Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,963 members, 7,866,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:33 PM

Meet Desayo Ajisegiri, First Class Nigerian Graduate From Howard University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Desayo Ajisegiri, First Class Nigerian Graduate From Howard University (974 Views)

Nigerian Lady Becomes First Nursing Graduate From Her Village(pics, Video) / Queenate Ibeto On Stage With Obama At Howard University Graduation Ceremony / Nigerian Girl & Her Mother Graduate From The Same School At The Same Time.Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Desayo Ajisegiri, First Class Nigerian Graduate From Howard University by timothyolam: 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2015

An African proverb has it that a lizard in Nigeria isn’t going to become a crocodile else where. Whatever you are will most certainly shoot out regardless of the situation or condition, all that is needed is a space of time. Typifying the saying that a gold-fish has no place to hide, Desayo Ajisegiri is a young Nigerian who flew the nation’s flags high during her academic sojourn at Howard University in the United States. In this interview, the 24-year-old graduate shares with Exclusive Africa’s Wale Ameen insights gleaned from the academic journey plus her vision for the future. Do enjoy and be inspired.

EA: A warm welcome to you Desayo, so take us through your academic journey. Coming out from Nigeria, the transition and what the journey was really like.

Desayo: I left Nigeria in January 2008 to study in the U.S. I landed in the dead of the winter in New York, it was the first shocking welcome I received. The major difference was the style of education, the terminologies, and the environment but as a Nigerian, we adapt, hence I adapted quite smoothly.

EA: So tell us what exactly made the style of education in the US different from what is obtainable in Nigeria?

Desayo: In terms of content, it is similar however, you get more hands on learning here and depending on the school you attend, you get very great interaction with professors and teaching assistants. There is the avenue for a free flow of dialogue between the student and the school officials, and there is an immediate reward of academic achievements in terms of deans list recognition, awards and so on.

/p54EX8-lJ
Re: Meet Desayo Ajisegiri, First Class Nigerian Graduate From Howard University by Holatunde007(m): 7:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
Mtcheeeew

(1) (Reply)

Adekunle Ajasin University Akure Post Utme Form Is Out / Macaranta.com Make Money Creating And Selling Courses online. / Study In The USA! No SAT, No GRE Exams Required!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.