Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,449 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Fayose, APC, PDP Lawmakers Hold Peace Meeting Tomorrow. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose, APC, PDP Lawmakers Hold Peace Meeting Tomorrow. (587 Views)

Media Attacks On Adeboye Orchestrated By Ayodele Fayose – APC / Fayose, Ekiti Lawmakers Hold Thanksgiving Service At Deeper Life: Photos / Impeachment: No Escape Route For Fayose – APC Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose, APC, PDP Lawmakers Hold Peace Meeting Tomorrow. by toluk: 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2015
Ekiti State Governor Ayo Fayose, the 19 All Progressives Congress (APC) lawmakers and seven Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) lawmakers are to meet tomorrow to resolve the raging impeachment crisis rocking the state.

The meeting is at the instance of the state’s elders led by an eminent lawyer and founder of Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD), Chief Afe Babalola.

The peace meeting is scheduled to hold at ABUAD and will bring the warring factions together in a face-to-face interactive session for the first time since the crisis erupted last November.

Fayose, in a statement he signed on Tuesday in Ado-Ekiti, has pledged his readiness to be committed to peace moves.

The governor said he was committed to the peace move to end the crisis and restore the state to the path of peace, prosperity and development.

He said the peace of Ekiti State is far above all interests and therefore everyone should support the elders’ peace efforts.

His words: “Ekiti elders, under the leadership of our highly respected legal icon Aare Afe Babalola (SAN), called a meeting between the two factions of the House of Assembly to resolve political crisis and I have no objection because the peace of Ekiti is far and above all other interests.

“The meeting is scheduled to hold at the Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti at 11am tomorrow.

“I, therefore, call on everybody to support this peace move and no one should do anything to undermine it.

“Knowing how agitated and concern the people of Ekiti have been on this crisis, I wish to urge our people to give this peace effort a chance.

“I urge security agencies to see to it that adequate security is provided before, during and after the meeting.

“I thank Ekiti people for their unflinching support for the government and appeal to them to continue to maintain peace, bearing in mind that no society can progress in an atmosphere of rancour.”
Re: Fayose, APC, PDP Lawmakers Hold Peace Meeting Tomorrow. by Acekidc4(m): 5:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
Peace Meeting Bawo

That Agbero Role Model of Temitemi1 should be thrown out of the Government House!!!

Anyway my People, let's forgive that Rascal Man!!
Re: Fayose, APC, PDP Lawmakers Hold Peace Meeting Tomorrow. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
Acekidc4:
Peace Meeting Bawo

That Agbero Role Model of Temitemi1 should be thrown out of the Government House!!!

Anyway my People, let's forgive that Rascal Man!!

As if they can pull it off. They have been making noise for over a month now.You see how Mimiko just removed that rascal in just one week.That is how to go and not coming to the media to rant for over one month
Re: Fayose, APC, PDP Lawmakers Hold Peace Meeting Tomorrow. by denziz: 6:13pm On Apr 29, 2015
when you open your mouth and yawn abata you don't know there are people who could hold you down.We know what you are trying to do,this your tactics of buying time will lead to nowhere, we are going to impeach you.
Re: Fayose, APC, PDP Lawmakers Hold Peace Meeting Tomorrow. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
This is what they ought to av done instead of ranting and causing crisis in the peaceful city.
Inter party crisis can't help bt rather they should come and iron things out on how to bring progress to the state. They all sons of the soil.
Re: Fayose, APC, PDP Lawmakers Hold Peace Meeting Tomorrow. by helpee(m): 6:19pm On Apr 29, 2015
The APC lawmakers are looking for a dignifying way of backing out of this impeachment. They want a soft landing. After the meeting they will issue a statement that due to the intervention of the elders they want to allow peace to reign. GEJ may not be my hero but fayose is Definately my role model. He is the only governor in nigeria in the last election and probably in history to score 100percent in all the elections. By any standard, that is political genius. Temitemi, may I be allowed to copyright your statement....fayose my role model

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Will Soon End As 8 Ships Arrive In Lagos / Fraudulent Gtbank Messages Going Round, Pls Be Careful! / Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.