Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... (36401 Views)

14-Year-Old Housemaid Poisons Her Boss With Rat Poison In Ondo (Photo) / Cleaner Steals $2600 From His Boss & Was Caught. See How He Shared The Money / How A Female Boss Was Kidnapped By Her Own Driver In Lagos [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by Pain(m): 5:54am On Jun 28, 2015
abbey621:
How can you be hospitalized because of 300,000 Naira? Funny people.....

The money will settle his hospital bill...(an idiot's guide to street sense)..wait till you are a victim of sleight.
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by Pain(m): 6:02am On Jun 28, 2015
oyejideogunjumo:
WHEN WE TELL PEOPLE THAT THIS WORLD IS 99% SPIRITUAL THEY WONT TAKE IT.THIS IS JUST A CHILD'S PLAY.
WHY DID THE WOMAN INSIST THE RETURNED N500 SHOULD BE TUCKED BACK TO THE SAME PLACE?
MY PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF (spiritual) KNOWLEDGE.

You have said nothing. Most Africans inherited this lack of in-depth inquiry from the forefathers. Any thing they could not explain due to low mental rigour was attributed to the spiritual. Water borne diseases were a punishment from the gods because the causative microorganisms were invisible to the eyes.

She exchanged the money because she distracted their focus with the conversation. I'm sure the boss was more focused on your girlfriend's assets than his cash....in more rational climes your girlfriend may even be investigated for collusion with the so called strange woman.

Check your girlfriend well. Ask her if her boss is the type that defaults on salary payments. She may be getting back at him.

2 Likes

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by scobyy2007: 7:44am On Jun 28, 2015
[size=30pt]VERY CRAZY COUNTRY!!![/size]
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by damosade(m): 8:10am On Jun 28, 2015
Believe it or NOt jazz dey oooo. I work in d bank. It takes prayer and number six to deal with this evil.they call it owo anabo.money do miss in the bank without any trace.any Bundle of cash that the particular note torches disapper.

1 Like

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by oyejideogunjumo: 8:17am On Jun 28, 2015
Pain:

You have said nothing. Most Africans inherited this lack of in-depth inquiry from the forefathers. Any thing they could not explain due to low mental rigour was attributed to the spiritual. Water borne diseases were a punishment from the gods because the causative microorganisms were invisible to the eyes.

She exchanged the money because she distracted their focus with the conversation. I'm sure the boss was more focused on your girlfriend's assets than his cash....in more rational climes your girlfriend may even be investigated for collusion with the so called strange woman.

Check your girlfriend well. Ask her if her boss is the type that defaults on salary payments. She may be getting back at him.
I WONT GO INTO ARGUMENTS. LET THOSE WHO ARE READY TO KNOW PLS LEARN.TIME WILL TELL. U WANT TO TELL ME THE BOSS&LADY ARE FOOLS?DID SHE HAND OVER D PARCEL TO THE STRANGER OR SHE JUST TOOK OUT OF IT &TUCK BACK THE RETURED N500?
EVEN SHE USED TRICK TO CHANGE THE MONEY HOW&WHY DID SHE SUCCEED IN N DOING THAT?
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by otiigba1(m): 9:11am On Jun 28, 2015
gabriel74:
Even when it has happen to me at oshodi back then, when i explained to people they laugh me saying its mere a 419 and no charm, Believe me ,Charm is attached to it. I bought watch at oshodi, The seller was just right there in front of me, After collecting the money, he ask me to put the watch in a brown envelop and i was looking at it with joy- I left .i was in the bus when i noticed that the watch has now turned to a small pieces of stone. I still took it home to show people. Some believe and some did not.
Rubbish! the watch did not turn to stone, the watch was not put in the envelope in the first place, i do this trick all the time undecided next time insist the watch is given to you instead of putting in the envelope for you focus closely and make sure you are not distracted and you will catch them
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by themanderon: 9:20am On Jun 28, 2015
I usually laugh when I see people doubt the existence of things that cannot be explained by any known physical laws, there are phenomenons that cannot be explained by science, even the white man that most of you guys sheepishly follow practice witchcraft , sorcery and Satanism. Enchantments are real and whether you believe it or not doesn't change the fact that it is. I am a purely scientific person that never believed in such things until I became a victim of enchantment in Lagos. pls be warned.
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:27am On Jun 28, 2015
@ obinoral1179

The lady should have smelled foul play when the woman insisted she add back the N500 to the envelope na..
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by abbeYhart(m): 9:27am On Jun 28, 2015
denitro:
Yes. It happened to me opposite Ikeja Airport Hotel.
I changed some dollars to the tune of N150,000. The guy gave me a bundle of N1000, which I counted
it was 99 pieces. He then gave me 1 N1000 to add to the bundle, which I did. He then gave me another bundle
of N500, I also counted it and again it was 99 pieces, I found it strange, but wasnt suspicious.
He gave me 1 N500 note which I added, I gave him the dollars and was on the way. When I got home I noticed that
the N1000 bundle was short (N32,000) and the N500 bundle short by N16,000. I fainted....

