Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition (1417 Views)

Wike Blasts Amaechi For Trying To Derail Osinbajo's Visit / Senate Accuses Buhari Of Plot To Remove Saraki And Ekweremadu / How GEJ's Govt. Used Bullion Vans To Cart Away N67.2bn From CBN - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by PassingShot(m): 1:34pm On Apr 30, 2015
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has accused the JonathanAdministration of plotting to hinder a smooth handover of power on May29th,. as it is becoming apparent that the Administration will not fully cooperate with the incoming government, despite its public posturing in that regard.

In a statement issued in Abuja on Thursday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party also described as an act of hostility and a patently-misplaced aggression the unnecessary vituperation against the incoming Buhari Administration by the Jonathan government, ostensibly because of the terms of reference of the Buhari Transition Committee but in reality part of an orchestrated
plot to sabotage the transition.

It rejected the continued blackmail by the Jonathan Administration as a result of President Jonathan’s concession of defeat, wondering whether the concession, gracious as it was, has now become a shield for all wrong doings.

”We are sick and tired of being blackmailed by the Jonathanians. Gen. Buhari won the 28 March Presidential Elections fair and square, having satisfied both constitutional and other statutory requirements.

We have no apology for our victory, and the concession of defeat – while it may have increased the political stock of President Jonathan – has by no means diminished the historic and emphatic victory of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress,” APC said.

Justifying its statement that the Jonathan Administration is plotting to hinder a smooth transition of power, the party said while the outgoing government had earlier issued a memo to all ministries, departments and agencies to make sure their handover notes are ready by April 20th, the same government has now reversed itself and said the handover notes will not be ready until May 14th.

”With the new date, the Buhari Transition Committee will have little or no time to take a thorough look at the handover notes or seek clarification on knotty issues, effectively handing it (Buhari Transition Committee) a fait accompli as far as the handover notes are concerned. This does not augur well for a smooth transition and gives the impression that the outgoing Administration is trying to hide something.
”By its dillydallying on the date for the readiness of the handover notes from the MDAs, the administration’s posturing that it is ready to hand over has been exposed as nothing but a smokescreen,”
, it said.

APC described as illogical and strange the claim by the Jonathan Administration that the President-elect is trying to set up a parallel government simply because he has set up his own Transition Committee and given it terms of reference meant to guide the members on the discharge of their duties as members of that Committee, wondering how on earth those terms of reference have become the concern of the outgoing Federal Executive Council.

”In case the Federal Executive Council has forgotten, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress was declared the winner of the March 28th Presidential Election by INEC. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari is therefore today the President-elect and the All Progressives Congress the incoming government. It is therefore illogical to accuse the President-elect and the incoming government of setting up a parallel government.

”It is either the outgoing Federal Executive Council has something to hide or is bent on sabotaging the incoming government. There can be no other reasons for the misplaced aggression that was exhibited in that ill-intentioned, unprovoked and vitriolic statement from the Jonathan government,” the party said.
It said that in order to put the matter beyond doubt, the party has decided to publish in full the terms of reference in question so that Nigerians can judge for themselves whether there is anything suggestive of intimidation or running a parallel government in the document.

APC warned the Jonathanians not to overstretch the goodwill which the President has earned by his gracious concession even before INEC officially declared Gen. Muhammadu Buhari as the winner of the March 28th Presidential election, saying while it was momentous, it was not unprecedented in Africa, where power has changed hands peacefully between the ruling and opposition parties in several nations.

”Are they now saying that because the President conceded defeat, the incoming administration can no longer ask legitimate questions or seek clarifications that may arise from the handover notes.
”We will not surrender to any blackmail, subtle or otherwise. We shall ask questions and ask for explanations and clarifications whenever and wherever we deem such necessary. We cannot run a transparently honest government or fight corruption if we are prevented from asking legitimate questions and seeking clarifications from the outgoing government during the transition process. Let the Jonathan Administration not tie our hands behind our back just because he conceded defeat after losing an election,” the party said.

http://linkis.com/www.vanguardngr.com/li3RQ

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by PassingShot(m): 1:35pm On Apr 30, 2015
GEJ is too uncomfortable and scared of GMB. He should not over push his luck.

