Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

The 4 Executed Nigerian Drug Smugglers In Indonesia Died Singing Gospel Hymns - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The 4 Executed Nigerian Drug Smugglers In Indonesia Died Singing Gospel Hymns (850 Views)

Burial Photos Of 6 ERCC Mothers Who Died In Accident On Kajuru Junction In Kebbi / See The Mysterious Sea Creature Which Washed Up On The Coast Of Indonesia Video / 50 Prominent Nigerians Who Died In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 4 Executed Nigerian Drug Smugglers In Indonesia Died Singing Gospel Hymns by paris01: 9:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
Source: Refuge Network International

The final moments of the 8 men executed for drug peddling in Indonesia has been revealed.The men are said to have refused their blindfolds while singing gospel hymns including Amazing Grace and Bless the Lord O My Soul as they faced the hail of bullets from the firing squad.

“When they were being put on the cross for execution they were singing on the crosses and we were in a tent not too far away from the execution place trying to support them,” Father Charlie Burrows told News Corp Australia.

Pastor Karina de Vega said the men were “excited to meet their God”.She told the Sydney Morning Herald:”They bonded together. Brotherhood. They sang one song after another. Praising God. They sang a few songs together, like in a choir.

“The non-Christian, I believe, also sang from his heart. It was such an experience.”

The families of the condemned held a candle-lit vigil nearby shortly before the execution of their loved ones.

The four Nigerians,two Australians, a Brazilian and an Indonesian were then led to a clearing in the jungle were they faced the firing squad.

Christina Widiantarti, a lawyer for the Brazilian convict and a witness to the execution, said: “The good thing is all prisoners were executed together while praying and singing.

“Before that they hugged each other, saying goodbye.”

http://www.refugenetworkinternational.com/blog/the-nigerians-and-4-other-drug-smugglers-sang-amazing-grace-hymn-as-they-bravely-embrace-death-during-their-execution-in-indonesia/

Re: The 4 Executed Nigerian Drug Smugglers In Indonesia Died Singing Gospel Hymns by RobinHez(m): 9:46pm On Apr 29, 2015
what can i say?.......well, i want to believe that they've gotten their life right with God, and with the assurance of bliss for all eternity, they sang the Amazing grace hymn. Jesus said to the thief on the cross "today my friend, u'll be with me in paradise"

i dont want you to wait till u're facing the firing squad before you accept Him....find a Relationship with God now that His Grace is sufficient!
Re: The 4 Executed Nigerian Drug Smugglers In Indonesia Died Singing Gospel Hymns by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
I'm having mixed feelings of anger, indifference, pity, sadness and hope that they make heaven. angry angry
Re: The 4 Executed Nigerian Drug Smugglers In Indonesia Died Singing Gospel Hymns by kestolove95(m): 10:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
From singing maga don pay or I don hammer to singing gospel rhymes
Re: The 4 Executed Nigerian Drug Smugglers In Indonesia Died Singing Gospel Hymns by ireneony(f): 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
eyyah such is life cry
Re: The 4 Executed Nigerian Drug Smugglers In Indonesia Died Singing Gospel Hymns by Caseless: 10:53pm On Apr 29, 2015
Who wont return to God at such point? If we all know the time of our death, then we'll be prepared and more religious.
R.I.P

(1) (Reply)

Chai! See This Hilarious School List Of A 200 Level Female Student / Do You Still Remember This Clipper? / Shocking! The Life Of Sarah Baartman's - South African Woman Displayed In France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.