Till today I strongly believe the 1 note he gave me did the damage....

This is similar to mine..Happened at ikeja airport hotel. I changed 200 dolars and the money was short by 8k when I got home.
It was a mystery.
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by otiigba1(m): 9:27am On Jun 28, 2015
Pain:

you! are brilliant! Its funny how this things happens only in nigeria or africa, were too many are gullible and ignorant, and the worst thing is they want to believe these things exist strongly, you could not convince them otherwise, they are ready to die defending it undecided

2 Likes

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by MrsAnyanwu(f): 10:52am On Jun 28, 2015
architez:

Of course!! I don't know why I didn't see that. Thanks.
How come u r up so late (me, I work nights).
lol,uwc dear, waz reading,ur funny,hapi Sunday
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by architez: 11:08am On Jun 28, 2015
themanderon:
I usually laugh when I see people doubt the existence of things that cannot be explained by any known physical laws, there are phenomenons that cannot be explained by science, even the white man that most of you guys sheepishly follow practice witchcraft , sorcery and Satanism. Enchantments are real and whether you believe it or not doesn't change the fact that it is. I am a purely scientific person that never believed in such things until I became a victim of enchantment in Lagos. pls be warned.

I am not "purely scientific" like you. I believe there are things science cannot explain. But that is not the issue here. The discussion here is EVIDENCE. If someone had the power to change a watch into stones they won't be on a street corner selling watches. If someone had the power to change the denomination of naira notes they won't be asking for rides. If 9ja had people with such powers we would be the world's greatest super power and also win every sports competition. If someone can make naira notes magically appear, yet that person is not rich, that's your evidence. You may not know how they did it, but the EVIDENCE proves to you it's a trick.

1 Like

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by architez: 11:18am On Jun 28, 2015
damosade:
Believe it or NOt jazz dey oooo. I work in d bank. It takes prayer and number six to deal with this evil.they call it owo anabo.money do miss in the bank without any trace.any Bundle of cash that the particular note torches disapper.

How come we never see headlines like "80 million disappears from 1st bank". How come it is always armed robbers.

1 Like

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 28, 2015
DTOBS:
for the woman to be specific about wia ur gf should put the #500 collected back should have been the point of suspicion for her and her boss!
she should not have follow her word,sometimes,we need to be alert mentally and process every word we hear positively and negatively...
american movies has taught us a lot!

Mod/Op(whoever) can I make FP plssaasssssssss
yes I like ur comment, a stranger tells u to put that money in the remaining money and u obey her, Op's girlfriend should be arrested maybe she knew that woman.
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by blakky97(m): 12:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
obinoral1179:
I received a call from my Girlfriend explaining how she and her boss was scam.

The boss asked her to change some dollars to Naira in the bank,which she did dutifully, fortunately the boss met her in bank after she has concluded the transaction and they both left the banking hall together,on their way out they met a woman who asked them for a lift and being a good Nigerian the boss gave the woman a lift but on their way the so called lady started asking the man for money and the man refused but after much pressure from the woman he gave the woman a #500 note, the woman collected the money and still ask for more saying the man is more than that and she knows they are just coming from the bank, the boss then asked this my girlfriend to give the woman #1000 note and collected the #500 from her this she did and the woman later told my Girlfriend that she should make sure she put the money she return to her,which was the #500 note inside the brown envelope containing the remaining money, this she did and not quite long the lady alighted from the car and they continue their journey,but on the way the boss saw an LG product he has been looking for and he decide to purchased it using the money he got from the bank,but he received the shock of his life as the over THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND has turn to the most lower denomination in our country which is #5 and #10. According to what she told me, the boss fainted at the spot and as am writing this now he is still in shock and he is hospitalised.

Is there anybody who has experienced this before and how can people detect this people that took scamming as their job.
I know some people did not believe in JAZZ but my people JAZZ is real....
baba your babe boss just dey carry ur babe up and down and you dey happy? hafa youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by obinoral1179(m): 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
blakky97:

baba your babe boss just dey carry ur babe up and down and you dey happy? hafa youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?
blackky97 hope is not what am thinking?
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by harveyspec: 12:43pm On Jun 28, 2015
obinoral1179:
[i]I received a call from my Girlfriend explaining how she and her boss was scam.

The boss asked her to change some dollars to Naira in the bank.

