud to be igbo honestly.the most popular tribe in Nigeria.even when you go to Benin republic or Togo or southafrica they will be referring to Nigerians as igbos.Bleep d haters
cool cool
Re: Igbo People; Things You Should Know About Nigerian Politics by truefact: 9:58am On Apr 28, 2015
The children of cowards and hates who are too timid to emancipate themselves and achieve self determination, why do you want Igbos so much in your nigeria?

Yorubas fight for your own country. ..Nigeria is not a country. ..

Your hero committed suicide. Your hero is coward who never fight for your freedom. Your hero had no choice of his, remember Zik made him accept nigeria and Gowon made him stay in Nigeria. Your hero believed nothing and die like nothing. ..WHAT A BIG SHAME

1 Like

Re: Igbo People; Things You Should Know About Nigerian Politics by Lordshola: 10:00am On Apr 28, 2015
please leave Igbo people alone.
Re: Igbo People; Things You Should Know About Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 28, 2015
What makes u think the Igbos will enter political wilderness cos of recent political development in the country is cos u lack knowledge of history. For ur information in 1999 south west did not embrace the dominant PDP and nobody condemned them to death politically. Politics is often enterprise that thrives on circumstances and spontaneous propensities. Maybe u think it is all over for the Igbos now, but it is not the truth. If u can recall that the south west did not have a fair share in the outgoing political setup but now have the vice presidential slop and may also have the speakership slot should be enough warning to think that any tribe can be finished politically.
Now let me tell u, Igbos are presenting themselves as the most trusted group to have anything to do with in Nigeria. They should just relax, others will look desperately for them in the nearest future. They are not regrating sticking with PDP and South south. It will pay them sooner or later. When the chips are down we will know who can really be a true political ally in Nigeria. Even the north know that. Will u trust a people that voted AD in 1999, voted PDP in 2011 and APC in 2015? Don't worry, when u need a girlfriend, u know where to go, but when u need a wife, u should know where to turn to. Igbos should remain steadfast.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo People; Things You Should Know About Nigerian Politics by asadike(f): 10:33am On Apr 28, 2015
Who told u ngige was voted out because he was in APC? What do u know about ndigbo? Where was ngige before he was voted in? We rejected. Our daughter d late Dora just to vote in nginge with d hope that he will deliver, now tell me, as a senator what did ndi anambra enjoyed from nginge? Tell me one single bill nginge passed in favour of ndi anambra. Pls leave ndi igbo out of your stupidity and face the many problems of ndi Yoruba. Hypocrite!
Re: Igbo People; Things You Should Know About Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
Enegod:
cool cool

abi I lie?
Re: Igbo People; Things You Should Know About Nigerian Politics by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:45pm On Apr 28, 2015
Caseless:
"Static and rigid political philosophy" is the adverse reaction of akpu.
I have never seen people not-so-forgiving; they wont forgive the past.
my friend, u see dt akpu contains cyanide...so I biliv u
Re: Igbo People; Things You Should Know About Nigerian Politics by Enegod(m): 1:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
hbpeze:

abi I lie?
you are on point my brother
Re: Igbo People; Things You Should Know About Nigerian Politics by NaijirianKing: 3:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
Interesting.
Re: Igbo People; Things You Should Know About Nigerian Politics by babyfaceafrica: 3:24pm On Apr 28, 2015
NaijirianKing:
Igbos have put themselves in a great position. They are now the power brokers of a major political party (PDP). They have broken the divide and rule that the North used to subjugate the old "Eastern Region."
If Buhari fails to be all that he has been presented to be - the Igbo can present a dynamic Northerner partnered with an Igbo man as VP. Thus, taking their position and not waiting for it to be handed out. After, the North has had their turn it will naturally go back to the South, and who will it come to? You guessed it.

Even if Buhari does well, when it comes time to hand over - it will not go to the SW, SS, but to the SE. You guessed it, Igbo will win in either event.

what makes you so sure thatafter buhari ,power will return to SE,what about TIVs ,jukuns,idomas,ogonis..look nobody gives you political power cos you have not tasted it before,you need to fight for it

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Cost Of Petrol Per Litre In You Area ? / Rivers LG Chairmen Allege Plan To Divert Council Funds / APC Government Plans To Arrest Ekweremadu - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.