Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News (1945 Views)

Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) / One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News / SUIT AGAINST BUHARI: Oil Community berates sacked NDDC board members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by backtosender: 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
Residents of Eha Ndiagu, an oil bearing community in Nsukka Local Government Area of Enugu State are groaning over lack of access road to the community since the end of the Nigeria- Biafran civil war about 45 years ago. For anybody in the community to get to the Nsukka Local Government headquarters, such a person must go through Ikem, in Isi Uzo Local Government via Obollo Afor in Udenu Local Government, before reaching Nsukka through Ovoko in Igboeze South Local Government Area. Investigations by South East Voice showed that apart from the high cost of such journey, a lot of man-hours are lost as the journey which ordinarily would not take more than an hour usuallytake a whole day. After many decades of agony, the people had since resigned their fate to God and adapted to primitive living conditions. “We seem to have been abandoned by all the tiers of government. Our people are even considering making request to be merged with the people of Benue State, since we have not been assisted by the state government by way of provision of social amenities,’’ a retired teacher and community leaders in the area, Mr. Uwakwe Agbo, told South East Voice. Agbo said that apart from high cost of travelling, hundreds of sick people and pregnant women had also died over minor sicknesses that could have been treated in hospitals at Nsukka or Enugu as there were no vehicles to convey them. ‘’Sometimes, we try to take sick people to Nsukka on commercial motorcycles, but most of them end up dying before help could come to them in hospitals. ‘’Eha-Ndiagu is predominantly a farming community and famous for the production of yam, cassava, tomatoes and cashew nuts, but our farmers have no means of transporting them to the cities where they can make maximum profit. ‘’ Although there are public secondary schools in Eha Ndiagu, they are inhabited by rodents. Reason, officials posted to our schools are unwilling to come to Eha-Ndiagu after their first visit on motorcycles. The result is that the schools are without teachers except those who are indigenes. ‘’Besides, the unfortunate situation is adversely affecting the exploration of oil found in the community since 1956. The road has been in a state of disrepair since after the war in 1970 and over time, it began to deteriorate until it became completely washed away by soil erosion that has created yawning gullies and tunnels on the road making it impassable by vehicles,’’ Agbo said. The Chairman of Nsukka Local Government Area, Mr. Charles Ugwu, described the Eha-Ndiagu situation as unfortunate when South East Voice approached him for comments on the issue. Ugwu said there was nothing a local government could do to fight the erosion in area. “The road belongs to the state government and we have drawn their attention to the plight of Eha-Ndiagu people and we are optimistic that something would be done on it soon,’’ he said - http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/erosion-cuts-off-enugu-oil-community-for-45yrs/
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
Too bad
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by backtosender: 8:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
The same area ekwere mmadu deputy senate president hails from now look at it what did they gained from it...chime fall my hand in this one hoohaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by imbless: 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2015
in Chris Tucker's voice 45yrs mehn that's too much
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by efilefun(m): 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2015
And they still hell bent in returning same group of people to power... it really baffles me how some people put religion and tribe before the development of their society. A whole Deputy senate president is from that same state, what has he been doing?
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by frodobee: 9:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
backtosender:
The same area ekwere mmadu deputy senate president hails from now look at it what did they gained from it...chime fall my hand in this one hoohaa

I quoted you cuz someone liked your wrong assertion. That constituency is represented by Gil Nnaji not Ike. From your writing and spelling I could tell you are not from this part. No pun, but I wonder what we gain from misinformation and mudslinging.

To the topic, the people now have their own in power come may 29th and I expect they will pass the message across to him appropriately. Amenities like this are the rights of citizens and the duty of government.

3 Likes

Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by ChikezieU(m): 9:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
backtosender:
u r a bastard, am sorry to go hard on you bt u really pissed me off, u created a post like this just for u to wait for one person to comment for u to quickly assert it to Ekweremadu, who told you he is from that region. You come to an open thread like this to post wrong info to slander someones name. Well with this, i can say the erosion stuff i also a lie as delibrate misinformation has ran you crazy
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by ChikezieU(m): 9:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
efilefun:
And they still hell bent in returning same group of people to power... it really baffles me how some people put religion and tribe before the development of their society. A whole Deputy senate president is from that area, what has he been doing?
mr, if you really dont were ur Deputy Senate president is from you should ask atleast bf talking nonsense
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by BlackTechnology: 9:45pm On Apr 29, 2015
No pics and video

Vanguard = Rearguard
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by Caseless: 9:58pm On Apr 29, 2015
For the past 6 years, your son, azikiwe , has been in power, you mean he did not fix that?
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by feldido(m): 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
Erosion control? HAAA that one pass LGA ooo, probably state government or FG, it's a huge project oo
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by emmatok(m): 10:15pm On Apr 29, 2015
[quote author=ChikezieU post=33252154] [s] u r a bastard, am sorry to go hard on you bt u really pissed me off, u created a post like this just for u wait for one person to comment for u to quickly assert it to Ekweremadu, who told you he is from that region. You come to an open thread like this to post wrong info to slander someones name. Well with this, i can say the erosion stuff i also a lie as delibrate misinformation has ran you crazy[[/s]/quote]

Didn't you see a source below the Post, why are you attacking the op for a news he didn't create.