I believe your story, I have heard a lot about such. but the quoted is what I don't get, can one change dollars in the bank?

To the best of my knowledge, when you want to open a domicillary account or a prepaid card denominated in a foreign currency, you are asked to go get it from outside, they won't sell to you. So how was your Gf able to change the money at the bank?

just to add, my Aunty boarded a taxi & it was those "there is dollars in the boot, let's share or go to police station scenario" she intervened & got jazzed, they got a truck & followed her home collected all her money & belongings.

they still asked for more money, she was to take them elsewhere, on route they got to a checkpoint & the police demanded to know whose property those were & the owner, they pointed to my aunt who was sitting with them, the police asked my aunt, she couldn't speak, she was just staring, that's how they were arrested

So a lot happens, one should just pray not to cross their part
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by Jerry2i(m): 1:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
These things happen everyday,just because it hasn't happened to you you would not believe.
#talking from experience
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by Crownvillar: 2:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
denitro:
I changed some dollars to the tune of N150,000. The guy gave me a bundle of N1000, which I counted
it was 99 pieces. He then gave me 1 N1000 to add to the bundle, which I did. He then gave me another bundle
of N500, I also counted it and again it was 99 pieces, I found it strange, but wasnt suspicious.
He gave me 1 N500 note which I added, I gave him the dollars and was on the way. When I got home I noticed that
the N1000 bundle was short (N32,000) and the N500 bundle short by N16,000. I fainted....

About 4 years ago, I was walking along the road, opposite the self-same Ikeja Airport Hotel when a guy appeared from nowhere offering to exchange Naira for Pounds. I was slightly amazed because I'd only just arrived from the UK about 3 days earlier and had about £4k that I wanted to melt down into Naira. I asked the fella his exchange rate and I was pleasantly surprised when he offered a rate far higher than other black-market rates. To cut long story short, I got his phone number with the intention of asking him to come to my friend's pad off Allen where I was staying to exchange some of my money. When I got home I told my friend...he told me clearly "don't try it, those guy are crooks and scammers" and I took his advice.

A few weeks later, an Uncle came from the US to stay with us at my friends place. He narrated how he exchanged some money the previous year, opposite the Ikeja Aiprot Hotel. According to him, they counted the money in his hands. He also counted it again by himself. By the time he got home...hey presto, money don short by several thousand Naira!

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by architez: 2:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
Jerry2i:
These things happen everyday,just because it hasn't happened to you you would not believe.
#talking from experience

Can someone tell me why these things never happen ln, say, US. Just asking.

Here are some other things we believed because we heard it from people who claimed it happened to them or they saw it with their own two eyes :

* India banned from Olympics because they always won with jazz
* Nig lost 99-1
*Stories about Zik, etc turning into flies, mamiwater, etc.
* There are so many. Add yours.
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by seangy4konji: 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
Always mind your biznss....why give someone a lift

Well as a oju eje guy...i no deh look any uche face.
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by otiigba1(m): 5:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
Nigerians will believe and want to believe this kinda bu..ll cra..p, its funny how gullible they can be if really this people have this so call super natural powers, why not put it in a positive use? Why always using it to con or deceive their fellow nigerians? It bogles the mind! undecided
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by otiigba1(m): 5:39pm On Jun 28, 2015
architez:

Can someone tell me why these things never happen ln, say, US. Just asking.

Here are some other things we believed because we heard it from people who claimed it happened to them or they saw it with their own two eyes :

* India banned from Olympics because they always won with jazz
* Nig lost 99-1
*Stories about Zik, etc turning into flies, mamiwater, etc.
* There are so many. Add yours.
i wonder o! Its like nigerians has been programmed to believe this hocus pocus, grin grin you could never convince them any different, some of them will even bet their life and properties on it
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by hahn(m): 5:58pm On Jun 28, 2015
obinoral1179:
those people has turn Good nigerians to bad people. When am walking in lagos and you asked me address now to just look you and move no time to waste time. The cure to their jazz is don't give them attention unless you are filled with the HOLY SPIRIT.

NB: if you like believed JAZZ is real or not that is your cup of tea and for those that thinks I cook this up, you are on your own and for those that believed this, please be careful of your surrounding when walking and moving around nigeria especially lagos.

I was so surprised when I saw this on front page,never knew it will make it.

Gracias to the mod that did the needful

Its not jazz. Apparently, while she was busy asking for extra money and then "advising" your babe to ensure she kept the N500 in place, she was only distracting them and switched the money. Scammers like that would have taken their time to change small cash into smaller denominations. Believe it or not, it's a business.

