Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

What To Do While Waiting For A Job Opening - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What To Do While Waiting For A Job Opening (1345 Views)

9 Jobs You Can Do While Waiting For Your NYSC Posting / 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer / Things To Do While Waiting For A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do While Waiting For A Job Opening by iykebesbt1(m): 11:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
The rate of growth of the unemployed in Nigeria today is alarming. Employers most times finds it difficult handing the large mass of people applying for a limited position in the organization. take the just concluded NIS and FAAN application for instance,where over 80000 persons are jostling for a position of 4000 persons . However. these employers have devised a means of cutting down the crowd to the barest minimum and this is through EXAM. Yes,I said exam. Most of their questions needs a lot of brain storming before you can even start answering them. hence it is not your usual walk over exam. The goodnews is that you can pass this exam by having acquaint yourself with the understanding of the kind of questions these firms ask. Thanks to GMAT. So I'd advice all meaningful unemployed graduates to get a Copy of GMAT and start brain storming on your own. You never know what your brain could with enough practice. Do this diligently and give that next exam a hot shot.

For those that've got a copy already and are finding one or two questions confusing ,kindly drop them here and we will get back to you soonest. www.blazingten..com/2015/04/gmat-quantitative-reasoning-solutions.html
Re: What To Do While Waiting For A Job Opening by braine(m): 11:16pm On Apr 30, 2015
Na wah. You write school exams; waec, jamb, postjamb, university exam. Na to dey write exam for jobs. Why have things come to this?
Re: What To Do While Waiting For A Job Opening by iykebesbt1(m): 11:33pm On Apr 30, 2015
braine:
Na wah. You write school exams; waec, jamb, postjamb, university exam. Na to dey write exam for jobs. Why have things come to this?
most of the countries in the western world doesn't do like that.. After going through ur application details,they will invite u straight up for an interview.. Here in Nigeria,this exam is used to reduce the crowd and also select the acclaimed best. These are the people to be invited for interview.. So let's endure it untill things get berra.
Re: What To Do While Waiting For A Job Opening by Donpizzle(m): 9:10am On May 01, 2015
i tot GMAT is for business related courses. wat bout d science related course, do we stil go thru GMAT or GRE .pls a clearer xplanatn needed..tnx
Re: What To Do While Waiting For A Job Opening by ednut1(m): 9:43am On May 01, 2015
nysc service year shud be used to study gmat nd gre. i have passed only 4 out of like 16 tests hahahahaha. @donpizzle weda u study yoruba nd u gt an invite for a test u will write gmat,shl or gre test. to me it favours engineering nd science students most. majority of science students work in business related jobs nowadays

1 Like

Re: What To Do While Waiting For A Job Opening by Donpizzle(m): 9:57am On May 01, 2015
ednut1:
nysc service year shud be used to study gmat nd gre. i have passed only 4 out of like 16 tests hahahahaha. @donpizzle weda u study yoruba nd u gt an invite for a test u will write gmat,shl or gre test. to me it favours engineering nd science students most. majority of science students work in business related jobs nowadays

true talk. Nothin lyk specialization again dis days ooo. Anywhr wey wrk show na to start frm dere ooo.
Dat means we wuld hv to study both gmat nd gre....i hv bin studyin gre buh i hv nvr studied gmat.tanx for d info.
Re: What To Do While Waiting For A Job Opening by iykebesbt1(m): 2:13pm On May 01, 2015
Donpizzle:
i tot GMAT is for business related courses. wat bout d science related course, do we stil go thru GMAT or GRE .pls a clearer xplanatn needed..tnx
I used think like that before bro..but GMAT concerns those applying in banks,oil companies,multinationals,private companies etc... And don't forget ur current affairs too

(1) (Reply)

Activation Job / Genesis Group Job Recruitment / Jobs At Drum Cussac Premium Logistic & Solutions Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.