Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,808 members, 7,862,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:43 PM

Latest Dating Trends And The Questions That Needs Answers? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Latest Dating Trends And The Questions That Needs Answers? (747 Views)

X / Yoruba Naming Trends / See Funny Comments As #EDOGIRLS Trends On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latest Dating Trends And The Questions That Needs Answers? by Denko2721987(m): 1:10am On Apr 30, 2015
I have woken up to so many trends in my life that simply just came out of the blue. Be it social, religious, cultural and what have we, with some positive, some funny, some bizarre and some just utterly outrageous and ridiculous.

One of such current trends i am observing is the common habit among men of nowadays asking women whom they are currently in a relationship with or trying to date - 'How many men they have dated or slept with in the past'.

So depending on your perspective of this question, my first question is - What moral justification do men whom are mostly promiscuous in nature and whom have most probably lost count of the number of cherries they have popped in their lifetime have to ask such a question in the first place? Or e they commandment say na only men deserve good things for this life?

My second question is - If we were to just ignore the intensity of such virulent question and bring ourselves to the same mental level of the man asking such a question, then how many men should we consider appropriate or acceptable for a woman to have dated in her past before she is deemed righteous enough for marriage?

My third question is? How relevant or irrelevant is such a question in the first place?

[EACH QUESTION CARRIES 50 MARKS]
Re: Latest Dating Trends And The Questions That Needs Answers? by wwwbabe(f): 1:20am On Apr 30, 2015
In summary

men want to know what they are in for from day one

thanks n now my full marks
Re: Latest Dating Trends And The Questions That Needs Answers? by Denko2721987(m): 1:31am On Apr 30, 2015
wwwbabe:
In summary

men want to know what they are in for from day one

thanks n now my full marks

Do women feel less concerned about what they would be in for?

10/150
Re: Latest Dating Trends And The Questions That Needs Answers? by MRBrownJ: 5:05am On Apr 30, 2015
Denko2721987:
I have woken up to so many trends in my life that simply just came out of the blue. Be it social, religious, cultural and what have we, with some positive, some funny, some bizarre and some just utterly outrageous and ridiculous.

One of such current trends i am observing is the common habit among men of nowadays asking women whom they are currently in a relationship with or trying to date - 'How many men they have dated or slept with in the past'.

So depending on your perspective of this question, my first question is - What moral justification do men whom are mostly promiscuous in nature and whom have most probably lost count of the number of cherries they have popped in their lifetime have to ask such a question in the first place? Or e they commandment say na only men deserve good things for this life?

My second question is - If we were to just ignore the intensity of such virulent question and bring ourselves to the same mental level of the man asking such a question, then how many men should we consider appropriate or acceptable for a woman to have dated in her past before she is deemed righteous enough for marriage?

My third question is? How relevant or irrelevant is such a question in the first place?

[EACH QUESTION CARRIES 50 MARKS]

bro, dating is not a do or die affair therefore men (and women) have the right to decide what is important to them in a partner. who are we to decide what "should" be important for others? so long as each and everyone is happy with the characteristics of their partner then so be it. my perspective on the question about a woman's past is that such question makes a lot of sense because the answer will give you a clear picture about the type of person you are dealing with. someone who never dated nor had previous bf would be easy to handle because she would have NO experience with men (some people seek for these clueless women), while a lady who has had a "lot" of men passing through her legs life would be a pro in the dating game (and therefore harder to fool or take advantage of)

on with your questions,
#1: first of all, i suggest you stop putting all men in the same bag by assuming that all have had countless partners in their lives. Second, whether a man has had a few partners in his life or not has nothing to do with finding someone right in his life. if a man decides that he doesnt want to meet women that have had a lot of ex partners then that is his right (whether he has 0 or 100 exes).

the fact that you believe that a person that has had a few exes is in no position to seek someone who has never dated, is your first mistake in this issue. if all the women i dated had too many exes, and all these r/ships crashed, then why should i NOT seek to solve the problem by looking for someone who has never dated?!

#2: everyone is different or have different goals in life/marriage, therefore there is no proper answer to that question. some people would say that 1 ex is too many while others would say that from 15 and up is too much.... and they would both be right (to themselves). again, each and everyone has the right AND obligation to decide what is best FOR THEM. who are we to decide what is best for Paul or Tunde etc? let Paul or Tunde decide the type of women they are willing to accept in their lives, and let them live with the consequences of their choices. that is your second mistake here.