However, its not anyone's fault. E dey happen
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by blakky97(m): 8:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
obinoral1179:
blackky97 hope is not what am thinking?
far from it boss.
infact I opened my email address many years ago and that's what ive been using untill recently people started tellibg me about it. im dark in complexion though but its a coincidence. ill drop this moniker in short.
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by MrCEO69(m): 7:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
Lucasbalo:
I know evil exist but that one is strange. Maybe it's the American water in me. I am still doubtful but you may be right.
ok i get u, bt v you watched cris angel magic show, if u watch it ehn ur mind wil blow cos he uses both white nd dark magic wic his audiance dont know. There was this show he was put in a box of wood nd hand cuffed and rised above clif, he v to to tie his hand befor the time runs out nd he wood is that strng enough to hold is weigh, he was doing this in an open field kinda a vallys/hills, dis guy losed his hand b4 we knew what was happening d box broke wide open nd he was nt here, in d viwe of all d pple he came out frm d back. Hw did he do that one may ask. So wat am tryn to say is if a whole human cm disapper, wat about *paper*
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 08, 2017
denitro:

See ehn. God go bless you for this 2017. The exact fvcking same happened to me, but when you tell people they look at you like you're deranged. I changed a hundred dollar bill my uncle gave me, somehow this guy watched me count the money in anticipation of what I didn't hitherto understand . The look on his face was weird and he had a wry smile, it was like he expected me to blurt "One note remaining". As a matter of fact, he had the last note separately in his left hand (I actually put the pieces together after the ordeal). Why would he have the last note in his hand, Answer: he knew the amount he gave me was incomplete and wanted to hand the last piece to me separately. And when I eventually asserted my money was incomplete, he handed it to me like "there you go" with the smirk still on his face. I was subtle enough to notice these things, but I simply dismissed them because I was kind of oblivious. But after the thing do me wayo, all the money wey dey my left pocket vanish. No be joke. Since that day me sef don sabi the Owo anabo format.

1 Like

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 08, 2017
otiigba1:
Rubbish! the watch did not turn to stone, the watch was not put in the envelope in the first place, i do this trick all the time undecided next time insist the watch is given to you instead of putting in the envelope for you focus closely and make sure you are not distracted and you will catch them
You amuse me. I see you trying hard to squeeze misdirection into the matter but believe on top this grammar, É go shock you when this kind thing happen to you. It's fvcking real and it's called Owo anabo in Yoruba.The exact fvcking happened to me, but when you tell people they look at you like you're deranged. I changed a hundred dollar bill my uncle gave me, somehow this guy watched me count the money in anticipation of what I didn't hitherto understand . The look on his face was weird and he had a wry smile, it was like he expected me to blurt "One note remaining". As a matter of fact, he had the last note separately in his left hand (I actually put the pieces together after the ordeal). Why would he have the last note in his hand, Answer: he knew the amount he gave me was incomplete and wanted to hand the last piece to me separately. And when I eventually asserted my money was incomplete, he handed it to me like "there you go" with the smirk still on his face. I was subtle enough to notice these things, but I simply dismissed them because I was kind of oblivious. But after the thing do me wayo, all the money wey dey my left pocket vanish. No be joke. Since that day me sef don sabi the Owo anabo format.

1 Like

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by Elmojiid(m): 10:08pm On Jan 08, 2017
i tink it is called owo anabo
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by andyanders: 10:24pm On Jan 09, 2017
It sounded stupid for whatever reason for you to just meet a person while coming out of the bank and decided to give the person a ride. While going, same person you never knew now asked you for financial favor and you just dipped your finger and gave the person N500 naira and that same person further went ahead to tell you that you are more than that, that you should give or add more to that and your boss asked you you give her N1000 and took the N500 naira back., Same stranger now instructed them to return that money back to that same envelope you removed the money and you did. That shows that the two of you guys in the car are nothing but useless idiots who wanted to show off.

Out of their stupidity, they now tagged it that they were jazzed. Nonsense. If that same jazz works, no need to just do that on small cash. I will walk straight to the Central Bank or commercial bank, exchange that my own magic money with a cashier and stay outside the bank and the whole money in the bank would vanish. Nonsense.
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by andyanders: 10:43pm On Jan 09, 2017
Op, In fact, this story is just not right. I believed that your girlfriend or you must have scammed the man or your girlfriend in connivance with the so called strange woman scammed her boss as she must have exchanged the envelope containing the real money from the woman with the trash envelope containing the lower denomination.

For me, I will have your girlfriend arrested, tortured in order to extract the real story.

She planted the woman and they played on the man's intelligence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Criminals Caught With Charms In Ihiala, Anambra. Stripped Unclad (Photos) / Armed Robbers Shot Policeman’s Private Part & Shattered His Manhood / Mother Of Two Killed And Dismembered By Her Manfriend And His Ritualists Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.