Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,933 members, 7,828,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Nigeria Oil Company Overpaid Govt $750M - Audit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Oil Company Overpaid Govt $750M - Audit (949 Views)

Nigeria’s Oil Output Rises To 1.6mbpd / Nigeria To Receive Another $750m (n150 bn) From Abacha’s Loot; N2bn From Ibori’ / EXPOSED!!! Yar’adua Canceled Sale Of Refineries, Refunded Dangote’s $750m – OBJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Oil Company Overpaid Govt $750M - Audit by ifyan(m): 10:06am On Apr 29, 2015
An audit of Nigeria's state oil firm said it overpaid Goodluck Jonathan's government by $750-million, and had not properly accounted for $1.5-billion.

A forensic audit of Nigeria’s state oil firm said the company, accused of corruption, actually overpaid the state by almost $750-million, but should still pay it an additional $1.5-billion.

Outgoing Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan released the audit days after his elected replacement, Muhammadu Buhari, pledged to issue the report and crack down on corruption in the energy company once in office.

The probe of Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation’s (NNPC) books was instituted last year after former central bank governor Lamido Sanusi said the firm had withheld $20-billion in oil revenue from government coffers, jeopardising the country’s finances.

Details in the PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC) audit said NNPC actually overpaid by $0.74-billion in the period between January 2012 to July 2013, after remitting $50.81-billion to federation accounts of the $69.34-billion it had received.

The balance of $18.53-billion was accounted for through various operational costs, unremitted revenues by a subsidiary and gasoline and kerosene subsidies, it said.

Sanusi had told a Senate committee in 2014 that NNPC had received $67-billion and handed over only $47-billion.

After the allegations, Jonathan publicly dismissed the claim and replaced Sanusi, saying the banker had mismanaged the central bank’s budget. Sanusi has since become Emir of Kano, the country’s second-highest Islamic authority.

The PwC audit, however, said NNPC and its upstream subsidiary, the Nigerian Petroleum
Development Company, should hand over $1.48-billion arising from unsubstantiated costs, duplicated subsidy claims and computation errors.

‘Urgent review’

The report also recommended an overhaul of how NNPC is run.

“The NNPC model of operation must be urgently reviewed and restructured, as the current model, which has been in operation since the creation of the corporation cannot be sustained,” it said in the 200-page document.

An earlier one-page version of the report, which had been due out in September, was released in February.

The affair has caused consternation in a nation long accustomed to reports of grand graft in Africa’s largest oil producer.

Analysts say Buhari, 72, managed to oust Jonathan in elections last month because voters believed he would tackle graft in Africa’s largest economy.

Source:www.nairausd..com Visit for more information
Re: Nigeria Oil Company Overpaid Govt $750M - Audit by jascon1(m): 10:08am On Apr 29, 2015
Honestly, am tired of this country. My brothers, It is on the record that I've tried my very best to save Nigerian, but it is now obvious that Nigeria is unsalvageable.
So, as am talking to youz now, I've done my bag and am on my way to Congo Brazzaville. I will see you all in the new Nigeria. cry cry cry sad
Re: Nigeria Oil Company Overpaid Govt $750M - Audit by hubbyc: 10:17am On Apr 29, 2015
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Nigeria Oil Company Overpaid Govt $750M - Audit by taharqa: 10:51am On Apr 29, 2015
jascon1:
Lies

What is the Lies there??

This report is from Reuters and is closer to the true summary of the PWC Audit report, more than those presented by APC clowns here on NL and in the wider media
Re: Nigeria Oil Company Overpaid Govt $750M - Audit by CustomerSupport(f): 10:53am On Apr 29, 2015
Keep track of your employee time & attendance with Biometric time Device

Re: Nigeria Oil Company Overpaid Govt $750M - Audit by ifyan(m): 1:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
jascon1:
Honestly, am tired of this country. My brothers, It is on the record that I've tried my very best to save Nigerian, but it is now obvious that Nigeria is unsalvageable.
So, as am talking to youz now, I've done my bag and am on my way to Congo Brazzaville. I will see you all in the new Nigeria. cry cry cry sad

Don't give up.

Remember how great men achieve their goals.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Oil Company Overpaid Govt $750M - Audit by ifyan(m): 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
taharqa:

What is the Lies there??

This report is from Reuters and is closer to the true summary of the PWC Audit report, more than those presented by APC clowns here on NL and in the wider media

Should I say supported.
Re: Nigeria Oil Company Overpaid Govt $750M - Audit by luvmijeje(f): 1:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
We haff hear........... But which money is the corrupt beauty Dieazani returning to the coffer?
Re: Nigeria Oil Company Overpaid Govt $750M - Audit by sexymoma(f): 1:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
I refuse to write a word concerning this matter

Meanwhile how come 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Million U.S Dollars Got Missing without any trace

This country is a joke angry
Re: Nigeria Oil Company Overpaid Govt $750M - Audit by asala1: 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
taharqa:

What is the Lies there??

This is what is funny about the whole thing. Where did they get the excess to pay more? I believe some people didn't do their home work right when forging out numbers, they forge so tey they even overpaid. How much oil is the Nigerian government exporting per day? No one knows.
Re: Nigeria Oil Company Overpaid Govt $750M - Audit by taharqa: 3:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
ifyan:

Should I say supported.

You are free...
Re: Nigeria Oil Company Overpaid Govt $750M - Audit by ifyan(m): 3:26pm On Apr 29, 2015
taharqa:

You are free...

Ok sir, supported.
Re: Nigeria Oil Company Overpaid Govt $750M - Audit by ifyan(m): 3:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
sexymoma:
I refuse to write a word concerning this matter

Meanwhile how come 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Million U.S Dollars Got Missing without any trace

This country is a joke angry

You made a mistake, not million but billions
Re: Nigeria Oil Company Overpaid Govt $750M - Audit by ifyan(m): 3:29pm On Apr 29, 2015
luvmijeje:
We haff hear........... But which money is the corrupt beauty Dieazani returning to the coffer?

Na so we hearam
Re: Nigeria Oil Company Overpaid Govt $750M - Audit by sexymoma(f): 4:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
ifyan:

You made a mistake, not million but billions
Are you serious shocked
Re: Nigeria Oil Company Overpaid Govt $750M - Audit by ifyan(m): 4:23pm On Apr 29, 2015
sexymoma:
Are you serious shocked

Yes ma.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Pej??? / Buhari Will Not Impose NA Leaders / Attention Fashola: Forest Taken Over Government College Ikorodu...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.