Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List (62686 Views)

Gorgeous Urhobo Bride From Niger Delta / Is This Bride Prize / Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:49am On May 11, 2015
somegirl1:

Are you saying it wouldn't be exploitation if it weren't made public?
don't get me wrong.
What I m trying to say is the list is a form of exploitation.
There are grooms that will afford it.
But u v to question why its so much. Cos that's not a proper way of making a groom to know the worth of his bride

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 19, 2015
If the list is true, abeg how do conductors, drivers, shoemakers, carpenters n brick layers in Igbo land marry??
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by baralatie(m): 4:43am On May 22, 2015
chuna1985:
If the list is true, abeg how do conductors, drivers, shoemakers, carpenters n brick layers in Igbo land marry??
now you get the trick behind trad marriage.
it. is based on the grooms first hand impression
you rich your bill rich

you poor your bill poor

it also means that you can't get the a class women as well.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 4:57am On May 22, 2015
baralatie:

now you get the trick behind trad marriage.
it. is based on the grooms first hand impression
you rich your bill rich

you poor your bill poor

it also means that you can't get the a class women as well.

The fact is that those lists r not compulsory in most cases. marriage in Igbo land depends on what a man and his to be in laws agree.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by amax92(m): 12:56pm On Jun 24, 2017
Itulah:

About N1.3M. White wedding expenses not inclusive.
I'm currently dating an Imolite who I'd like to marry.
I'd like to know, is this bride price standard or based on the family's discretion?
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Itulah(m): 8:01am On Jun 25, 2017
amax92:

I'd like to know, is this bride price standard or based on the family's discretion?

It is standard, you gats tighten up your belt.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by DocAdray(f): 5:16pm On Jun 25, 2017
amax92:

It's based on the family's discretion.
The father is the main influencing factor, then uncles (extended family). Don't show off to your in -laws to be, if not they are likely to 'loot'.
Just be calm, diplomatic and prepared.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by wowmagonline: 3:22pm On Apr 26, 2022
Imo bride price list will shock you. They don't have a conscience at all. How will you make this mandatory? Ano marry again ooo
https://www.immigratefly.xyz/2022/04/bride-price-list-in-imo-state.html
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by kals4luv990(m): 2:13pm On May 19, 2022
That's why wen I marry their daughter and use her anyhow I want..make nobody come dey disturb me

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Masquerade Exhibiting Powers Failed By His Juju As Bullet Penetrates - Oyo State / Salaries Of South-West Obas Before Independence (Pictured) / This Picture Of The Ooni Of Ife And His Wife Has People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.