Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,286 members, 7,954,132 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:51 PM

The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) (1519 Views)

Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads / Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) / Poor State Of Nigerian Prisons (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) by debbie(f): 10:51am On Apr 28, 2015
For sometime now we have been talking about politics and what the past leaders have done to win our votes.But we fail to point to our leaders their total failure and address the major needs of the people.We go about singing and dancing to their loud praises.Well the fact is that we will end up selling our truth to the dust if we fail to hold our elected leaders responsible
Today i have decided to post some pictures of very bad roads in some part of Lagos, as i was opportune to come across.
The road is called ADEBIMPE,a long stretch of road within the MILE 12 market.

Please to all those fellows who dont think before the talk,who dont want to look beyond sentiment,to those who have been singing the praises of their leaders,to those who have sold their conscience all because they have been blinded by empty promises.....i say welcome to the reality that will surely catch up with you.

All i want is for the whole world to see what our leaders have been doing...
1.This road have never been tarred.
2.This road serves as a major link from ketu to ikosi
3.This locality have re-elected their state and federal house of representative.
3.The shops and businesses around here pay tax monthly.'
4.The road is like this now that it has not rained.....ask me what will happen after a heavy down pour.
5.This road links you to ikorodu road....
6.There is the picture of the rep by name TUNDE BRAIMOH
I dont want to see people defending anybody....the truth is glaring to us.

Till we wake up from our slumber,our elected leaders will keep on playing us like a game of chess.
thanks.

Re: The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 28, 2015
Op na ur house be day wey dem dey biscuit abi ur street sir grin
Re: The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) by glin(f): 10:57am On Apr 28, 2015
Quite unfortunate
Re: The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) by debbie(f): 11:00am On Apr 28, 2015
here is a picture of the House of Representative that has been there..
Another picture of the end of the road at ikodoru junction by kosofe market.
Another is the kosofe bus stop where kek load to alapere.

Re: The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) by temitemi1(m): 11:03am On Apr 28, 2015
APC... "Change"!! Thanks to tinubu n fashola of lagos state grin grin grin. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
Re: The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) by agarawu23(m): 11:06am On Apr 28, 2015
temitemi1:
APC... "Change"!! Thanks to tinubu n fashola of lagos state grin grin grin. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
when will you stop this madness?

1 Like

Re: The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) by debbie(f): 11:07am On Apr 28, 2015
WATCH OUT.....i will take a tour round the Popular MILE 12 market soon.
Let the world see the dump site that we call market,where we buy what we eat daily... angry
Re: The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) by temitemi1(m): 11:07am On Apr 28, 2015
Agarawu grin grin grin
agarawu23:
when will you stop this madness?
Re: The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) by agarawu23(m): 11:09am On Apr 28, 2015
temitemi1:
Agarawu grin grin grin
this kind of situation is everywhere around the country

As your Oga know gree increase Lagos budget money nagrin
Re: The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) by loomer: 11:12am On Apr 28, 2015
Just peeping
Re: The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) by dulux07(m): 11:15am On Apr 28, 2015
No sentiments, our leaders may not be good enough, but very few of them r really trying.

Fashola tenure might not be good enough, but its definitely better than all past admin in terms of road development, its d fact. I live at the outskirt of lagos, n most roads there ve been tarred during this admin, likewise other roads around lagos. Even the ikorodu road, i.e ketu to ikorodu.

As the sayin goes, u cant please the world, jst do ur best. Even in developed countries, few bad roads still exist,no govt is 100% perfect, there will still be flaws and criticism.

I am not supportin anyone, m jst saying lets give kudos when we have to, n should not be a critic at all times. The lasg ve done well, at this stage ,what they need is encouragement that they can do better not criticism.
Re: The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) by temitemi1(m): 11:15am On Apr 28, 2015
Agarawu23 grin grin
agarawu23:
this kind of situation is everywhere around the country

As your Oga know gree increase Lagos budget money namegrin
Re: The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) by Ralphlauren(m): 11:16am On Apr 28, 2015
whats the local government chairman/councillor doing?

the road is located within the mile12 market right?

with all the levies, taxes, fees, fines, etc the local government rakes in DAILY from that market, they should be able to tar it themselves from the local government's purse without any help or support from the state government and thats the truth !

there are several tiers of government and they all have their responsibilities.

you dont expect Fashola to fund EVERY single road project in lagos while the local government chairmen do nothing but embezzle all the revenue they receive from their constituencies.
Re: The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) by debbie(f): 11:26am On Apr 28, 2015
Well i get your point.
but remove the work ENCOURAGEMENT....how will the masses that elected a leader now come to encourage him to perform?
where is that justified.
please like i said.....lets leave sentiment
Did you take a good look at that road to see that it has NEVER been tarred? yet the kept on re-electing the same person?
Are we not the architect of our own problem?
Till we hold our leaders accountable,we are just wasting our time
dulux07:
No sentiments, our leaders may not be good enough, but very few of them r really trying.