#3: VERY relevant to whoever is asking the question. why would they ask the question if it wasnt relevant to them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Latest Dating Trends And The Questions That Needs Answers? by Denko2721987(m): 1:29pm On Apr 30, 2015
MRBrownJ:

bro, dating is not a do or die affair therefore men (and women) have the right to decide what is important to them in a partner. who are we to decide what "should" be important for others? so long as each and everyone is happy with the characteristics of their partner then so be it. my perspective on the question about a woman's past is that such question makes a lot of sense because the answer will give you a clear picture about the type of person you are dealing with. someone who never dated nor had previous bf would be easy to handle because she would have NO experience with men (some people seek for these clueless women), while a lady who has had a "lot" of men passing through her legs life would be a pro in the dating game (and therefore harder to fool or take advantage of)

on with your questions,
#1: first of all, i suggest you stop putting all men in the same bag by assuming that all have had countless partners in their lives. Second, whether a man has had a few partners in his life or not has nothing to do with finding someone right in his life. if a man decides that he doesnt want to meet women that have had a lot of ex partners then that is his right (whether he has 0 or 100 exes).

the fact that you believe that a person that has had a few exes is in no position to seek someone who has never dated, is your first mistake in this issue. if all the women i dated had too many exes, and all these r/ships crashed, then why should i NOT seek to solve the problem by looking for someone who has never dated?!

#2: everyone is different or have different goals in life/marriage, therefore there is no proper answer to that question. some people would say that 1 ex is too many while others would say that from 15 and up is too much.... and they would both be right (to themselves). again, each and everyone has the right AND obligation to decide what is best FOR THEM. who are we to decide what is best for Paul or Tunde etc? let Paul or Tunde decide the type of women they are willing to accept in their lives, and let them live with the consequences of their choices. that is your second mistake here.

#3: VERY relevant to whoever is asking the question. why would they ask the question if it wasnt relevant to them?

i must commend ur efforts for elaborating. I was just assuming a neutral position on the issue so i can have a broader view on the opinions of men and women on this subject. I fully concure with ur assessments but i felt it seems like men were taking advantage of the position of women in relationships becos they assume woman are culturally subjected not to seek such virtues that men always crave for in women. In other words, MOST men (not all) feel they have the impunity of having as many women as they wish and still expect the same majority of women they've had canal knowledge with in the past to still be chaste.. A case of eating ur cake and having it back..
Re: Latest Dating Trends And The Questions That Needs Answers? by MRBrownJ: 3:23pm On Apr 30, 2015
Denko2721987:

i must commend ur efforts for elaborating. I was just assuming a neutral position on the issue so i can have a broader view on the opinions of men and women on this subject. I fully concure with ur assessments but i felt it seems like men were taking advantage of the position of women in relationships becos they assume woman are culturally subjected not to seek such virtues that men always crave for in women. In other words, MOST men (not all) feel they have the impunity of having as many women as they wish and still expect the same majority of women they've had canal knowledge with in the past to still be chaste.. A case of eating ur cake and having it back..

you are making it sound like men take advantage of women, while women are here NOT doing the same, lol! we ALL are using one another to feel better about ourselves. most women out there are using what they have between their legs to control and even sometimes defraud men on a daily, and its viewed as "ok".

its called life, and at the end it balances out, although what we both do aint the same. i fully understand that you would like EQUALITY between men and women, and you have all the rights to feel that way, but please, do remind the majority of women that this means they will have to pay for their own meals when we do go out, get their own recharge card, buy their own hair/phones/ride when we dating, and finally pay equally for the wellbeing of the family when we get married (mortgage, car, food, kids, bills etc).
Re: Latest Dating Trends And The Questions That Needs Answers? by tpiadotcom: 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
Denko2721987:

Do women feel less concerned about what they would be in for?

there is husband scarcity.

(1) (Reply)

When U Are Obsessed With Matching Outfits / Ooni Of Ife Sworn-in As New UNN Chancellor (photos) / Most Common Gifts To Expect From An Igbo Or Yoruba Woman At A Wedding Or Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.