Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? (4555 Views)

Learn Php On Nairaland Will Put You Guys Through / Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes / How Much Do You Think Nairaland Is Worth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? by davidsmith8900: 6:33am On Apr 29, 2015
Look at all da changes NL has made in da past ten years.... This is interesting ~> https://www.nairaland.com/2283384/photos-nairaland.com-inception-till-date
Re: Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? by sarutobi: 7:20am On Apr 29, 2015
davidsmith8900:

Definitely true.but Im not telling NL to downgrade, Im telling NL to upgrade. Like NL allowed Whatsapp n 2go to come into their country n rule them easily. Look at how LINE, WeChat n others are dominating the Asian market but couldnt dominate American n European markets? Look how Google n Facebook dominate American n European markets but couldnt dominate Asian markets. They could only do it 2 Nigerians n as long we may boring, dull n not creative, they'll always will.

Nigerians are trendy. Basically we are aggressive consumers of western technology. We find what they do to be cool and by so doing ignored our own.

Our local companies prefer to do business with microsoft or google.

There was a messaging app like whatsApp from Uganda launched around 2005 in Uganda, guess what nobody cared about it and it died but immediatley whatsApp came out much later, everybody is using it.

When i started programming, i wanted to create something cool, I know i can. But who will use my product?

So, Nigerian programmers are creative but creativity will never put food on your table here.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? by davidsmith8900: 8:05am On Apr 29, 2015
sarutobi:

Nigerians are trendy. Basically we are aggressive consumers of western technology. We find what they do to be cool and by so doing ignored our own.

Our local companies prefer to do business with microsoft or google.

There was a messaging app like whatsApp from Uganda launched around 2005 in Uganda, guess what nobody cared about it and it died but immediatley whatsApp came out much later, everybody is using it.

When i started programming, i wanted to create something cool, I know i can. But who will use my product?

So, Nigerian programmers are creative but creativity will never put food on your table here.

How are Nigerians creative? N if creativity doesn't put food on da table, then what will?
Re: Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? by davidsmith8900: 8:06am On Apr 29, 2015
GodMode:

If they want to move it.. They should do it during the day..

Yeah, like right now.
Re: Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? by davidsmith8900: 8:07am On Apr 29, 2015
GodMode:

Like I said, its not easy to think...

I'm not talking of those guys that install cms and other software...

I talking about the "ones that write code"...

Note: I said "write code" which includes checking coding sites for examples..

I did not say "those ones that programming is like ABC"... cos those guys are 50 programmers in one person..

Very understood.
Re: Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? by davidsmith8900: 8:09am On Apr 29, 2015
Grime:

Probably won't happen, sadly. It sure sounds like negative vibe.

What do u mean by negative vibe?
Re: Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? by davidsmith8900: 8:11am On Apr 29, 2015
GodMode:

When "those guys" hear that someone in Africa is trying to make things happen... Do you think they'll sit back watch

The N:aij:a g:ovt is ready to betray their own... Look at BVN... Now F:asho:la wants to put free Wi Fi in everyone's homes...

"Those guys" are putting things in place to monitor N:igerians and the N:aij:a g:ovt is accepting with open hands( though they are already monitoring, they want it to be more effective)...

Every country is under watch n surveillance. Think of the NSA, but dat doesnt stop Americans from being innovative, does it?
Re: Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? by davidsmith8900: 8:12am On Apr 29, 2015
100ksalescom:

Will not happen but if you've noticed webmasters n programmers are more active btw 6pm to 6am on nairaland. So your morning talk no go too work the way you think.

Can we make them move this to front page in order 2 get proper feedback?
Re: Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? by 100ksalescom(m): 10:40am On Apr 29, 2015
davidsmith8900:

Can we make them move this to front page in order 2 get proper feedback?

Will you take a topic to the front page that talks about the negative aspect of a website you own?
Except seun surprises us i don't see it happening. Its a negative vibe like some1 said above me.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? by davidsmith8900: 11:25am On Apr 29, 2015
100ksalescom:

Will you take a topic to the front page that talks about the negative aspect of a website you own?
Except seun surprises us i don't see it happening. Its a negative vibe like some1 said above me.

We not talking about da negative aspects, we need it to become betta.
Re: Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? by 100ksalescom(m): 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2015
davidsmith8900:

Then feel free to send seun a pm
Re: Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? by Grime: 3:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
davidsmith8900:

This comment sorts of devaluates every other thing you've proposed on this thread.

There are certain things that should be avoided for the sake of business. Even though these notions would expand a customer's knowledge about the activities of a company, they are certainly not necessary at all. Imagine if MTN sends this to you:

"Dear customer, three of our fibre optic cables recently experienced irreversible damage, and our network speed will be affected for the next 6 months. Do you think our business is dying slowly? Please reply with feedback, thanks."

Or a software developer sending this to a client:

"Guy! I know the deadline is 2morrow but I lent someone my HDD and they have infected it with trojan monkey virus. All your work was inside!! As it is right now, i can start over and still meet the deadline but I just want to know if u will still trust me in future. Pls I need ur feedback bro."

The moment people start thinking about something, it starts to take control of their thinking in a way that it projects itself whenever that thing is remembered.

Yesterday I read a story about a business owner who always wore a badge that said "Business Is Great", that badge improved his business and brought him loyal customers.

In your free time, you should also watch "The law of attraction", the documentary (not the movie). There's an article on wikipedia too.
Re: Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? by pelij18(m): 8:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
GodMode:

A serious person doesn't need creative programmers all a person needs is vBulletin, huge advertising budget and NL is history...

When a huge ad budget, I mean someone with the backing of a Venture Capital..

Or

Someone who knows what he/she is doing..

Though alexa is not 100% accurate check NL stats and compare it to Naij... Naij is more popular.
yes naij is more popular grin
Re: Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? by pelij18(m): 9:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
davidsmith8900:

Definitely true.but Im not telling NL to downgrade, Im telling NL to upgrade. Like NL allowed Whatsapp n 2go to come into their country n rule them easily. Look at how LINE, WeChat n others are dominating the Asian market but couldnt dominate American n European markets? Look how Google n Facebook dominate American n European markets but couldnt dominate Asian markets. They could only do it 2 Nigerians n as long we may boring, dull n not creative, they'll always will.
In addendum to your point...

Look how facebook dominated Nigeria and other countries but couldn't dominate Russian market, as vk is currently the most used and known social network over there.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? by pelij18(m): 9:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
davidsmith8900:

This statement is so not true.
i almost replied him but later decided to keep mute.
Re: Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? by GodMode: 9:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
pelij18:
i almost replied him but later decided to keep mute.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Keyword Is Important In SEO Or Paid Search Marketing / Watch The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Movies Online, Free Movies Online / Which Of This Hosting Plans Should I Go For For My New Blog?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.