Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers (24106 Views)

Vigilante Member Shoots His Colleague To Death In Niger State (Graphic Photos) / Vigilante Men Arrest Fulani Gunmen With Weapons Going To Delta From Taraba(pics) / We Bought Over 100 Exotic Cars From Robbers , Kidnappers (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 30, 2015
Traffic on Ugbowo–Lagos Road in Benin City was on Wednesday grounded to a halt following a protest by residents of Technical College Road and environs over alleged killing of a member of a vigilante group by the police.

Protesters took to the street to protest the death of Mr Ikehria Lucias Ikariagbe who was allegedly killed by a police officer attached to the Okhoro police division in Benin City.

Narrating the incident, some residents said they noticed the presence of heavily armed robbers at night who dispossessed some residents of their belongings. They said the head of the vigilante group late Mr Lucias Ikariagbe gave the robbers a hot chase and recovered some mobile phones.

MaxNaija learned that some policemen who later arrived the scene, retrieved the mobile phones from the vigilante and also shot him dead.

An eye witness Mr Isibor Jonathan who spoke to MaxNaija said the late Mr Lucias came out bravely to fight the robbers and drove them out of the community, only to the called back by the police who took the the mobile phones he retrieved from the robbers and shot him once, Mr Lucias cried out saying he wasn't a robber but a vigilante member, the police wouldn't yield to any of that as they shot him again to ensure he was dead.

Late Mr Lucias Ikariagbe was said to be a father of 2 kids and have been a vigilante working in the area for the past 15 years.

CC lalasticlala

Source - http://www.maxnaija.com/2015/04/photos-police-shots-vigilante-member.html

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by loomer: 8:59am On Apr 30, 2015
One man come fight heavily armed men, only for him to be killed by police.

I de wait for the real story

6 Likes

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by oluwafemi113(m): 9:00am On Apr 30, 2015
Too bad
Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 30, 2015
Photo

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by eazisky(m): 9:07am On Apr 30, 2015
Yet they told us ''police is our friend''

7 Likes

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 30, 2015
cc OAM4J
Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by pretydiva(f): 9:15am On Apr 30, 2015
Heard abt it yesterday. Dis is indeed sad

2 Likes

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by ozoigbondu: 9:15am On Apr 30, 2015
The police is the root of all evils.The are nothing but a bunch of incomptent fools that murders those that does their jobs better than them

29 Likes

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 30, 2015
Ashita ibon ko ni ba wa ati awon eniyan osad

(Stray bullet shall not be our potion) Amen

[size=15]IamMaleGirl[/size]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by saaedlee: 9:16am On Apr 30, 2015
So sad

1 Like

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by sukkot: 9:16am On Apr 30, 2015
police shots ? dayum. you self be marksman yo sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by baybeeboi: 9:16am On Apr 30, 2015
heard the Policeman is an Igbo Man.
Igbos do that.

1 Like

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by hamrad(m): 9:17am On Apr 30, 2015
Na wao
Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 30, 2015
the police would distort the story later on...

2 Likes

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by datola: 9:17am On Apr 30, 2015
Nigeria(n) Police- one of the greatest enemies of ordinary citizens.

They meant the opposite when they said "police is your friend'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by tucky200(m): 9:17am On Apr 30, 2015
Ode people..goan burn down d police station. Una dey cause hold up road

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by Owliver(m): 9:17am On Apr 30, 2015
Don't believe it yet. Its a one sided story. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by Ebubeslym(m): 9:17am On Apr 30, 2015
This story no complete.
Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:18am On Apr 30, 2015
Na wa oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by nairaman66(m): 9:18am On Apr 30, 2015
The number one problem of Nigeria? The Nigerian police force!!

4 Likes

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by shadrama(m): 9:18am On Apr 30, 2015
Police is ur best friend undecided

1 Like

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 30, 2015
Nawa oo, what a tragic situation. .. Doing good is now seen as bad by the police? The man for kuku stay him house and allow the robbers do whatever they wanted undecided

Your soul will definitely RIP because you died trying to save people. ..

Meanyl, we need to hear from the police too...

1 Like

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 30, 2015
Ginawest i love u... Dis news concerneth me not
Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by Bussy23(m): 9:19am On Apr 30, 2015
na work wey govt no send dem dey sabi do pass,na only God knw weda dem bath sef.
Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 30, 2015
Change might happen @ the top but it will never get to the man on the street because of the endemic corruption @ the grassroot.

Policemen are the worst people to call upon in time of crises and also that mobile phone needs to be checked because of the amount of info stored in it

1 Like

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by arinze151: 9:20am On Apr 30, 2015
change as come.
Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by babyBB: 9:21am On Apr 30, 2015
I wonder d kind of training nigerian police are undergoing. Even if they want to shoot aa suspect can dey shoot him on d leg must they shoot him were he will. Die instantly? They should learn frm America police. Too bad RIP to d dead

1 Like

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by LordCenturion(m): 9:21am On Apr 30, 2015
younglas:
when arm robbers visited your house that's when you will know that the police are useful

Come here Bro, come and see ur black brothers life, ur protectors, ur uncles, ur friendz,, are they still your family?,shebi I tell u the other day u are spewing rubbish... hope they do that thing to u soon or someone close to u, u wil now know that they are ur worst enemy,well, it's a family matter sha..... Mtcheeeeeew..... Eeeediot

younglas:
I know that you can vomit trash through your anus if you keep on insulting your country securities one day your eyes go open as for me I know how much the police have helped me and I can't insult them for once because I am a good citizen not a foreigner like you

I know that they have done a lot for you, they protect u from morning till night, but the last time I checked ur brain, it still better than today's own

1 Like

Re: Police Shots Vigilante Member Dead After He Saved His Community From Robbers by fashoo2010(m): 9:22am On Apr 30, 2015
K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta / Man Steals 150 Cows In Minna, Kills 50 Others / Police Arrests 15 Kidnappers In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.