4 Likes

Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
Na wa for dis 2 parties sha, if una play una games finish abeg meet me for sambisa , I wan save our girls grin

1 Like

Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by PassingShot(m): 1:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
Lalasticlala, Mukina2, I think this deserves a front page slot.
Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by PassingShot(m): 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
CC: Omenka egift Mzjackbauress Obiagelli Gbawe NgeneUkwenu Pataki nduchucks Mynd44 Koboko69
Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 30, 2015
the
party said while the outgoing government had earlier
issued a memo to all ministries, departments and
agencies to make sure their handover notes are ready by
April 20th, the same government has now reversed itself
and said the handover notes will not be ready until May
14th.

These clowns can't even do anything right, rather than concentrate on handing over, the are busy sacking and hiring.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by MrKnowitall: 2:17pm On Apr 30, 2015
Honestly, I'm hoping Jonathan tries something funny. I hope he plays tough guy and try and stay longer, so Buhari can do away with him. smooth transition my azz, i want Jonathan removed, by force.

6 Likes

Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
We all know that they are hiding things

3 Likes

Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 30, 2015
Jonathan shouldnt act lyk gbagbo, if he shud he'll surely b orubebe'd out lyk orubebe. . We're acting jega(cool) and waiting 4 hs tru colour. .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by tinkinjow: 2:30pm On Apr 30, 2015
PassingShot:

For your mind u don say something o.stop there fear mongering. if anything, Tinubu and probably some uncle of yours should be more alarmed than Jonathan.
Soon u will find out.
Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by omenka(m): 2:33pm On Apr 30, 2015

It rejected the continued blackmail by the
Jonathan Administration as a result of President
Jonathan’s concession of defeat, wondering
whether the concession, gracious as it was, has
now become a shield for all wrong doings.
This has always been my problem with Jonathanians. Everytime they make one of their provocative and mindless manoeuvres, they always sight "Jonathan's magnanimity in conceding defeat" as though he now has the right to do whatever he pleases regardless of the dictates of the constitution simply because he "conceded defeat". His concession was for the good of Nigeria and indeed, his.

They should be mindful of the way they go about their shenanigans so they don't erode whatever "good" name they've made for themselves by "conceding defeat".
Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by seunmsg(m): 2:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
All this back and forth, accusation and counter accusation are unnecessary. If PDP says the handover note will be ready by may 14th, APC should kindly wait till then. They will have enough time from may 29th to review and ask all the knotty questions that may arise so, why the urgency? And it's not as if the people handing over will disappear from the country after handing over. They can always call back anybody with a case to answer to come and respond appropriately.
Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by egift(m): 2:41pm On Apr 30, 2015
In as much as Buhari will like to concentrate on his own administration and fulfill his promises to Nigeria, I will like to see the Jonathan's administration scrutinized and those found to have stolen from us tried and sent to jail.

the level of corruption under Jonathan is alarming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by Goke7: 2:44pm On Apr 30, 2015
egift:
In as much as Buhari will like to concentrate on his own administration and fulfill his promises to Nigeria, I will like to see the Jonathan's administration scrutinized and those found to have stolen from us tried and sent to jail.

the level of corruption under Jonathan is alarming.

seconded, ony those who want stomach infrastructure to continue will think otherwise o

3 Likes

Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by saintade01(m): 2:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
May 14th - May 29th

Does that mean Buhari's transition team got only 15 days to vet what the incumbent government has done for the past 4years?
Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by doctokwus: 3:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
Its quite obvious that GEJ is doing all what he can to not only derail d transition but try to make d GMB govt to fail when he takes over power.
But one thing he should know is that a man that has been destined by God to succeed and write his name in gold,as GMB has,cannot be handicapped in anyway by a failure as GEJ.
Everyday,well meaning people continue to put GMB in our prayers because we know d task ahead,of cleaning years of rot,cannot be easy,but we knowing he is capable, gives us faith and assurance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by AhmedMustapha(m): 3:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
Hmmm
Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by Curlieweed: 3:12pm On Apr 30, 2015
Buhari and his Apeeshit co-travellers should stop shopping for excuses against their failure.

