Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides (1175 Views)

See The Line-up Of Vehicles And Aides Awaiting Buhari In Abuja / Aisha Buhari Denies Report Linking Her To Abuse Of Privileges / Barring Govt Officials From Flying First Class Hypocritical —adegboruwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by illiad1(m): 6:56am On Apr 30, 2015
Nigeria’s president-elect
Muhammadu Buhari, has
instructed all his staff, including
the personnel attached directly to
him, to steer clear of all dealings
with the media, and leave all
media affairs to his official media
team.

In a statement in Abuja on
Wednesday, April 29, by the
Directorate of Media and
Publicity of the APC Presidential
Campaign Council, Mr. Buhari
aligned himself with the
pronouncement of his party, the
All Progressives Congress, APC
which had earlier expressed
disagreement with the temporary
barring of the African
Independent Television (AIT)
from covering his activities.
“I would like everyone to
henceforth stay within his/her
defined area of responsibility,”
Mr. Buhari said.

The president-elect added that his
media team should be left to
continue to deal with their media
colleagues in the best possible
way.
According to the statement, Mr.
Buhari was neither consulted nor
informed about the AIT barring,
and only became aware of the
matter after the public uproar it
generated.
“The time of CHANGE has
come,” he said, “and we must
avoid making the same mistakes
that the outgoing government
made.”

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/182257-buhari-denies-barring-ait-blames-overzealous-aides.html
Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by illiad1(m): 7:07am On Apr 30, 2015
A lesson for all the apc/buhari maggots in nairaland
Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 30, 2015
Ayam on a comenteen spri wink
Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by ndcide(m): 7:23am On Apr 30, 2015
They are still exhibiting their triumphalism. most of them are on Nairaland, trying so hard to make us believe buhari will do and undo.

If buhari act the way some folks react here, his government will end before it even begins.
Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by theSpark(m): 7:34am On Apr 30, 2015
He has to be careful with such aides. They can lead to the downfall of his government. Most Nigerian governments are led to destruction by such aides and sycophants.
Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by TeamSimple(m): 7:35am On Apr 30, 2015
Enough of this AIT brouhaha abeg.
Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 30, 2015
GMB my Hero
Ameachi My Role Model
Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by eleojo23: 7:38am On Apr 30, 2015
Mr. Buhari, you have to be in control.
Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by iykebesbt1(m): 7:41am On Apr 30, 2015
I thought this issue has been settled ehh? OP abi u wan chop igbati?
Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 30, 2015
That is why I love this man. Despite the fact that they are his aides, he still condemns their act of vendetta.
Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by TheOtherview: 7:46am On Apr 30, 2015
illiad1:
A lesson for all the apc/buhari maggots in nairaland

Sadly, you are right.
Some change-agents are extreme Buharists angry
In truth, I see no distinction between that lot and the "GEJ till 2039" crew.

Now where do your ideological leanings place you? tongue
Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by strangest(m): 8:08am On Apr 30, 2015
He admitted that he is not in controll

1 Like

Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 30, 2015
ndcide:
They are still exhibiting their triumphalism. most of them are on Nairaland, trying so hard to make us believe buhari will do and undo.

If buhari act the way some folks react here, his government will end before it even begins.
Bros they can issue denial till 2019, all I know is that Alhaji Muhammmadu Buhari was FULLY aware but only trying to do fire damage. They wanted to use AIT to test the waters to see if they will have their way in preparation of a more tougher sanction against the press.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 30, 2015
barcanista:
Bros they can issue denial till 2019, all I know is that Alhaji Muhammmadu Buhari was FULLY aware but only trying to do fire damage. They wanted to use AIT to test the waters to see if they will have their way in preparation of a more tougher sanction against the press.

What waters was gej testing with this?

Four journalists with the Leadership Newspapers were on
Monday detained at the Force headquarters, Abuja over a
story published by the medium last week, but two were
released around 8pm.
The journalists, Mrs. Chinyere Fred-Adegbulugbe, Mr. Tony
Amokeodo, Mr. Chibuzor Ukaibe, and Mr. Chuks Ohuegbe,
had reported at the Force Headquarters on invitation by the
police, but were not allowed to leave after writing
statements.
The police had summoned the journalists over a story titled,
‘Outrage Trails Presidential directive on Tinubu, APC,’
published by Leadership Newspapers last week.

www.punchng.com/news/police-detain-leadership-journalists/
Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 30, 2015
barcanista:

THE Lagos and Abuja offices of Vintage Press
Limited, publishers of The Nation came under
siege yesterday. Four senior editors and other
employees were arrested by security operatives
from the Force CID, Alagbon, Lagos.
Nine detectives, led by Mr. Emma Ogolo,
stormed the Lagos office in two vehicles (a
white-colour Rover Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV),
marked PFN 357 B and a blue-colour Peugeot
504 Salon car, marked 2413 B)

www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/22631-police-invade-the-nation-offices.html
Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by TheOtherview: 8:31am On Apr 30, 2015
barcanista:

Oh no, not the forked tongue again angry

barcanista:

THE PRESS
He Instituted decree 2 and Decree 4 that was aimed at gaging the Press and Banned street protests. This is his only low but he was honest in his actions.

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/1882714/buhari-1983-1985-vs-jonathan-2010-present
Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 30, 2015
TheOtherview:

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/1882714/buhari-1983-1985-vs-jonathan-2010-present
You no sabi comprehend ni?
Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by MzJackBaueress(f): 8:43am On Apr 30, 2015
TheOtherview:

I love it when his past comments are used to counter his recent comments. You don't need to add anything. grin
Not good to speak from both sides of the mouth honestly!
Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by pistol: 8:54am On Apr 30, 2015
i smell Lies.
Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by okotv(m): 8:59am On Apr 30, 2015
Click like if you believe
Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by illiad1(m): 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
TheOtherview:

Sadly, you are right. Some change-agents are extreme Buharists angry In truth, I see no distinction between that lot and the "GEJ till 2039" crew.
Now where do your ideological leanings place you? tongue
I am apolitical. Either Biafra Or Nothing.

Nigeria is far from a country. I wish it nothing but death.
Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by TheOtherview: 1:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
illiad1:

I am apolitical.
Either Biafra Or Nothing.

Nigeria is far from a country. I wish it nothing but death.

Good luck to you.
Re: Buhari Denies Barring AIT, Blames Overzealous Aides by NCOIM(m): 2:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
Phew!!!

Blessed St. Muhammad buhari Should keep his tongue one place sad angry
Anyway,,,Only the gullible can be deceived

As far as I'm concerned,,,he knows that his actions lately contradicts what he's painting himself as undecided

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Report: Gombe State Governor, Dankwambo In N 127.8 Billion Fraud! / Graphic Photos: Man Burnt To Death In Fatal Car Accident Along PH Expressway / Photos Of Nigerian Troops On Patrol Duties In The Northern Part Of The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.