If you don't like the story simply stay off the thread .

1 Like

Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by asala1: 10:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
Lol
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by ibedun: 10:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
Igbo people need deliverance.

1 Like

Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
[size=18pt]Ondo Strange Disease: Community leader explains “mystery” behind deaths[/size]

[s]
ibedun:
Igbo people need deliverance.
[/s]

A local chief in Ondo State has explained the “mystery” behind a strange and unknown killer disease that has ravaged a town in the state, killing at least 14 people.
The community leader, Moses Enimade, the Oyewoga of Ode Irele in Ondo State, said the disease came as punishment for the “sacrilege” committed against Molokun, the local deity in the area.
Mr. Enimade, next in command to the Oba, Cornelius Olanrewaju-Lebi, stated this in Irele on Saturday.
No fewer than 14 people have died of severe headaches and blindness in the town recently.
There have been no explanation for the disease. Victims have tested negative to Ebola, the deadly and incurable virus that killed thousands across West Africa, including Nigeria.
Mr. Enimade debunked the rumour that the deaths were caused by strange disease or Ebola virus.
Mr. Enimade said some stubborn youth broke into the inner room of the Molokun shrine on April 15.
“Molokun is a deity of the land,” he said. “Only the Chief Priest and High Chief Gboguron are qualified to enter the shrine.”
The chief said the youth entered the shrine and made away with traditional items in a bid to acquire extra-ordinary powers and engage in money ritual.
“They were not qualified to enter the (shrine),” he said. “They had to face the death penalty.”
The Oyewoga said he could not remember the last time Molokun or any other gods had to strike like this in the area.
According to him, there is no community or town without its own culture and tradition. He said what happened in Irele was the judgement of the gods on the youth.
“Even the Kabiesi himself is not permitted to enter the Molokun Shrine’s inner room except the Chief Priest and High Chief Gboguron. Sacrifice must be performed before they can enter.
“Because these youths want to be rich at all costs, they entered the sacred place and made away with traditional items and 20 of them have died as a result of their desperate acts,” he said. “We have to appease the gods or else many will still die and we have to bury them according to tradition. Their corpses belong to the gods and will be exhumed if buried by their families.”
He restated that the deaths were not caused by diseases or Ebola as widely speculated.
“The death caused by Molokun is characterised by severe headache and blindness,” he said. “Proverbs 29:1 in the Bible say: `He that had been reproved and hardened his neck shall suddenly be destroyed without remedy; so youths of nowadays must be careful.’”
Some residents appealed to the chief priest to make the necessary atonement to avert calamity in the town.
They said news of the deaths had given the town and state a bad name.
Sheed Osuolale said he was afraid when the news broke.
Esther Bantefa said the news had given the town and the state a bad name. She said the chief priest should as a matter of urgency perform necessary rituals.
“Our people in Lagos and other towns called us to get information if it was Ebola outbreak,” she said.
Tayo Akinyelure said parents should warn their children against going near shrines.
“Many youths do not believe in all these traditions and customs,” Mrs. Akinyelure said. “It is high time parents warned their children against committing sacrilege.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/181650-ondo-strange-disease-community-leader-explains-mystery-behind-deaths.html

1 Like

Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by basilo101: 12:04am On Apr 30, 2015
frodobee:

I quoted you cuz someone liked your wrong assertion. That constituency is represented by Gil Nnaji not Ike. From your writing and spelling I could tell you are not from this part. No pun, but I wonder what we gain from misinformation and mudslinging.

To the topic, the people now have their own in power come may 29th and I expect they will pass the message across to him appropriately. Amenities like this are the rights of citizens and the duty of government.
its actually ayogu eze's domain
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by basilo101: 12:07am On Apr 30, 2015
D ikem to obollo afor is gud, constructed by chime, jst dat its longer. And dat comunity is very tiny and scanty to attract serious attention
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by dokyOloye: 12:26am On Apr 30, 2015
backtosender:
Ekweremadu isn't representing that area sir.
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by whitecat1: 12:55am On Apr 30, 2015
Pathological liars have come again!

How do you know that you have oil if you have been hidden away from civilization for 45 years.

ibos will soon announce that Jesus has landed in the SE just to get attention.

1 Like

Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by mazeltov(m): 1:11am On Apr 30, 2015
These are part of the things that need urgent attention, by my pple no be to dey come drag who develop lagos state or fight over the ownership of lagos and kano
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by cyprus000: 1:25am On Apr 30, 2015
backtosender:
[size=15pt] my brda.
Please stop saying what you know nothing about.
You are misinforming the public.
[/size]
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by ifyan(m): 2:40am On Apr 30, 2015
Very unfortunate.
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News by ChikezieU(m): 6:38am On Apr 30, 2015
[quote author=emmatok post=33253832][/quote] cooking up a source doesnt make it true, if the likes of you love false info i dont

(1) (Reply)

Apc's Official Response To VP Osinbanjo's Exclusion From Security Meeting.. / Another Funny Photos Made By IPOB On Nigeria THE ZOO / We Will Arrest Saraki Before Monday – IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.