Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way (44964 Views)

Infinix Note 3: A Big Phone With Big Promises / Airtel Trybe Night Browsing A Big Scam / Hmmm MTN Do Well Oooooh This Time Is N33600 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Collinz2(m): 9:21am On May 06, 2015
martineverest:
Hololens ll come in sizes and grades,just like fones and computer...there ll be cheap ones as well as xpensive ones.besides,analyst predict 500/600 dollars as starting(dats below cost of iphone 6 price)..........surface pro 3 is a complete tablet with more functions.are tablets not computers?
surface pro is laplet to replace laptop jst as laptop replace desktop pc. What will u do with hololens.
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by martineverest(m): 9:45am On May 06, 2015
A laplet is a table with spec of a laptop or a tablet with laptop hardware....they re know as hybrid computers............incase u dont know,hololens ls future tv replacement.as a mechanical engineer,who uses inventor,solidworks,pro engineer and autocad softwares in designing,hololens ll ,make me design and see how its look in reality.hololens will be helpful in medicine,architecture,schools,engineering,gaming etc.....inshort,its actually a tv or computer in reality...dats y its called 'augmented reality'....it ll surely replace computers
Collinz2:
surface pro is laplet to replace laptop jst as laptop replace desktop pc. What will u do with hololens.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by ewizard1: 2:13pm On May 06, 2015
ITbomb:

We said the same thing about Symbian years ago.
Technology evolves

Ok, please sit down (would give you a whole day), think hard and come tell me how advance more " MOBILE TECHNOLOGY " (Making phone calls, doing tasks on your MOBILE Device) can be.

I said in one thread, that "Except we are going to be taping on the thin air to make calls and do the things we do on our Devices, as long as it has to be in a physical mobile device, ANDROID is the Future"

I said that because i dont think theres any other way tech could be more advance. Imagine Locking Doors, Powering Home appliances, Controlling things in your house while you're in the Office.... with your MOBILE DEVICE!!!! shocked

What else can be called ADVANCED?

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by slinkman(m): 2:21pm On May 06, 2015
ewizard1:

Ok, please sit down (would give you a whole day), think hard and come tell me how advance more " MOBILE TECHNOLOGY " (Making phone calls, doing tasks on your MOBILE Device) can be.

I said in one thread, that "Except we are going to be taping on the thin air to make calls and do the things we do on our Devices, as long as it has to be in a physical mobile device, ANDROID is the Future"
sensible post
I said that because i dont think theres any other way tech could be more advance. Imagine Locking Doors, Powering Home appliances, Controlling things in your house while you're in the Office.... with your MOBILE DEVICE!!!! shocked

sensible post
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by ITbomb(m): 4:01pm On May 06, 2015
ewizard1:

....... while you're in the Office.... with your MOBILE DEVICE!!!! shocked

imagine if you could all those on your mobile then flawlessly transfer the operations to your workstation without loss of data or setup!
Now that is ADVANCED!!
Welcome to Windows 10!!!

1 Like

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Fulaman198(m): 4:19pm On May 06, 2015
ewizard1:

That's where you are wrong and how I know you are not a scientist. Tech always improves and scientists never jump to conclusions about tech
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Fulaman198(m): 4:19pm On May 06, 2015
ITbomb:

imagine if you could all those on your mobile then flawlessly transfer the operations to your workstation without loss of data or setup!
Now that is ADVANCED!!
Welcome to Windows 10!!!

Exactly
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by ewizard1: 6:58pm On May 06, 2015
ITbomb:

Now that is ADVANCED!!
Welcome to Windows 10!!!
Can you please make this more clearer?
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by ITbomb(m): 7:12pm On May 06, 2015
ewizard1:

Can you please make this more clearer?
Basically, unlike the present Windows Phone (all dis lumia), Microsoft is developing an Operating system that will run both on Desktop and mobile, therefore the same app that runs on your laptop can also run on your phone.
Everything you did with your computer can now be done on any lumia phone running Windows 10.

Click here to read the full gist about this revolutionary OS
Windows 10: The next big thing in computing

1 Like

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by ewizard1: 7:41pm On May 06, 2015
ITbomb:

Basically, unlike the present Windows Phone (all dis lumia), Microsoft is developing an Operating system that will run both on Desktop and mobile, therefore the same app that runs on your laptop can also run on your phone.
Everything you did with your computer can now be done on any lumia phone running Windows 10.

Click here to read the full gist about this revolutionary OS
Windows 10: The next big thing in computing

Ok, now i get it.

Ok, so you would compare Windows to Android? You know Windows would never get Quater of amazing apps designed for Android (MOBILEwise)

Yes, Windows is great... when it comes to Computer OS, Android would always lead when it comes to Mobile OS!

#
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by ITbomb(m): 8:10pm On May 06, 2015
ewizard1:

Ok, now i get it.

Ok, so you would compare Windows to Android? You know Windows would never get Quater of amazing apps designed for Android (MOBILEwise)

Yes, Windows is great... when it comes to Computer OS, Android would always lead when it comes to Mobile OS!

#
If you get a Windows phone that run all Android apps on a sleeker interface and better battery plus ability to run the same app on your desktop, wouldn't you rather buy such a phone?
That is what Windows 10 is offering

1 Like

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Danhumprey: 11:13pm On May 06, 2015
ITbomb:

If you get a Windows phone that run all Android apps on a sleeker interface and better battery plus ability to run the same app on your desktop, wouldn't you rather buy such a phone?
Bro,where/who can I buy cheap data plan from? I'm using a Nokia phone.
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by ewizard1: 11:14pm On May 06, 2015
ITbomb:

That would be kool i know... But please mark this...

Even if Windows 10 would run Android apps, it would never do it flawlessly like the Android OS operated Device itself.

Maybe we should look on till then.
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Fulaman198(m): 11:33pm On May 06, 2015
ITbomb:

This is exactly what I have been saying all along. Most people just don't want to listen nor do they get the gists of what I was saying before. It really is quite that simple.
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by ITbomb(m): 12:34am On May 07, 2015
Danhumprey:
Bro,where/who can I buy cheap data plan from? I'm using a Nokia phone.
Check here www.nairaland.com/2041831/cheapest-mtn-data-bundle-price/8
Or here http://www.ityunit.com/2015/04/best-affordable-data-plan-for-your.html

Wey you dey when dem dey share awoof data on airtel and mtn
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Danhumprey: 5:36am On May 07, 2015
ITbomb:

Check here www.nairaland.com/2041831/cheapest-mtn-data-bundle-price/8
Or here http://www.ityunit.com/2015/04/best-affordable-data-plan-for-your.html

Wey you dey when dem dey share awoof data on airtel and mtn
I'm new to these stuffs,ya know.
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 13, 2015
microsoft again. them don suck nokia dry, now they are targeting android.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 13, 2015
ITbomb:

you made a point here, but what of battery life? nothing good comes chEAp..
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Fulaman198(m): 2:50pm On May 14, 2015
crotonite:

you made a point here, but what of battery life? nothing good comes chEAp..

They would have to implant huge batteries within their phones
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by dabosuker(m): 12:26am On May 15, 2015
battery capacity of smartphones has always been increasing to meet the demanding task of smartphones

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands / Be Careful Of Your Phones And Phone Addiction, See Why / Would Elon Musk Keep Parag Agrawal As Twitter CEO After This Tweet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.