Fashola tenure might not be good enough, but its definitely better than all past admin in terms of road development, its d fact. I live at the outskirt of lagos, n most roads there ve been tarred during this admin, likewise other roads around lagos. Even the ikorodu road, i.e ketu to ikorodu.

As the sayin goes, u cant please the world, jst do ur best. Even in developed countries, few bad roads still exist,no govt is 100% perfect, there will still be flaws and criticism.

I am not supportin anyone, m jst saying lets give kudos when we have to, n should not be a critic at all times. The lasg ve done well, at this stage ,what they need is encouragement that they can do better not criticism.

1 Like

Re: The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) by HzRF(m): 11:26am On Apr 28, 2015
Ralphlauren:
whats the local government chairman/councillor doing?

the road is located within the mile12 market right?

with all the levies, taxes, fees, fines, etc the local government rakes in DAILY from that market, they should be able to tar it themselves from the local government's purse without any help or support from the state government and thats the truth !

there are several tiers of government and they all have their responsibilities.

you dont expect Fashola to fund EVERY single road project in lagos while the local government chairmen do nothing but embezzle all the revenue they receive from their constituencies.

Which local govt chairman
D 1 he refuse conduct election for?
Re: The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) by Princess042(f): 11:28am On Apr 28, 2015
What the op is saying is the fact
That road is one of the worst road in lagos
The road has never been tarred
The only time the government visit that place is to campaign for election, after election you won't see them again....

1 Like

Re: The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) by Ralphlauren(m): 11:32am On Apr 28, 2015
HzRF:

Which local govt chairman
D 1 he refuse conduct election for?

so are you saying kosofe local government has no chairman or ''caretaker committee'' or ''interim chairman'' ?

thats impossible !!
Re: The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) by dulux07(m): 11:52am On Apr 28, 2015
debbie:
Well i get your point.
but remove the work ENCOURAGEMENT....how will the masses that elected a leader now come to encourage him to perform?
where is that justified.
please like i said.....lets leave sentiment
Did you take a good look at that road to see that it has NEVER been tarred? yet the kept on re-electing the same person?
Are we not the architect of our own problem?
Till we hold our leaders accountable,we are just wasting our time

Encourage those that r effective not d useless ones. Like u said we r d architect of most of our problems. I wonder y pple would re-elect someone when he failed in his past tenure, all because of selfish gains.

Imagine a politician who is goin for a re-run, sharing gifts n money for pple to vote for him, its crazy, i mean his past achievements should speak for him, funny enuff pple will vote him, later it backfires n they start blaming govt, forgetin they wer d cause of their misery.

We all heard, that jona spent 2trillion naira on campaign, there is always an epitome of truth in every rumour. if that money was diverted into security, boko haram would ve been history. I wonder y a politician should spend much money for campaign.

Imagine me going for the post of a class rep, n i start bribing pple to vote for me, its crazy, because m d one sacrificing my time, body n family to work for u guys. Jst like julius berger bribing n begging me to develop my estate for me, when they will be the d one spending their time n resources, its insane, this only shows this politicians have a dark motive.

1 Like

Re: The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) by erunz(m): 12:34pm On Apr 28, 2015
@op this is Adebimpe street, close to mile 12 market. the road looks even beautiful now, wen it rains dat road is a no go area.
Re: The Poor State Of Kosofe Roads In Lagos (pictures) by slimfit1(m): 12:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
Let them too stop paying tax save the money and use it to repair the road so that fashola will not donate the money to tinu's charity. Let them(the community) too take a loan from banks to repair the roads waiting for fashola will be a waste of hope.

Thank God it's not me that is paying for services not rendered them one tax collector or fines come my way they will see wennh. The was i will organise boys police will not there pass my street

We deserve the leaders that we have if she are not talking that's their problem not Fashola' s problem , they are basically saying they like their situation the way it is.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Signs N4.425tn 2015 Budget / What Is This Guy Looking At? (pic) / Another Lie Busted. Lies About The Cars Recovered From Dasuki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.