Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,323 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Those Defecting From PDP To APC Will Return Hungry – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Defecting From PDP To APC Will Return Hungry – Jonathan (567 Views)

Reps Defecting From PDP Will Lose Their Seats, Party Vows / Akala Meets With Tinubu & Wife After Defecting To APC (Photo) / Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Defecting From PDP To APC Will Return Hungry – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:47am On May 01, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has said that those who are defecting to the All Progressives Congress because the ruling Peoples Democratic Party lost the March 28 presidential election will soon return hungry.

Jonathan spoke on Thursday when he received the report of the recently concluded general elections from the Director General of the PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation and former National Chairman of the party, retired Colonel Ahmadu Ali.

According to the President, the APC would take care of its core members first before “food” can get to defectors from PDP.

He said: “Those people running and those already cross-carpeting, they will come back on an empty stomach because they will touch the primary members of their party before they get to you. “They know you are coming because you are hungry.

“Before it will get to you, the food will be gone.” Jonathan, therefore, encouraged “members of our party to remain loyal to the party, not to be so disillusioned ‎because we lost presidential election and decide to go where they think they will fill their stomachs or something.

“It’s not easy I have been here for five years plus. “You hardly satisfy even 15 percent of those who work for you. “So, let us be committed to the party. “Yes, we will have challenges at the beginning, but surely we will get to where we want to be.”

President Jonathan also posited that the PDP remains the dominant party in the country, calling on its members to remain steadfast and united to make sure the party bounces back in future elections.

He also urged them not to lose hope, saying what happened to the party happens almost every election year in Ghana, USA and other countries.

He spoke further: “So I know that the issues of the 2015 general elections maybe after few years when political scientists will write, we will get different perspectives. “If you ask the various observer groups, each will give you a different perspective.

“Even among ourselves whenever we talk, ‎sometimes I laugh when people draw some of their analysis but by my privileged position, I know a little more about the elections than others. “But the key thing isn’t whether we lost or won, but that Nigeria as a nation must move forward.

“Political parties can only thrive when there is peace and stability in the country. “If there is military intervention, all the parties will disappear. “And for PDP, whatever happened now is like a slip. “‎You don’t need to go to America to know how power goes from the Democrat to the Republican.

“It has almost stabilised. “It’s like once you serve eight years, you are ready to hand over to either the Republican or the Democrat. “So theirs is almost an established setting. “But for Ghana very close to us, the present party lost some eight years back and of course they came back and won the elections.

“So the problem is not whether we lost the elections, but ‎how do we consolidate our party and move forward. “If we are committed and we work hard, definitely PDP will bounce back. “PDP is still the dominant party.

“If you look at the result, the difference is just 2.5 million votes ‎and if you look at the areas where it is perceived that PDP scored so low, PDP couldn’t have gotten those kinds of scores, but the elections are over, the country first.”

On the historic congratulatory phone call he made to the winner, General Muhammadu Buhari, Jonathan said he consulted nobody. He said: “It is not as if Jonathan alone made the sacrifice. “It’s all of us. “I made the pronouncement but some of us are paying the prize. “Some people pay more prize than I do. “I know how some of you are already being persecuted and the kind of situation facing you.

“The key thing is that we must continue to unite.

Read More @ http://www.africanewshub.com/news/3042543-those-defecting-from-pdp-to-apc-will-return-hungry-jonathan
Re: Those Defecting From PDP To APC Will Return Hungry – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:31am On May 01, 2015
Its well my President! You've done well and any meaningful Nigerian would appreciate you.
Re: Those Defecting From PDP To APC Will Return Hungry – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:30am On May 01, 2015
Ok
Re: Those Defecting From PDP To APC Will Return Hungry – Jonathan by ugia(f): 8:55am On May 01, 2015
Please Mr GEJ quit crying over spilled milk. You and your goons have run this prosperous country aground. No petrol, No power, no salaries for civil servants, the list is endless. You Surrounded yourself with bunch of sycophants that failed to give u the true picture of things and you lived in your make believe world forgetting that there is a pay back time. Behold GEJ it is slapping u and your stiff-necked cohorts in the face like a tsunami. You ain't seen nothing yet. We voted u into office hoping that u will make a difference but you ended up telling us you were not worth the trouble. You still have the moral right to tell Nigerian you conceded defeat in the interest of peace. Spare me sir this hogwash. You were fully aware of the implications of your adamancy if you had rejected the results. My heart bleeds for this once prosperous nation.

(1) (Reply)

Reps Oppose Fuel Subsidy Removal - Punch / The Stupidity Of Hate / PDP Crisis: Jonathan Meets Party’s National Working Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.