Which handover notes did he get from Shagari's government the first time he stole power?

1 Like

Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
Jonathan is simply an idiotic President! 30 days is just too much to endure this Useless mofo! I wish we can just sweep him away immediately!

2 Likes

Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:19pm On Apr 30, 2015
Curlieweed:
[s]Buhari and his Apeeshit co-travellers should stop shopping for excuses against their failure.

Which handover notes did he get from Shagari's government the first time he stole power?[/s]

Another simpleton!

2 Likes

Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by doctokwus: 3:24pm On Apr 30, 2015
MrKnowitall:
Honestly, I'm hoping Jonathan tries something funny. I hope he plays tough guy and try and stay longer, so Buhari can do away with him. smooth transition my azz, i want Jonathan removed, by force.
Funny and honest enough,I echo your sentiments.
I was hoping his cluelessness would extend to his refusing to accept the results of d polls,but apparently,the U.S,U.K the abdulsalamis and those others in d office with him that day,saved his ar se and forcefully guided him to concede.

3 Likes

Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by Curlieweed: 3:24pm On Apr 30, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Another simpleton!

Looks like you're the other simpleton
Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by ndcide(m): 3:31pm On Apr 30, 2015
Well, After may 29, APC will have to fight itself.
Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by Pataki: 3:58pm On Apr 30, 2015
Jonathan conceding was nothing other than a smokescreen to allow himself perpetuate his silliness till May 28th.

I am not fooled by Jonathan, he has no iota of respect or honor in my books. Alhaji Lai seems to very well know how detect and announce every evil whims and caprices of this Jonathan government.

May 29 is almost here.

1 Like

Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by BlackTechnology: 4:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
PassingShot:

Nigerians should ask

Baba One Chance

Baba Aladdin with his Jinni lamp

Baba Of Excuses

Change has turn into Chain

When is he probing Tinubu OBJ Saraki Atiku etc

grin grin grin
Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
So common handover report which has no constitutional time date or window is what these janjawiids are crying over?

If they even handed over the report one year in advance will that stop GEJ from being presifent till may 29?

These APC ediots have already started giving excuses for their impending failure
Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by luvmijeje(f): 4:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
It said that in order to put the matter beyond doubt, the party has decided to publish in full the terms of reference in question so that Nigerians can judge for themselves whether there is anything suggestive of intimidation or running a parallel government in the document.

Nigerians are awaiting the terms of reference that's causing Jonathan and his gang of Thieves to be shouting. . . . .. Is the shouting justifiable?
Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by Muyogoa: 4:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
Shebi if somebody fails a class, he would be asked to repeat the class. JONATHAN had failed us, he shld av been given change to repeat.
Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by koboko69: 10:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
I have always said there is nothing heroic about Jonathan conceding defeat. He lost the elections therefore has no choice than to vacate the seat. The clowns that tried holding on to power despite defeat all had a fatal end. Trying to set the incoming government up for failure clearly shows Jonathan is more wicked than Shekau! Nigeria is moving....forward. Jonathan or no Jonathan....!
Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by debo07(m): 11:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
And pple are tagging dat drunkard a hero.Hero my azz.he is just too cluess.I just wonder hw some pple can't still look beyond GEJ face and see the real devil in him.that man is hrtless.Even the world leaders don't see him fit to rule.They shw him no respect.He hasn't really come to terms wit d fact dat NNPC will no longer be his ATM machine again and no more 3million budget for food daily again.May 29 will come and nothing will stop it.
Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
when May 29th 2015 comes, all these accusations would stop and PDP would go to the trenches.
Re: APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition by NCOIM(m): 12:47am On May 01, 2015
APC should be reminded that GEJ is still the president tI'll may 29

These Old He-diots should Keep shut angry

If they ain't gonna wait,,,They should better hibernate

(1) (2) (Reply)

THE NORTH HAS THE FINAL SAY ON NIGER DELTA OIL / PHOTOS: Queen Of England Invites Nigerian, CAC Pastor JT Bandele & Wife / Precast Light Weight Exterior EPS Concrete Wall Panels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.