Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

What Do You Understand By Jagaban? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Do You Understand By Jagaban? (21124 Views)

What Do Understand By Right Or Left Hand Driving? / In A Sentence , What Do You Understand By The Word Boko Haram? / What Do You Understand By This Selfie? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Understand By Jagaban? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
This question was asked by one of my co-passengers yesterday. The question was unexpected, and nobody was ready to say the meaning of Jagaban; probably they didn't know the meaning, or didn't know how to say it.

Suddenly, a man volunteered, "Jagaban is Bola Tinubu "

He didn't say more than that

And the person who asked the question said, "God is with Tinubu "

That singular statement motivated another listener to say:

"JAGABAN means somebody who God is with and support "

So what's your own definition of Jagaban?

Does Jagaban means someone who is wise, or desperate, or courageous, or powerful?

Who Tinubu the name, Jagaban?

Share with us your thoughts.
Re: What Do You Understand By Jagaban? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 28, 2015
Means best at doing something essp a negative smt
Re: What Do You Understand By Jagaban? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
Jagaban? Probably a very lengthy ban: the kind of ban you'd get for insulting Seun, Lalasticlala, GMB, Ishilove and Jesus Christ in a single post. You're welcome.
Re: What Do You Understand By Jagaban? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
RickRichards:
Jagaban? Probably a very lengthy ban: the kind of ban you'd get for insulting Seun, Lalasticlala, GMB, Ishilove and Jesus Christ in a single post. You're welcome.
i hope they won't mistake this for an insult.
Re: What Do You Understand By Jagaban? by pappy4real(m): 6:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
Jagaban was coined from a title that was bestowed on Tinunbu in a town named Borgu in a northern state. "Ja a gabar borgu' meaning leader of d town of borgu or asiwaju ilu borgu in yoruba.
Dunno y y'all locals gave d name so much hype n other ironic meanings

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand By Jagaban? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
Thugnificient:
i won't they won't mistake this for an insult.
Say what? I don't want a Jagaban o.
Re: What Do You Understand By Jagaban? by aristocrazzy: 6:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
All hail Tinubu, the jagaban of the century, cat with 9lives still intact. Jagaban means Jagaban this same way dbanj means dbanj.
Re: What Do You Understand By Jagaban? by slimstanakacns(m): 7:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
Best known to the bearer-for me Jaga was coined from Ijebu, gbam from calabar masquerade-so jagagbam is =Ijebu masquerade

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Understand By Jagaban? by Jaiyekay(m): 12:20am On Jan 09, 2016
#Jagaban --- Leader of warriors.

(1) (Reply)

What's A Little Thing That Actually Tells You A Lot About Someone? / Fadipe Charles Oluwatoyin Is Missing / Share Your Memorable Embarrassing Moment In The Romance Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.