Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,580 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Who Will Be My Spare Tyre (deputy Governor) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Be My Spare Tyre (deputy Governor) (520 Views)

Who Will Be My Spare Tyre (deputy Governor) / Vp’s Office Under APC Not A Spare Tyre -osinbajo / Niger State Deputy Governor Decamps To APC With 200 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Be My Spare Tyre (deputy Governor) by boboje: 9:50am On Apr 29, 2015
By Reuben Ayodele

Recent political development in Nigeria, as shown that the seat of a deputy governor is like sitting on a keg of gun powder. Deputy Governors have become endangered species in every state in Nigeria. If this situation do not change a time will come when their will be adverts placement on the position and criteria to have before an individual can aspire to be a Deputy Governor in Nigeria.
Some of the qualification you have to possess including the followings:
1. You must not be below 65years
2. You must not have a poultry farm in government house
3. You must greet her Excellency the first lady first or possible buy her wigs ,shoes and fashion accessories weekly.
4. You must decamp with me to a new political party whenever there is political crisis.
5. You must not visit Abuja except on my order
6. You will not sign or approved any money beyond #300,000
7. If you are a man, your wife must be doing my house chore for my wife, if the deputy governor is a woman, your husband must be one of my domestic aid.
8. You must smile and laugh when I laugh.
If you are capable of fulfilling all this criteria I will make you my deputy governor and a likely successor.
All these requirements are not exaggeration but what is the real requirement in Nigeria today before you can be seen as a loyal deputy governor.
I cannot remember which state in Nigeria that as not have it fair share of governor versus deputy governor political conflict from Enugu,Bauchi,Imo,Ebonyi,Adamawa,Taraba,Ekiti,Zamfara,Anambra,Oyo, Plateau, Sokoto, Lagos, Akwa Ibom and just this week Ondo state Governor Mimiko and his Deputy Governor Olanusi who was impeached by the kangaroo assembly members, who as usual their pocket have been serviced by millions of State fund. Except in few cases through divine intervention that a Deputy succeeds his boss.
A case in point is after the death of sir Patrick Yakowa (Kaduna state) in which Ramalan Yero succeded him and Mamman Ali was succeeded by Ibrahim Geidan,Also the case of president Jonathan emergence as of Bayelsa and later as president of Nigeria after the demise of late President Umar Musa Yar’Adua.Likewise Bala Ngalairi Adamawa and Taraba State present acting Governor.
However, despite the political trivial of Deputy governors, a few others have been able to take over from their bosses, An example is Mamuhd Ahmed Shinkafi ,who Senator Ahmed Yerima handed over power to, although the marriage was short lived by political differences, another example is Kano state Governor Rabiu Musa kwankwaso who will hand over to his Deputy Umar Ganduje. The Scenario in Ebonyi State is different because the Governor and Deputy governor belong to different political camp.
The Nigeria constitution, must be review to make the position of a Deputy governor or Vice president institutional base, other than been seen as a spare part. Section 187 of the 1999 constitution must be strictly adhere to. Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar will have an encyclopedia to his name, because he has a full dose of how a Vice President should not be treated in the hand of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
But it high time our political office holders know that political power is not forever, one day you will also become a former president, Governor, Senator etc. what will history say about you? There is God oooo

http://bnaijatalks..com/2015/04/who-will-be-my-spare-tyre-deputy.html
Re: Who Will Be My Spare Tyre (deputy Governor) by Caseless: 10:53am On Apr 29, 2015
I'm coming back for this.

(1) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan’s Aides Plot To Destabilise Us — PDP / Senator Kabiru Gaya (APC Kano)demands 50% Pay Cut For Buhari,lawmakers,others / Why @bukolasaraki Should Be Senate President - Saheed Popoola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.